Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    A bit like the people here who spray painted No Dog Shit all over on a trail.
    I guess he thinks you might not see where that clear trail is going?

Is it known who it is or would a game camera help in identification?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Kooks gonna kook.
    So annoying.
    I would also add the constant cairn building on extremely obvious paths. I know kids are just having fun on the top of a hill, so I leave those, but every 20 feet on a popular trail just off the road? At least they’re easy to knock down and spread the rocks. Paint? WTF?
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

We had a rogue painter on our trails in DSM. I believe it was tracked down to a small running group trying to highlight the roots for their night runs. The trail group has good outreach to the running groups and I think they got it stopped.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Yeah, idk. The area has become quite popular so a game cam would constantly record. We just cannot believe no one has seen him in action. It's in my hometown and I've built 90% of the trails, so I know most of the local riders, so by default "we" know all the locals and between all of us nobody knows who it is. He might be a trail runner is our thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    We had a dude do that in the Wasatch for a while to mark approach trails to various crags. Crags which were about 10 minutes from the road, in every guidebook, and had been visited by climbers for 20+ years. You could have found your way there drunk in the dark.
    There were a few rounds of scrubbing the paint just so it would reappear soon after. Then he decided to chip the name of the walls and arrows in big old blocks on the side of the trail. Those were flipped with great effort to hide the stuff. He eventually moved on to other idiotic pursuits.
    Kooks gonna kook.
    Marking the approach trails to climbing areas is good, otherwise you get multiple trails going to the same spot, which is destructive.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Marking the approach trails to climbing areas is good, otherwise you get multiple trails going to the same spot, which is destructive.
    Unless you're in LCC, you can see every buttress from the road, and the approach trails have been established in the 70s and walked by 100s of 1000s of climbers over the years. You can't get lost in that canyon. And the directions were added to the most popular and most road-side crags, not the obscure stuff.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

the clmbs

i started several years ago i'm a heavy guy at 275lbs so with the bike i'm around 310lbs going up the 1500 ft is not fun at all, not getting into electric since it will defeat the purpose.

Me! Running tubes in my fatbike. And having just my fatbike and needing my fs because all the snow is gone!

And all the snow is gone!

Quote Originally Posted by Cman831 View Post
    i started several years ago i'm a heavy guy at 275lbs so with the bike i'm around 310lbs going up the 1500 ft is not fun at all, not getting into electric since it will defeat the purpose.
    No, you will actually get in really good shape on a e mountain bike

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    No, you will actually get in really good shape on a e mountain bike

Agree. And if it makes you go more often and not "dread" the workout asskick of initial biking then it's a win.

Quote Originally Posted by Cman831 View Post
    I'm the first one to heckle ebikes, but they can be a gateway to fitness for people starting and out of shape, if used regularly and just as an assist, not as a shuttle. A guy I regularly ride with in his mid 50s rode one for the first year he restarted riding, then switched to a regular bike after he had enough stamina to do 3k days on his own. Then when he started working from home this year, he bumped things up to 2 rides a day (morning / evening), one each on ebike and regular bike. He's doing great, let alone for someone in his 50s.

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    I'm the first one to heckle ebikes, but they can be a gateway to fitness for people starting and out of shape, if used regularly and just as an assist, not as a shuttle. A guy I regularly ride with in his mid 50s rode one for the first year he restarted riding, then switched to a regular bike after he had enough stamina to do 3k days on his own. Then when he started working from home this year, he bumped things up to 2 rides a day (morning / evening), one each on ebike and regular bike. He's doing great, let alone for someone in his 50s.
    In his 50's. So fucking old. How the fuck does he even get out of bed in the morning.

Bwhahahah ^
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by panchosdad View Post
    In his 50's. So fucking old. How the fuck does he even get out of bed in the morning.
    Hahahaha. At 47, makes me feel like I'm knocking on heavens door!
    My biggest problems are a chronic inability to turn, and injuries.
    However many are in a shit ton.

How the fuck does one manual? People just be rolling down the trail on their back wheel like it ain't no thing..... And here I am getting my front tire 4" off the ground or looping out at speed and wrecking myself. There is no in between.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X505F using Tapatalk