Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

John Egan out at Sugarbush

Can't imagine who thought that would be a good idea, but it appears that Egan is no longer employed at Sugarbush. Ownership change, management change - whatever. Sugarbush is not the same without John...

https://www.change.org/p/sugarbush-c...e-at-sugarbush

meh...

There won't be any instruction in 20-21 anyway.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5AD6D506-FB81-495B-A0E6-FDCAE95F33B2.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	353.3 KB 
ID:	345776

Wow.... hanging w him last season after working with a mutual client. So much for Win Smith’s nonsense about maintaining the SB charm.

They have been looking for a VP of Operations at the Bush: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/v...ard_full-click

I would have thought may the new boss didn’t like him but that position is still open.

paging Vt Free to the pink polka dot phone
    ​I am not in your hurry

Too bad, nice down to earth guy the few times I have interacted with him. I'm sure paying a "chief recreation officer" probably doesn't look good to those reviewing the books at Ikon.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post

Wow.... hanging w him last season after working with a mutual client. So much for Win Smith’s nonsense about maintaining the SB charm.

That's Dan, not John

I had the pleasure of skiing with both of them in their XTeam clinics years ago.
    John defied gravity, you'd have to see it to understand

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post

Which one of you is Pio?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantmy2dollars View Post
    That's Dan, not John

I had the pleasure of skiing with both of them in their XTeam clinics years ago.
    John defied gravity, you'd have to see it to understand
    Whoops - hard to tell upside down & yes- I’d have to agree on his skills!

I think people are forgetting how much of Sugarbush success is due to Egan’s influence. He has been ambassador of stoke here since 70s.
    I speak from parent’s perspective and we were lucky to catch “golden” years. Having my kids grow up seeing how Egan and his crew ski, hike, etc in the mountains have been priceless. If new management does not value that spirit, sugarbush is on its way to becoming just another soulless resort.
    It is impossible to describe what skiing with John is like, but I highly recommend it for everyone’s bucket list.

Egan is an amazing skier and certainly had his time in the limelight, but he is lucky as fuck to have been paid to ski around for the mountain for over 4 decades. He can start collecting Soc Securitu in a year or two.

I mean, shit, Ross Powers has an Olympic gold medal and he was only on the payroll at Stratton for a few years.

Egan should go get his real estate license and make a fortune.

10 years is more than a few, good for him. Hope he is around for another 30.

Quote Originally Posted by eug View Post
    10 years is more than a few, good for him. Hope he is around for another 30.
    SMS is not Stratton Resort.

Yeah, these guys were the semi-shit in the 80s.

Now Dan runs steep camps a couple of times a year at the really mediocre Sky and as a part of that gets early tram ups to take his students to ski the Big Ditch towards the end of the camp.

Several have missed a turn or whatever and starfished down to the apron, much to the delight of the crowd of locals waiting for them to get done so the tram can open.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I used to babysit his little kid. They had a Chamonix poster framed in their house which influenced me to travel there and be the functioning ski bum that I am.
    Also bussed tables at Egan’s big world pub and grill but he didn’t have much to do with the business but they would come in frequently
    He had a very good run being a paid ski bum I’m sure he’ll be fine

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    skid luxury

while it was on 100? that rules. what a great place.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    Yes original location
    lived there for a bit in the hotel during college too- helped keep the grounds and shoveling in the wintertime for rent
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    Yes original location
    lived there for a bit in the hotel during college too- helped keep the grounds and shoveling in the wintertime for rent
    I went to the Big World pub a number of times when it had the hotel and even stayed there a couple of times in the "Cowboy Room". The ski stoke was palpable with a blackboard with the employee names and their number of ski days tallied up. Good beer selection and good food compared to the Blue Tooth (free soup!) or Gallagher's.

Who knows maybe I met Babybear back in the day?

not cool sugarbush

Sugarbush isn't cool. Less Otten killed that.

sugarbush..... it is what it is.

fact.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    So sad to drive by that place now. "For sale: fully renovated in 2007!"

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

yeah. i have nice memories from there. it’s been such a long time, and that swap was always weird with the other place (mad mountain tavern?).

it will probably be flattened and turned into condos sometime soon. walking distance to the mad and some mtb right there, no?

i skied with both egan bros a long time ago for one lap at north some shitty early season in the 90’s. it had to have been when they opened the summit chair and then had downloading... so a long time ago since i’m pretty sure north is abandoned now.

dan gave me a few power bars on the lift, it was definitely my first energy bar, and it was gross as fuck. he must have disliked them too because i had a pocket stuffed with them.

it was super nice of them both to ski with some dumb kid that ended up with them on the singles line.

peruvian’s idea is pretty good. real estate is about opening doors, and i bet a lot of people wouldn’t mind handing keys to john or shaking his hand after a deal.

he had a good run at the bush and seemed to take a real interest in those kids he taught, and just sharing knowledge in general.

poor decision by alterra.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Not necessarily Alterra. The new manager ran the ski school for a time. Maybe something personal.