Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: SNL

SNL

Does anyone watch?

I have it on now. This Souvenir shop skit is awful. I seem to find them less entertaining each week. Fuck they had months to come up with some good material.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Weekend Update still is pretty good. Other stuff is hit n miss.

Now I'm watching SNL vintage. 2000 Dana Carvey hosting. It's funny!

I haven't watched consistently in well over a year and haven't caught an episode since the pandemic but I just don't find it all that funny anymore. Not only that, but it has also gotten predictable and just isn't all that entertaining. Having to adhere to acceptable levels of political incorrectness is probably the main undoing but there is certainly more to the degradation of the show than just that. One thing to consider is the fact that the show has never been absolute hilarity; there are always good sketches and terrible ones, good cast members and terrible ones. Another thing is the talent of the cast: it is a travesty to compare Murphy, Belushi, and Farley to Kenan Thompson, Pete Davidson, and Colin Jost. Credit to the show for keeping on truckin though. It has got to be almost impossible to pull off a live comedy show with half-decent content week in and week out.
    swing your fucking sword.

Kyle Mooney cracks me the fuck up for some reason. The rest....meh.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I stopped watching SNL at least 25 years ago, probably more. Once Eddie Murphy left, it was over. In my experience, very few people still watch it except for low information voters who get their most of their 'news' from late night comedy programs.

Cheri Oteri......so underrated.

Chappelle is hosting next week, should be a good monologue at least.

Akroyd, Belushi, Murray, Radner, et al. Downhill since then. Eddie Murphy was great of course but couldn't carry the show by himself.

Rose-colored glasses are on sale today?

SNL

Burr episode was pretty damn good.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathRaven View Post
    I stopped watching SNL at least 25 years ago, probably more. Once Eddie Murphy left, it was over. In my experience, very few people still watch it except for low information voters who get their most of their 'news' from late night comedy programs.
    rosanna danna danna called said
    whatever
    polidipshit
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Needles View Post
    Burr episode was pretty damn good.
    Bill Burr is often pretty damn good.

SNL

It was a solid show

This performance by jack white may have been the highlight

I haven't been watching that consistently, but I thought the one with Burr was funny. The one about the Sam Adams pumpkin lager was hilarious. I'll probably watch the recent one with Mulaney to see what it was all about. It's funny to me that everyone hates on whatever the current cast is. The show goes in cycles and I think people just identify with whichever one they watched when they were younger.

Quote Originally Posted by AdventureJonny View Post
    The show goes in cycles and I think people just identify with whichever one they watched when they were younger.
    I am younger and I do not identify with this cast at all. They just aren't that accessible.

I watched a 1980 SNL with Steve Martin hosting. It was great. But still had the political views on Reagan which was funny based on current trump SNL

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Kate McKinnon is probably the funniest and more versatile cast member in decades.

kate mackinnon is as good as any; kenan thompson also good
    plenty of good performers in between the current crop & the old guard

you grumpy fucks need to lighten up a bit

i did find this listicle...not endorsing their order in any way...some folks i had no idea were even on the show...
    https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-l...y-quaid-94954/

I agree, McKinnon is pretty funny. I find Michael Che to be pretty hilarious. And I thought Bill Hader and Seth Meyers were both very funny.

Don't keep up with it nearly as much as I used to, but lately been having fun re-watching the first few seasons (from 1975+). Man, there's no denying those early years were LEGENDARY. The writing back then was pretty edgy and much of it certainly wouldn't fly today. SNL certainly had a decades long run that was pretty solid.

Here's a nifty list of the cast members over the years. Amazing how many of them ended up having massively successful careers. Also sad to think about all the ones we've lost as well.

I think it's great. People forget the clunker skits of the era they love but if you go back and watch a whole old episode from then they had just as many. It helps to record it so you can bail on the skits that are obviously not going anywhere.

I do wish they'd get rid of the "specialty stars" for the open (Baldwin doing Trump, Carrey doing Biden, Rudolph doing Harris) and just let the not ready for prime time players do those roles- they can handle it.

i completely forgot that Franken was on SNL. fucking legend.

so many funny skits- this one never gets old

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    i completely forgot that Franken was on SNL. fucking legend.
    saw him on Bill Maher yesterday though and he was not very coherent. not sure what was going on
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    Murphy, Belushi, and Farley to Kenan Thompson, Pete Davidson, and Colin Jost.
    You know that Murphy, Belushi and Farley were never on a show together, right?