Baggy Bibs for Bigger Bodies

Curious if any bigger people here (+6ft, +230lbs) have fitted into the XXL versions of either of these bibs...

Flylow Baker Bib https://flylowgear.com/collections/mens-pants/products/baker-bib?variant=31758211711045#

TREW Trewth Bib. https://trewgear.com/collections/mens-snow-bibs/products/mens-trewth-bib?variant=15590952992803

Was the fit accurate?

Could you still move about in them?

Any gripes about construction? Useful pockets? Robustness?

I have no experience with the above bibs except for hearing positive feedback from owners of both bibs. I just acquired the OR Carbide Bib, and the fit is on the looser side with generous room in the mid and upper sections. No experience besides trying them on so far.

last spring i was around 235 @ 6'2 (new baby dadbod) and the xl flylow fit great. perfect amount of room for layering but not swimming in it. i have big legs and they had good room around the thighs too. Never once was i putting stress on the seams because they were too tight. even at that point i could almost fit in the large, so id definitely just do your true size, its not like black diamond or saga where you need to size up if you dont skip leg day.

Awesome information, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Trefin View Post
    last spring i was around 235 @ 6'2 (new baby dadbod) and the xl flylow fit great. perfect amount of room for layering but not swimming in it. i have big legs and they had good room around the thighs too. Never once was i putting stress on the seams because they were too tight. even at that point i could almost fit in the large, so id definitely just do your true size, its not like black diamond or saga where you need to size up if you dont skip leg day.

I own both bibs - Trewth and Baker.
    Definitely go Baker - they will definitely accommodate bigger legs and such. And they're super bombproof.
    While the Trewth bibs used to be baggier, they've trimmed them down with the recent versions. So I'd avoid these.

BBWM looking for BBFBB

Baggy Bibs for Bigger Bodies

6’2” and 240. XL Trewth bibs fit great. XXL would be too big. XLs fit right with a bit of ‘bag’.

I’d model them for you but that would cost you a pretty penny.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I also have both, Baker and Trewth. I'd say they are both good bibs, Flylow is a bit baggier. However, in terms of membrane, I'd stick with Derzimax on Trew. Flylow membrane worked bad for me, any powder day - and it's soaking. Not that I'm completely wet, but Trew works much better. In terms of durability, I'd say they are both good too. Flylow is heavier and probably almost indesctructable, but I also never had problems with Trew.

I am 6’ and 230 ish. Tried the baker in an XL and it was way too tight around the upper body. Legs fit good from a width standpoint, it was the short version of the XL and for me it was too short. I have the chemical pant in the regular 33” inseam and they work. Like everyone says they are solid construction.

6’ 3” 215lbs 36/38in waist and I don’t fit into the XL Baker bibs. Way to tight on my hips and ass. The XXL fit great, are great to ski and hike in.

The Dakine 3L bibs in XXL are huge. I had to roll up the cuffs, and even then they were too long. A few holes ripped in them cause they were so baggy they got caught on trees.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Baker is tighter up top, baggier from thighs down.

Trewth is the reverse.

Baker feels - to me - more constricted because of the overbuilt knees.