Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    this ^^ back when incandescent light bulbs were a thing i would use a light bulb to heat shit up
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Yeah, you can make a hot box with them

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    Remove heel track and take your top and bottom repair plates w/ clamps and dry press the ski together to make sure everything will press back together cleanly(looks like your sidewall may be slightly deformed. Trim what you need to away.
    You'll need said clamps, repair plates, heat gun, plastic/wax paper, gflex, probably acetone, oyster knife and a way to stand ski on edge w/ repair facing up.
    Place ski and heat up areato be repaired slowly. Mix epoxy and then reheat zone. Use oyster knife inserted into delam to 'open' it up. Scoop up some epoxy as per gregorys up there^^. Twist knife and put epoxy into delam. The heated up ski draw epoxy into delam. Open and close delam w/ oyster knife. This will work epoxy all the way into delam. Then use repair plates to clamp repair aplastic between ski and plates. Wipe excess off. Let ski cure with the edge facing up( I use a space heater directed @ repair till next day).
    Great step by step, @tuco. I think I got it.

One Q: What's the best way to apply the acetone? Just pour in, drip out? A few times? I want to prep the interior the best I can.

Acetone is the solvent for epoxy. No, don't do that. You're just going to have to use oyster knife to open and use solvent on a rag and just blot it out the best you can. If you can open it enough, after wiping you can quickly flame treat(Splats right and it definitely can't hurt). I'd back mask some alum foil around it though so you don't flame the whole area. You'll have no luck w/ elasto tape)

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    Acetone is the solvent for epoxy. No, don't do that. You're just going to have to use oyster knife to open and use solvent on a rag and just blot it out the best you can. If you can open it enough, after wiping you can quickly flame treat(Splats right and it definitely can't hurt). I'd back mask some alum foil around it though so you don't flame the whole area. You'll have no luck w/ elasto tape)
    I usually plan for worst case: what if it doesn't really open up (maybe that's not such a bad case, actually) for me to get any sort of rag in there? Is there a wax solvent/prep cleaner that's safe to shoot or drip in? Way out of my knowledge zone here.

you put the rag on a knife and slide it in best you can

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    you put the rag on a knife and slide it in best you can
    got it. a little slow in the brain on this one.