Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    You could just cut your toenails at your desk like any other evolved human being.
    hopefully i will evolve soon
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    hopefully i will evolve soon
    it’s alright some people don’t hit puberty until their 20s

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    ask your wife if i've hit it yet

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    I was doing some indoor wall climbing years ago. (I'm not really a climber but have dabbled over the years)

He kept complaining that the used shoes he bought were too tight. He took them off to check them, and no shit had yellow toenails extending at least 3/4" past the end of his big toes, lol. I was like dude, here's a buck, go buy some cheap nail trimmers.

edit: whoops, didn't mean to quote mall walker on that

How did I forget to mention weed? I'm slipping.
    Last edited by 3PinGrin; 11-05-2020 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    I was doing some indoor wall climbing years ago. (I'm not really a climber but have dabbled over the years)

He kept complaining that the used shoes he bought were too tight. He took them off to check them, and no shit had yellow toenails extending at least 3/4" past the end of his big toes, lol. I was like dude, here's a buck, go buy some cheap nail trimmers.
    that is so foul

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    I wasn't calling you a youngster, only that youngsters hadn't yet wiped their ass with sagebrush leaves and scrub oak.
    Hmmmmm, scrub oak wiping. At least sage brush doubles as a deodorizer...

Headlamp is always a good idea. Glob stopper has been mentioned already and MUST live in the pack if there's a chance of moderate temps, it's a very painful lesson to learn when you forget it. I pair it with an old magnetic key card (slightly thicker than a credit card) for scraping ice building at the edge of skins or to clean bindings. I used to carry a spare pole basket and lost now, it hasn't been replaced since I I can make a semi-decent "basket" with sticks taped to the pole (tape lives in the pack for foot maintenance).
    I usually have 30 or so feet of tech cord in the pack, 3 mm stuff made by Maxim, weighs under 1/4 lb and can be used for anything, gear/pack repair, cornice cutting if you're into that kind of thing, even a quick a dirty hand line to go through spooky sections. It's tough, breaking strength is 1.5 kN, and it won't break the bank if it has to stay on a tree.

Specifically for spring days when it gets warm I carry a couple of salt tablets in my mini-med pack (which is basically just ibuprofens), they've saved my ass from cramping a few times on sweaty outing (adding salt to trailmix also works well for that). I also carry a super small water filter + bladder which Ms Boissal uses for backpacking if I plan on being out all day. Lighter and more packable than a stove. Sunscreen in a tiny container (I use contact lens holder) to reapply after long hours of baking.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

This thread:

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 4.27.11 PM.png
Views: 795
Size:  465.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    This thread:

Actually I like to keep biner on my pack to hold a nalgene for approaches and long ups. I don’t do camelbacks
    27° 18°

I'm always curious, when people talking about importance of having a glop stopper and their previous epics with glopping in spring/warm conditions, why they never hot-wax their skins BEFOREHAND at home/hut/camp? As it is easily foreseen situation and hot waxed skins just work days, OK - at least one full day of walking in the 99% of snow conditions.
    It's like waterproofing your goretex in the middle of a rain.
    Last edited by Va Ki Bo; 11-05-2020 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Va Ki Bo View Post
    I'm always curious, when people talking about importance of having a glop stopper and their previous epics with glopping in spring/warm conditions, why they never hot-wax their skins BEFOREHAND at home/hut/camp? As it is easily foreseen situation and hot waxed skins just work days, OK - at least one full day of walking in the 99% of snow conditions.
    sometimes it just be like that.
    27° 18°

Until you've had it happen you don't know how miserable it can be hot waxed skins or not.

A nub of soft wax for skis or skins live in the bottom of my pack.

Even if it's for others to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by m104da View Post
    extra pole basket - has come been put to use twice for buddies. pretty helpful especially if a long skin back to car
    I always carry one. We had a shitty guide on a cat one day and I was with a bunch of dudes I didn’t know that well...turns out good dudes but the kind that use the packs provided by the cat folks. Shitty guide was shitty and popped a basket on a run. Had a bit of an attitude melt down. I pulled him aside and said if he would cut the shit and have a good time with us, I’d give him the spare basket in my pack. He said thanks and apologized for having a bad day due to some personal stuff. The day totally turned around for all. All the other guests got me good and drunked up at the bar after the day to say thanks to me for turning things around.

I don’t burn the two extra ounces in my pack to make my day and my skins better. There’s plenty of little things in my pack to make others’ days a little better on the skin track. A little extra TP, some candy people can eat on the up, extra nug, batteries, whatever. I usually skin with competent people but everyone has a bad day or forgets something once in awhile. Their day can impact my day and I’m selfish with my days.

shit in your touring pack that you added based on experience

here at least it’s not always entirely foreseeable when you may need it, we have temperate winters and an unexpected break of sun can glop things up fast some days. it takes 90 seconds to put on, you can do this basically anywhere at any time, it can make your day not suck, and it weighs and costs next to nothing.

even when I hot wax my skins (occasionally I do) I’m not gonna replace the hot wax all 100+ days I’m skinning so... this lives in the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I always carry one. We had a shitty guide on a cat one day and I was with a bunch of dudes I didn’t know that well...turns out good dudes but the kind that use the packs provided by the cat folks. Shitty guide was shitty and popped a basket on a run. Had a bit of an attitude melt down. I pulled him aside and said if he would cut the shit and have a good time with us, I’d give him the spare basket in my pack. He said thanks and apologized for having a bad day due to some personal stuff. The day totally turned around for all. All the other guests got me good and drunked up at the bar after the day to say thanks to me for turning things around.
    powder basket for morale boost. noted.

powder basket for morale boost. noted.
    I'll give you a little veteran advice. Listerine and a powder basket are the last things you should be carrying.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I'll give you a little veteran advice. Listerine and a powder basket are the last things you should be carrying.
    dude's pack is going to be like 50 lbs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

manes, i actually travel kinda light. i just wanted to hear the ways of others.

manes, i actually travel kinda light. i just wanted to hear the ways of others.
    Pack a brain. I don't think that has been mentioned.

Pack a brain. I don't think that has been mentioned.
    mikeyb taught me that one

mikeyb taught me that one
    Well I know the man you speak of pretty well. So, I'd take half of it and get some proper edumacation to assist.

Well I know the man you speak of pretty well. So, I'd take half of it and get some proper edumacation to assist.
    make my words, i'm gonna get my grade ten

make my words, i'm gonna get my grade ten
    work hard and you can even be a senior

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Work hard and you can spell the English.

Holy shit, I think I've known Mike for as long as the poon this kid is trying to get. Oof.

17 is still legal in Colorado. You are missing out fastfred.

It was a reference but no one got it. All is well. I hain't never been no good in the ways of cipherin' anyhow.