Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    In addition to the usuals:
    2 emergency rescue blankets, orthodontic wax (in order to keep true to our dental roots), a couple ounces of hydrogen peroxide.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

A few squares of Acid. Seriously though, nothing like a few hits of acid to turn 4 dudes into dedicated soldiers while carrying/dragging a fellow party member 10 miles to the trail head.
    Just saying....

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    A few squares of Acid. Seriously though, nothing like a few hits of acid to turn 4 dudes into dedicated soldiers while carrying/dragging a fellow party member 10 miles to the trail head.
    Just saying....
    The patient gets a hit too, right?

Just saying....
    I don't know how I never considered such an essential piece of kit until now. Thank you, sire.
    swing your fucking sword.

seriuodsly drppin acid to get out of a rescue situ ... what kind ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Just saying....
    Where's Johnny? I don't man, I though you were keeping track. Did you guys see that? Woa, weird, lets go check it out. Wait, where's Johnny?

petzl e lite for when a short day turns into a long one or a you went out on a long day with a short day worth of battery in your headlamp

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    A candle stub, some steel wool, and a ~4 inch piece of aluminum ski pole slit up the side to use with hose clamps to repair a pole.

And ABC stuff in the 1st aid kit - a couple/three simple airways, compresses, cpr mask, nitrile gloves.
    In addition, I have added a SAM splint and tourniquet. A triangle bandage will work as well, but the speed, ease and efficiency of a combat tourniquet is well worth the money.

I also carry a lightweight guide's tarp that doubles as shelter or rescue tbog.
    I like huge dumps.

Toe nail clipper.

Glob stopper. That was a rough experience....

An extra set of AA and AAA batteries beside my extra set. I gave away a bunch. I hate it when people insist to pay for them. Coffee service in the hut is nice though.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    XXX and I were discussing some binding repair stuff in the sled thread and he mentioned keeping hose clamps for macgyvering--a piece of kit I never would have thought of adding to my pack. What is something(s) that you have started carrying in your pack that isn't all that intuitive? Ya know, some shit you added after thinking back on what could have made a suboptimal backcountry experience a bit better?

For example, I always keep a little nalgene vial of listerine to use as an antiseptic or, obviously, if i got the stank bref.
    Ok, late to the thread here. But, firstly...what experience led you to carry listerine in your pack? Secondly, aren't you like a 17yo from NC? What experience with touring do you have at all?

Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    An extra set of AA and AAA batteries beside my extra set. I gave away a bunch. I hate it when people insist to pay for them.
    I once gave a set of AAA to a giant fucking goober on top of Superior after he realized he didn't have any in his beacon. Dude was asking around and acted all annoyed when I handed him a set of the Kirkland brand. The 20 odd people that were on top gave him a look that was so mean he melted into a hole. I wish he had offered to pay for them...

In pack: TP. Hate freezing my ass wiping with snow and it makes a decent firestarter. Nothing else that hasn't been discussed on here but I'll +1 on multiple sizes of ziplocs and a piece of foam pad to use a isolation.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    TP. Hate freezing my ass wiping with snow and it makes a decent firestarter.
    Isn't that one a given? Maybe not for youngsters I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Ok, late to the thread here. But, firstly...what experience led you to carry listerine in your pack? Secondly, aren't you like a 17yo from NC? What experience with touring do you have at all?
    He will be attending MTSU, so skiing the Smoky Mountains, better have rock skis!

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ing-in-Bozeman

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Lol, so I am 19 and previously lived in NH and spent a few weeks each year in Breck growing up. Started touring my freshman year and lived in Jackson for a fall and winter in 2018. The listerine was an idea from one of my SAR squad mates. Idk where he got it from but the idea is that it is as effective as anything as an antiseptic and gives you good breath if you need it.

Lol, so I am 19 and previously lived in NH and spent a few weeks each year in Breck growing up. Started touring my freshman year and lived in Jackson for a fall and winter in 2018. The listerine was an idea from one of my SAR squad mates. Idk where he got it from but the idea is that it is as effective as anything as an antiseptic and gives you good breath if you need it.
    Listerine and "good breath" are opposites for those of us familiar with the original. It was for grandparents whose house smelled like mothballs, lol. I'm sure the new options are better, but some of us will never let that crap near our mouths for fear of turning into our grandparents overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    Listerine and "good breath" are opposites for those of us familiar with the original. It was for grandparents whose house smelled like mothballs, lol. I'm sure the new options are better, but some of us will never let that crap near our mouths for fear of turning into our grandparents overnight.
    I knew a guy who drank it to get drunk. Wonder how he is doing.

shit in your touring pack that you added based on experience

I knew a guy who drank it to get drunk. Wonder how he is doing.
    My guess is not good. wtf that’s more expensive than legit booze.
    But I forget you are a teenager and can’t legally buy bc you have OF interests and fit right in with the grumpy old men here. NTTAWWT

I’ll add a bathing suit for hot tub poaching apres
    Bikini for weight weenies
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    My guess is not good. wtf that’s more expensive than legit booze.
    But I forget you are a teenager and can’t legally buy bc you have OF interests and fit right in with the grumpy old men here. NTTAWWT

I’ll add a bathing suit for hot tub poaching apres
    Bikini for weight weenies
    oh, this was like a 40 year old man. i have no idea why he drank listerine either.
    g string work? i'm think a borat type in a nice neon green.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    ...and fit right in with the grumpy old men here. NTTAWWT
    so true, lol

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    so true, lol
    wait, how old are you OFs? aren't there some 20 somethings on here?

wait, how old are you OFs? aren't there some 20 somethings on here?
    PM Benny Profane.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Toe nail clipper.
    WTF?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    PM Benny Profane.
    i am old enough to know not to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    WTF?
    doubles as a roach clip

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    WTF?
    toe nail clippers are always a must for me on backpacking trips. a hangnail or slightly ingrown nail is a bitch and they take up no space. they are perfect snips, too.