Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hummer EV

I for one can’t wait till the street racers (read: hoards of Dodge owners and hip hop hangers on in rented Lambos) and weekend stunters around here get their hands on these.

I predict at least several will end up through the storefronts of some high dollar retail shops in short order with several ejected passengers. It’ll make a sick album cover though.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Curious, why?
    EVs have far fewer parts than ICE vehicles and far less scheduled maintenance.
    Those might be ok points to move toward EVs but color me skeptical that the cost of up keep and potential catastrophic repair on these will be less than an comparable V8 that has been honed by a manufacturer. For one I don’t know jack about how one would work on these themselves. Battery replacement and motor alone will tank the resale projection.
    I might not be bright but I’m not going to be the guinea pig on a first gen vehicle of this type that doesn’t need to be so powerful. This just strikes as a new penis enhancer for the silent majority voters.

I think Bmills is right, these will be in accidents left and right. The raw power will need to stop somehow.

What if it accidentally goes into crab crawl mode in the Walmart parking lot?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Those might be ok points to move toward EVs but color me skeptical that the cost of up keep and potential catastrophic repair on these will be less than an comparable V8 that has been honed by a manufacturer. For one I don’t know jack about how one would work on these themselves. Battery replacement and motor alone will tank the resale projection.
    I might not be bright but I’m not going to be the guinea pig on a first gen vehicle of this type that doesn’t need to be so powerful. This just strikes as a new penis enhancer for the silent majority voters.

I think Bmills is right, these will be in accidents left and right. The raw power will need to stop somehow.
    EVs as a segment have been around long enough that we can safely say that the maintenance costs are lower on the whole. And the OEMs generally give you a nice drivetrain warranty on them if you buy them new. If you really want to turn your own wrenches on it, I guess you can look forward to brakes and suspension work.

Having said that, this thing is fugly and expensive and impractical. I won't buy one. But if it steals sales from the other brodozers on the market and helps GM move toward a non-ICE future, I guess the planet will be better off.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Have two friends that lasted about a year with Tesla. Troubles and exclusive repair designations were a deal breaker. Interior quality lacking. They just didn’t like the ownership experience. Do know others putting along though.

While I know there are obvious exceptions, the typical EV buyer in my experience places driving about seventh on the list of important things to do when behind the wheel or when considering a new car.

Can it sync my iPhone is usually top of that list.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    While I know there are obvious exceptions, the typical EV buyer in my experience places driving about seventh on the list of important things to do when behind the wheel or when considering a new car.

Can it sync my iPhone is usually top of that list.
    Do you really think that the VAST majority of car buyers are any different?

If people actually cared about driving you'd still be able to buy cars with manual transmissions.

If people actually cared about driving you'd still be able to buy cars with manual transmissions.
    so steampunk - gotta feel connected

No, I don’t. They’re ALL morons. See my comment in the HURRICANE 2020 Thread today: Zeta knocked out everything here. Lights, internet, the works and yet every asshole behind the wheel is just blazing through intersections with the lights out at full speed, no 4 way stop, just keep staring at that phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    If you really want to turn your own wrenches on it, I guess you can look forward to brakes and suspension work.
    Thanks to regenerative braking most EVs go around 100k miles between brake jobs.

Have two friends that lasted about a year with Tesla. Troubles and exclusive repair designations were a deal breaker. Interior quality lacking. They just didn’t like the ownership experience. Do know others putting along though.
    Well, Tesla. Though, I do know at least three people with Model 3s that haven't had problems and absolutely love the cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Crab at Walmart?

First time for everything.

Crab at Walmart?

First time for everything.
    It's the chicken of the sea.

I'm certain there's crabs at Walmart.

While I say people will buy performance cars they’ll never max out. The current spec sheet race to highest HP and lowest 0-60 is baseless? Many of these manufacturers have a lot to learn then. So much easier to develop a hands free charger.

I’m sure there’s poindexter’s driving around EVs like grandmas but ludicrous mode and the Hummers 1K HP claim speak for its self.

#istillrowdoe

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    It's the chicken of the sea.

I'm certain there's crabs at Walmart.
    See? This is why I keep coming back here. News you can use.

Yea people crash sports cars too. I think the issue with EVs maintenance wise will availability of qualified service if something does break away from a major city.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Yea people crash sports cars too. I think the issue with EVs maintenance wise will availability of qualified service if something does break away from a major city.
    I’m talking; weight + horsepower + American engineering + shitty American drivers = hoo boy

Especially people who’ve never had access to that power before. Anyone else want to argue semantic on anything else JFC

I’m talking; weight + horsepower + American engineering + shitty American drivers = hoo boy

Especially people who’ve never had access to that power before. Anyone else want to argue semantic on anything else JFC
    That's the Dodge business model.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Can't you just call an electrician?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dodge-Hellcat-badge-logo-meaning-name-origin.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	953.9 KB 
ID:	345516

Shitty Italian-American engineering and manufacturing for Dodge. Please.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I dunno. I think if you stick to the basics like pushrod V-8's and rear wheel drive, the Americans do a pretty solid job.

If anyone has ever operated a telehandler with the selectable steering (front wheels only, rear wheels only, 4 wheel, and crab mode) that shit is confusing. You know in a normal vehicle when you take your hands off the wheel, the momentum of the car corrects the steering back to center. Crab mode doesn’t do that. You keep crabbin.

I expect quite a few slow speed accidents from crabbed hummers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

You don't need to drive a telehandler, just try to push around one of those big metal carts at Home Depot with a few pieces of sheetrock on them.

Sheetrock doesn’t move on the load.

10 bags of quickcrete, 4 timbers,8 rails, few dozen planks, box of nails, box of screws, sawzall blade, and a snickers bar.

None of that will be able to fit in the bed of this truck.