Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Did someone really post fucking Strava times? GTFO

I can't do a proper table for the life of me. It is incredibly distressing.

Horses, but mainly the horse shit I have to scrub off tires.

My age and weight...

Shoulder surgery, no money to buy a decent full suspension, cost of maintenance, lack of wrenching skills.

Otherwise, new found live for this sport. Helps having a eagle drive train on a moderate weight hardtail. And disc brakes are like cheating.

Inability to send with reckless abandon because there is more to life than mountain biking. Even though I realize this it does frustrate sometimes.

Other peoples fucking dogs running out in front of me or standing on the trail while the owners try (or not try) to get them off the trail. "Oh, he's friendly, just go around him/her, they'll move off the trail" Which the dog usually doesn't do and I hate dogs mostly due to getting bit by one last year.

Sometimes looking for a lower gear and having to hike a bike. This just may be my out of shape self. Going to try 26t chainring vs my current 30t

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

All the trails that have decent vertical are too far away for the time I have to ride. I need to move back someplace closer to mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    Sometimes looking for a lower gear and having to hike a bike. This just may be my out of shape self. Going to try 26t chainring vs my current 30t
    They make 26t chainrings? that's tiny, you're gonna be spinning! I'd go with a 2x drivetrain or maybe an oval 30 or 28t ring.

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    They make 26t chainrings? that's tiny, you're gonna be spinning! I'd go with a 2x drivetrain or maybe an oval 30 or 28t ring.
    Yeah, just going from 30 to 28 is a big difference. That may be all you need.

I'd confirm that your chain will still clear the chainstay with a 26t.

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    They make 26t chainrings?
    That's what I was thinking...

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Yeah, just going from 30 to 28 is a big difference. That may be all you need.
    I agree with this.

I'm in the lacking ballz group and not sure I really care to do anything about it. Not riding drops or clearing doubles doesn't keep me up at night.

56 yo with an orthopedic file that takes a wheelbarrow to move around, been riding MTB since 1983 and used to race MX so I have decent bike handling skills. I've managed to stay in pretty good shape (zwift rocks BTW). I just hate getting fucking injured so I keep my wheels on the ground, pedal smooth and pick good lines.

However I don't like to get complacent, improvement is always available. So been trying to work on taking berms more aggressively, weighting front wheel more and I wouldn't mind learning to manual.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    I'm in the lacking ballz group and not sure I really care to do anything about it. Not riding drops or clearing doubles doesn't keep me up at night.

56 yo with an orthopedic file that takes a wheelbarrow to move around, been riding MTB since 1983 and used to race MX so I have decent bike handling skills. I've managed to stay in pretty good shape (zwift rocks BTW). I just hate getting fucking injured so I keep my wheels on the ground, pedal smooth and pick good lines.

However I don't like to get complacent, improvement is always available. So been trying to work on taking berms more aggressively, weighting front wheel more and I wouldn't mind learning to manual.
    I'm with you. I don't mind small drops with clean landings...especially with my Bronson. That thing sucks it up. But that weighting the front end on turns and in berms is and has been a learning curve. Its tricky for sure. We need to ride man.

I have a 26t paired with a 9-46 e*thirteen cassette. Paired with the 26 my 46 is a pretty good bailout. It is small most of the time but for long, sustained climbs works well. When this ring is done, though, I'll probably move to a 28t. The 26/46 doesn't generate enough speed to tackle the short punch climbs so I'm typically in the 39 cog in the rear. I think a 28t would work a bit better.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

26T works well with a 42T cassette. 28T with a 46, and 30T with a 50/51T.

Quote Originally Posted by SJG View Post
    26T works well with a 42T cassette. 28T with a 46, and 30T with a 50/51T.
    My friend who won the 24 hour world championships runs a 26/50. There's no reason you have to limit yourself to those pairings. It's personal preference.

So how about move to 10-52 cassette and 28t? Or keep 30t and get in better shape? Anybody run the ethirteen hive 9-50? Drop in for nx without hub change but shaves half a pound

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Being slower than I once was. Turns out the less you ride the less confidence you have.

Just the life stage we are in..
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    I'm with you. I don't mind small drops with clean landings...especially with my Bronson. That thing sucks it up. But that weighting the front end on turns and in berms is and has been a learning curve. Its tricky for sure. We need to ride man.
    yeah we do

Lack of time to ride.

please anything less than a 32 up front....................... get real

My biggest problem is always reaching for the one hitter at the top of climbs. God damn, even pack-less I always figure a way to carry.