Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    kT is pretty smooth and hardtail or short travel is right. No chunk or chunder.
    I might ride part of the Colorado trail next summer.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

if you are planning on riding the CT with it, you probably want the shorter travel bike. You're not going to want to bikepack on a borderline enduro bike.

I rode the CT this summer. I would have been fine doing it on a SB130 or SB115. My wife was on a Spot Mayhem (like the 130) and I was on a Mach 4 Sl (Like the 115) both did great and had their pros.

Honestly... it seems like Yeti doesn’t have the right bike for you. The 115 is a long legged XC bike. If you want that and are looking to cover ground it’s great. The 130 Is a trail bike that’s trying to ride like an enduro bike... it’s a lot more bike than the older Bronson for example and likely more progressive than you want.

Check out other brands that have trail bikes that split the difference. The Pivot 429 trail comes to mind. It will be nearly as fast as the 115 but descends way better than the 5010... also it’s a lot more playful than either Yeti.

Also... the frames don’t break which is a cool feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    I rode the CT this summer. I would have been fine doing it on a SB130 or SB115. My wife was on a Spot Mayhem (like the 130) and I was on a Mach 4 Sl (Like the 115) both did great and had their pros.
    Most of my bikepacking trips have times when you wish you had brought a different bike, part of the adventure though!

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    The single most common complaint I hear regarding the SB130 is that the Geo and 150mm Fox 36 write checks that the 130mm rear end cannot cash.
    I demo'd a lunch ride and felt that the rear end was fine for drops, but felt a bit stiff / harsh on repeated chunky hits. Could have been the set up with only ~3 rides on it.

I bought a sb130 back in June, coming off of a V3 Bronson.
    Being right between sizes, I dropped down to a Med Yeti from a Large SC, trying to keep wheelbase a bit shorter for tight switchback trails, and I'm glad I did. From my first demo ride i was super comfortable on the 29 wheels, not the clumsy feeling I was almost expecting. Climbs amazing, I'm routinely making climbs that I never did on my Bronson.
    It just feels quick everywhere. I am mid 40s, wheels pretty much stay on the ground, but like a point and shoot approach. That being said,I swapped the shock to a MRP Hazzard coil with the 137 travel and it completely changed the bike. No compromise with climbing, but descents are so much more fun, especially through choppy, quick hit sections. For all around NE riding, I would personally take the 130 over the 115. The way it rides feels like a shorter travel bike when you want it to, but can handle pretty burly trail duties. If I could pick a 2 bike quiver ,I'd take a 115 and 150, but for one do anything bike, I'd take the 130

Quote Originally Posted by rightcoast View Post
    I bought a sb130 back in June, coming off of a V3 Bronson.
    Being right between sizes, I dropped down to a Med Yeti from a Large SC, trying to keep wheelbase a bit shorter for tight switchback trails, and I'm glad I did. From my first demo ride i was super comfortable on the 29 wheels, not the clumsy feeling I was almost expecting. Climbs amazing, I'm routinely making climbs that I never did on my Bronson.
    It just feels quick everywhere. I am mid 40s, wheels pretty much stay on the ground, but like a point and shoot approach. That being said,I swapped the shock to a MRP Hazzard coil with the 137 travel and it completely changed the bike. No compromise with climbing, but descents are so much more fun, especially through choppy, quick hit sections. For all around NE riding, I would personally take the 130 over the 115. The way it rides feels like a shorter travel bike when you want it to, but can handle pretty burly trail duties. If I could pick a 2 bike quiver ,I'd take a 115 and 150, but for one do anything bike, I'd take the 130
    Thanks that's super helpful...

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by XtrPickels View Post
    I demo'd a lunch ride and felt that the rear end was fine for drops, but felt a bit stiff / harsh on repeated chunky hits. Could have been the set up with only ~3 rides on it.
    IMO Yetis ride harsher than similar travel bikes from other companies. The SB150 is def more harsh than a Megatower or Firebird. it's probably good if you're racing and want every bit of feedback, but I don't love it when I'm just trying to have fun and smash through rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by blackalps View Post
    IMO Yetis ride harsher than similar travel bikes from other companies. The SB150 is def more harsh than a Megatower or Firebird. it's probably good if you're racing and want every bit of feedback, but I don't love it when I'm just trying to have fun and smash through rocks.
    One person's harsh is another's poppy and playful. OTOH one person's plush is another's dead and soggy.

(insert shrug emoji here)
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Air pressure is a helluva thing.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Air pressure is a helluva thing.
    I ride low-ish air pressure with inserts and make sure it's exactly the same, or close to it, on all bikes I ride. I also check sag every ride. It's not an air pressure thing. Yetis have a lot more vibration and feedback than other similar bikes I've been on. Whether you like that or not is up to you, that's why I said "IMO." I've seen reviews that say the Firebird sticks to the ground too much, I've seen some that say it's poppy. I personally find SC's generally to be fun and poppy but bob too much climbing, and Yetis climb great but ride a bit more harsh than I personally like. Pivots, I think they climb well and descend really well, are not as "fun" as SC's, not as much feedback as Yeti's. If I was racing, I would pick a Yeti. If I rode mostly park and flow, I would pick an SC. Riding chunky rock as much as I usually do and being over 40, I picked the Firebird. I loved it, no regrets. sold it two years later for more than I paid for it. worked out for me. Other than the whole breaking my body into pieces thing.