Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 53

Thread: Hummer EV

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    sandy, sl,ut
    Posts
    7,979

    Hummer EV

    1000hp electric monster holy shit. SUV and pickup. 0-60 three seconds. Around 75k. It's a crazy world we live in.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

    "I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wasatch Back: 7000'
    Posts
    10,383
    The Crab mode is pretty cool. So is the ground clearance. Fugly as Shiite though.
    “A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.”
    ― Milton Friedman

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    11,746
    The old one used to do 0-60 in less than 3 secs when dropped out the back of a C-130.

    I'm thinking of upping my carbon footprint and getting this. 0-60 in 3.5 secs.
    Minus the stripes tho.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021-dodge-durango-srt-hellcat-112-1593642351.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	345292
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    livin the dream
    Posts
    3,985
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    The old one used to do 0-60 in less than 3 secs when dropped out the back of a C-130.
    You mean 60-0


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    tree OH TREE!!!!!
    Posts
    3,617

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Your Mom's House
    Posts
    6,756
    5ft bed only
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    All ye punterz! Leave thine stupid heavy skis in the past, or at least in the resort category, for the age of lightweight pussy sticks is upon us! Behold! Keep up with the randocommandos on their carbon blades of shortness! Break thine tibias into spiral splinters with pintech extravagance!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Cackalacky
    Posts
    1,037
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    1000hp electric monster holy shit. SUV and pickup. 0-60 three seconds. Around 75k. It's a crazy world we live in.
    The one for 80k won't come out for at least another 4 years. The one's being released until then are all 100k+. The Edition 1 is like 115.
    In the room the women come and go
    Talking of Michelangelo

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Cackalacky
    Posts
    1,037
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    The old one used to do 0-60 in less than 3 secs when dropped out the back of a C-130.

    I'm thinking of upping my carbon footprint and getting this. 0-60 in 3.5 secs.
    Minus the stripes tho.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021-dodge-durango-srt-hellcat-112-1593642351.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	345292
    Thats the hemi, I assume? My friend has one and I've gotten to whip. fkna its a fun machine.
    In the room the women come and go
    Talking of Michelangelo

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    22,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    The old one used to do 0-60 in less than 3 secs when dropped out the back of a C-130.

    I'm thinking of upping my carbon footprint and getting this. 0-60 in 3.5 secs.
    Minus the stripes tho.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021-dodge-durango-srt-hellcat-112-1593642351.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	345292
    We've talked at length here about Dodge drivers, no?
    I still call it The Jake.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    11,746
    Yeah, but...

    that Hellcat that passed me the other day inspired me.

    The wife wants this, but she doesn't offroad...at least intentionally so I'm not sold.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	land-rover-defender-1594063064.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	345344

    So I'm like, wtf? May as well usher out the combustion engine era with a bang.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    22,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Yeah, but...

    that Hellcat that passed me the other day inspired me.

    The wife wants this, but she doesn't offroad...at least intentionally so I'm not sold.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	land-rover-defender-1594063064.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	345344

    So I'm like, wtf? May as well usher out the combustion engine era with a bang.
    My brother in law took delivery of his new Defender last month. So far everything is working.
    I still call it The Jake.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Cackalacky
    Posts
    1,037
    I gotta say, Land Rover has the best designers of any company out there. Their shapes are simply better and you see all these other brands knocking off the Sport and Discovery look.
    In the room the women come and go
    Talking of Michelangelo

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,844
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    My brother in law took delivery of his new Defender last month. So far everything is working.
    I'd check back in with him next month.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Mayonnaisium
    Posts
    7,959
    One of the video rags drove theirs less than 180 miles before the check engine light came on. LR flew an engineer over to get it fixed and couldn't in a week. Been in the shop for two weeks total so far.

    Agree their designs are typically nice. Falls into the forbidden fruit category for me.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    in a freezer in Italy
    Posts
    1,285
    Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    I gotta say, Land Rover has the best designers of any company out there. Their shapes are simply better and you see all these other brands knocking off the Sport and Discovery look.
    Looks a lot like a Honda Element to me.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeast New York
    Posts
    7,914
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Yeah, but...

    that Hellcat that passed me the other day inspired me.

    The wife wants this, but she doesn't offroad...at least intentionally so I'm not sold.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	land-rover-defender-1594063064.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	345344

    So I'm like, wtf? May as well usher out the combustion engine era with a bang.
    That Durango oughta get you in trouble in NJ, I know I'd have a hard time keeping my foot out of it. I was at DMV today and a guy in a Demon pulled out of the lot with the sheriff that was doing security standing right next to me and he lit it up. The sheriff cheered and said "Fuck, that's so much better than my silly RT AWD patrol car". I think I like that guy.

    Yeah that's a big part of why I'm getting the RR SC that Aldo is dialing in for me now, it will likely be the last big raunchy sounding motor I get before going silent (if it lasts long enough for me to afford an electric something or other).

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wasatch Back: 7000'
    Posts
    10,383
    I still don’t see anything out there that rivals a Cayenne Turbo, or GTS
    “A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.”
    ― Milton Friedman

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,698
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    My brother in law took delivery of his new Defender last month. So far everything is working.
    So it hasn’t rained yet?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    righthere/rightnow
    Posts
    2,402
    Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    I still don’t see anything out there that rivals a Cayenne Turbo, or GTS
    The F Pace SVR is not bad but the Porsche and Jaguar both feel sloppy compared to a Trackhawk.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,914

    Hummer EV

    Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    I still don’t see anything out there that rivals a Cayenne Turbo, or GTS
    My thoughts exactly. I’ve almost listed my 911 to get another Cayenne (additional). This time GTS. My favorite most usable car I’ve ever owned.
    Quote Originally Posted by mud View Post
    The F Pace SVR is not bad but the Porsche and Jaguar both feel sloppy compared to a Trackhawk.
    You’ve driven a Cayenne on active air suspension and with dynamic chassis control? ..hard to believe with your comment. But wow, if Jeep is in that category.

    On the hummer; good for ol U S of A but wouldn’t want to own it past warranty or when considering the depreciation off that 115k ask

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    11,746
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    That Durango oughta get you in trouble in NJ.

    Yeah that's a big part of why I'm getting the RR SC that Aldo is dialing in for me now, it will likely be the last big raunchy sounding motor I get before going silent (if it lasts long enough for me to afford an electric something or other).
    Yeah that will take some self control. When you get the new RR from Aldo post a picture
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    22,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    I'd check back in with him next month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    So it hasn’t rained yet?
    We may not have to wait that long.
    I still call it The Jake.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Your Mom's House
    Posts
    6,756
    Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    On the hummer; good for ol U S of A but wouldn’t want to own it past warranty
    Curious, why?
    EVs have far fewer parts than ICE vehicles and far less scheduled maintenance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    All ye punterz! Leave thine stupid heavy skis in the past, or at least in the resort category, for the age of lightweight pussy sticks is upon us! Behold! Keep up with the randocommandos on their carbon blades of shortness! Break thine tibias into spiral splinters with pintech extravagance!

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,134
    Who actually has had a modern car's engine blow up on them? Its a pretty small percentage.

    But EV's and ICE cars all have suspension bushings, tech wizardry, etc and that shit all fails eventually.
    Live Free or Die

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Your Mom's House
    Posts
    6,756
    Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Who actually has had a modern car's engine blow up on them? Its a pretty small percentage.
    Surprisingly I do know a couple people but you're right that it's an extremely small precentage.

    Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    But EV's and ICE cars all have suspension bushings, tech wizardry, etc and that shit all fails eventually.
    Fo sho. The thing I'm most concerned about failing long term in my Bolt is software.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    All ye punterz! Leave thine stupid heavy skis in the past, or at least in the resort category, for the age of lightweight pussy sticks is upon us! Behold! Keep up with the randocommandos on their carbon blades of shortness! Break thine tibias into spiral splinters with pintech extravagance!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •