Question Salomon 747 Adjustment!?

Hey guys,

Seen a few posts on here about the 747s although none detail how you can actually adjust them. Picked them up this year on an ancient monoski I bought and they look super, but cant figure out for the life of me how you change the forward pressure. I've got some 28.5 boots, and they seem currently set too small. I'm pretty sure the indicator for forward pressure is a little screw on the back binding in line with a hashed section of the exterior (see pics 4&5). Is it to do with the notches on the base of the front binding? If you can't tell i'm a complete novice when it comes to touching bindings. I found a diagram for the racing versions which are slightly different. Picture speaks a thousand words so see below.

Also, any care and attention I should give these before I ride them? (lubrication etc.) I know the DIN might have to be set a little higher.

Cheers!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20201028_114435481.jpg 
Views:	305 
Size:	355.4 KB 
ID:	345234

Name:	PXL_20201028_114120663.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	237.3 KB 
ID:	345233
    Name:  PXL_20201028_114137975.jpg
Views: 1553
Size:  158.9 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20201028_114537683.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	237.4 KB 
ID:	345236Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20201028_114406249.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	194.0 KB 
ID:	345237Click image for larger version. 

Name:	747_manuel.JPG 
Views:	166 
Size:	162.7 KB 
ID:	345238

check pm
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

I have some of these lying around if anyone wants them, free + shipping.

Salomon 747 Adjustment!?

Demo track. Screw driver tab adjustable. Throw them away and put some other binders on there. I’m a yudge fan of older sally binders but would not even think of skiing these. They are plastic and look to show signs of uv degradation.
    Last edited by 2FUNKY; 10-28-2020 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    I’m a yudge fan of older binders but would not even think of skiing these. They are plastic and look to show sines of uv degradation.
    x2

Those things are just waiting to explode.. I would look for something metal if you want to keep the old Sally feel on the mono. I have some 14 din 957s on mine that are metal and I feel very confident in them.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Those things are just waiting to explode..
    Wasn't expecting to hear that! what should I be looking for that wouldn't require any major changes to the mono? I've heard these have a different screw pattern to modern bindings. Any recommendations at all? Metal sounds like a good shout (preferably something cheapish too)!

Sorry just like I said, pretty novice when it comes to bindings.

You are talking about 35 year old plastic that has been repeatedly exposed to extreme weather conditions and stress. Think about that for a minute.

There are some old bindings that I still ski a few days a year and I trust, but this definitely wouldn't be one of them.

Here is everything you ever wanted to know about old Salomon bindings and so much more..

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...wanted-to-know

Best of luck, let us know what you end up with.

And mount your own fkn monoski!

Attachment 230466

You are talking about 35 year old plastic that has been repeatedly exposed to extreme weather conditions and stress. Think about that for a minute.

There are some old bindings that I still ski a few days a year and I trust, but this definitely wouldn't be one of them.

Here is everything you ever wanted to know about old Salomon bindings and so much more..

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...wanted-to-know

Best of luck, let us know what you end up with.

And mount your own fkn monoski!

When you put it like that... okay hahaha

thanks for the thread too, looks very useful. haven't ridden this Mono yet but I'm planning on driving it to the Alps for a couple of weeks, pictures will definitely be shared. Couldn't resist picking it up since it's got such a lovely shape.

Don't worry, I'll mount them myself

Cheers!

Name:  PXL_20201022_173831891.jpg
Views: 610
Size:  95.9 KB

Sweet board, now mount some worthy binders on that bad chicken.

Those things are just waiting to explode.. I would look for something metal if you want to keep the old Sally feel on the mono. I have some 14 din 957s on mine that are metal and I feel very confident in them.
    Hey OP, if you want to see the 747 heel explode just for fun, try setting the heel DIN to max, and then just snap your empty boot in and out of the binding for 4-5 cycles and see if the heel explodes as you depress the heel release lever, hahaha.

If you want old Sally bindings from USA, you could ask user="Power_Sauce" for his free pair of 957 DIN=14 at https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...arts-free-957s

957 is the oldest Sally binding model that I personally trust (and only trust the 957 models with DIN=14 or higher---As recently as last week, I exploded a 957 DIN=12 heel during a workbench test).

Name:	heelExplode.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	345469
    - TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Quote Originally Posted by original nutta View Post
    Wasn't expecting to hear that! what should I be looking for that wouldn't require any major changes to the mono? I've heard these have a different screw pattern to modern bindings. Any recommendations at all? Metal sounds like a good shout (preferably something cheapish too)!

Sorry just like I said, pretty novice when it comes to bindings.
    pick up some 997 or 957 for $25 and slap em on. That binding is fucking OLD and was never really good when it was new.