Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Attachment 346366

Elizabeth Holmes. Dropped out of Stanford with the goal of becoming the Steve Jobs of healthcare. Raised $10 billion and had Henry Kissinger and General Mattis on her company board. Betsy Devos, the WalMart family, and Rupert Murdoch invested millions (amongst many others). Except the company was built on lies and deception.
    Was she ever on The Apprentice?

I like this picture of her better.... She's got the look....

Attachment 346366

Elizabeth Holmes. Dropped out of Stanford with the goal of becoming the Steve Jobs of healthcare. Raised $10 billion and had Henry Kissinger and General Mattis on her company board. Betsy Devos, the WalMart family, and Rupert Murdoch invested millions (amongst many others). Except the company was built on lies and deception.
    theranos i believe it was?
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    theranos i believe it was?
    Yes. and it was $900 million raised

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post
    ^^^^^
    Watched the doc on her and the whole time I was wondering how nobody could see the crazy lurking underneath

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Agreed. These were smart, sophisticated, and experienced people. I can understand an old dude being honeypotted outta some money from a charming and attractive younger person. But I don't find her attractive (which is subjective) nor do I sense any overwhelming charm that explains how she duped so many successful people for so long. She seems like a weird robot. She's now married to a younger man who is heir to a hotel fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    fucking bitch. turns out her daddy was VP at Enron so it runs in the family.

Agreed. These were smart, sophisticated, and experienced people. I can understand an old dude being honeypotted outta some money from a charming and attractive younger person. But I don't find her attractive (which is subjective)
    this is not subjective. she is unattractive.

right - which valued the company at $10 billion (I think my earlier post said it had $10 billion invested which was wrong)

General Mattis was on the board. How does a person with that level of military experience not see through this?

General Mattis was on the board. How does a person with that level of military experience not see through this?
    In Silcon Valley, there is a persistent drive for most people to be a part of the next big thing, the next disruptor, all in an effort to hit it big, financially. My guess is that Mattis and others were enamored by the hype, buzz, and money around Theranos to ride it out in the hopes that it hits big.

In Silcon Valley, there is a persistent drive for most people to be a part of the next big thing, the next disruptor, all in an effort to hit it big, financially. My guess is that Mattis and others were enamored by the hype, buzz, and money around Theranos to ride it out in the hopes that it hits big.
    I can understand from an investing standpoint - if you are hoping to put money into the next big thing before it's too late and you see how many high profile people are already in or are actually on the board I can see how you might skip doing your due diligence before investing.

But to actually be on the board of directors for years is hard to excuse not knowing that 1) this company founder is a weirdo 2) things are not adding up 3) and eventually this goes into fraud.

I can understand from an investing standpoint - if you are hoping to put money into the next big thing before it's too late and you see how many high profile people are already in or are actually on the board I can see how you might skip doing your due diligence before investing.

But to actually be on the board of directors for years is hard to excuse not knowing that 1) this company founder is a weirdo 2) things are not adding up 3) and eventually this goes into fraud.
    Usually, yes. But remember, Silicon Valley has come to idolize the weirdos and idiosyncratic. Just look at the deification of Steve Jobs or Elon Musk. There are a dozen more I can name, but I think you get the idea.

Usually, yes. But remember, Silicon Valley has come to idolize the weirdos and idiosyncratic. Just look at the deification of Steve Jobs or Elon Musk. There are a dozen more I can name, but I think you get the idea.
    Sure. I'm just confused about how Mattis falls for that. I suspect the military doesn't deify weirdos - especially weirdos that don't produce successful results other than funds invested into a house of cards.

Sure. I'm just confused about how Mattis falls for that. I suspect the military doesn't deify weirdos - especially weirdos that don't produce successful results other than funds invested into a house of cards.
    Apparently she is pursuing something like a not guilty by reason of insanity defense and used a fake deep voice for some reason. Sounds actually fucking psycho. Maybe she was that good a liar.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    Apparently she is pursuing something like a not guilty by reason of insanity defense and used a fake deep voice for some reason. Sounds actually fucking psycho. Maybe she was that good a liar.
    She adopted the deep voice when she started the company (according to the podcast about her) - yeah definitely crazy and definitely has the crazy eyes.

Watching her in the documentary I’m blown away by how so few people saw the crazy or misinterpreted it as genius. Some may counter with “yeah lots of geniuses are weird/crazy” and that’s true but you can’t in turn say “yeah lots of crazy people are geniuses”

That podcast was so excellent. Riveting.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    agreed - "I couldn't put it down" as they say

now watching the documentary - worth watching if you haven't

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0fb46096d62a1ea606c07aea5c974cec_XL.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	346409
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

More tired than crazy, but still some crazy in there

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B23A495B-F2EF-4DDF-9BE6-03F9DD9C5822_1_201_a.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	437.9 KB 
ID:	346415

Photo in Mader's Restaurant in Milwaukee

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    What's the title?

General Mattis was in the Cabinet. How does a person with that level of military experience not see through this?
    FIFY

Name:  sheikk.jpg
Views: 1104
Size:  48.9 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Crazy eyes, post em up

What's the title?

He was my favorite wrestler for some reason. http://cleatgeeks.com/blog/2017/02/1...animal-steele/