tubeless and disc

I'm new this year to tubeless and disc and have only recently discovered what a pain in the ass both can be. I'm spending 3X more time screwing with dragging brake pads, switching tires to new wheels than I would with cantis and tubes. There's no doubt that having discs is worth it for safety, rain, performance. I'm not sold on tubeless yet although I fully appreciate being able to confidently run 25psi on my gravel bike.

Take it to the rant thread?
    Stop kicking your rotors and bending them?
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

We got a rank thread?

I'm not supposed to hit the rotors with a hammer?

Cleaning dried Stan's off of the inside of tires is a special treat.

I don't even bother cleaning them, just keep adding more. Eventually the tires wear out and I replace them.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    We got a rank thread?

We OBVIOUSLY have a rant thread.
    No hammer to the rotors. Or wife shoving her bike against yours and bending the rotors in the process (I hear you about pad rub, it makes me see red and I'm dealing with it all the damn time).
    Gravitylover has it read. That dessicated rubber skin stays in the tire and hopefully adds a tiny bit of resistance to it.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Just like anything new, at first you suck at it but then it gets better. Both are worth it.

I had to change a tube in my wife's tire recently and really cocked it up from lack of practice.

Did someone set my clock back to 2002?

<snip> gravel bike.

We got a rank thread?

why would you clean stans off your tires?

This reminds me of how pissed I was when they gave me antibiotics for an infection got an upset stomach. Fucking antibiotics!
    However many are in a shit ton.

I'm new this year to tubeless and disc and have only recently discovered what a pain in the ass both can be. I'm spending 3X more time screwing with dragging brake pads, switching tires to new wheels than I would with cantis and tubes. There's no doubt that having discs is worth it for safety, rain, performance. I'm not sold on tubeless yet although I fully appreciate being able to confidently run 25psi on my gravel bike.
    Are they cable or hydraulic discs? That said I did it for a summer/fall in 2015, went through 3 sets of tyres (Compass/WTB and Specialized) on two wheelsets. One setup by my LBS, the other two I did myself. All flatted at some point (WTB was the worst) even with dynaplugs and box of CO2. When I blew Stans all over the fucking kitchen I said fuck it and went back to tubes.

Quote Originally Posted by ####### View Post
    When I blew Stans all over the fucking kitchen I said fuck it and went back to tubes.
    You work on your bike on the kitchen, wtf man?!

I know I'm a noob to this but I gotta side with OP on this one, disc brakes fucking suck shit, I tried to change the brake pads and ended up getting brake goop all over my white velour dinner jacket

Ultegra hydro. Finally sorted out the rubbing rear this AM. New rear wheel had to be re-dished to fit the frame (SuperX) and I think it's off by a half a millimeter to the inboard because I struggled to get the caliper to move over far enough to stop the rub.

Been running riddlers (gravel) and they suck balls for flat protection. Front wheel is pretty stable for the past few months but running a tube in the rear due to a very minor sidewall punc that wouldn't seal with Stan's and wouldn't even take a patch on the inside. It's tiny and is no compromise to the integrity of the tire. maybe I'll try to throw a plug in it instead or simply suck it up and pay another $50 for something better.

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    I know I'm a noob to this but I gotta side with OP on this one, disc brakes fucking suck shit, I tried to change the brake pads and ended up getting brake goop all over my white velour dinner jacket
    You almost had me there.

Ultegra hydro. Finally sorted out the rubbing rear this AM. New rear wheel had to be re-dished to fit the frame (SuperX) and I think it's off by a half a millimeter to the inboard because I struggled to get the caliper to move over far enough to stop the rub.

Been running riddlers (gravel) and they suck balls for flat protection. Front wheel is pretty stable for the past few months but running a tube in the rear due to a very minor sidewall punc that wouldn't seal with Stan's and wouldn't even take a patch on the inside. It's tiny and is no compromise to the integrity of the tire. maybe I'll try to throw a plug in it instead or simply suck it up and pay another $50 for something better.
    Riddlers are shitty tires. I hated mine, they were slow and bubbled after less than 1000 miles. Heck they only have 3/5 starts on the WTB site reviews! Ditch them and try some Resolutes or Ventures if on rough roads/trails or Byways if on more pavement or buffed dirt. Glad to hear the brake issue was found to be a hub/wheel issues.

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    White velour is a bold choice for dinner.

Brake goop though? And Stan's blowing all over the kitchen?
    You guys are taking this bike maintenance thing into R-rated territory.

I was just pulling OPs leg. brake and tubeless setup/maintenance are some of the few things I have found quite nice and easy

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Riddlers are shitty tires. I hated mine, they were slow and bubbled after less than 1000 miles. Heck they only have 3/5 starts on the WTB site reviews! Ditch them and try some Resolutes or Ventures if on rough roads/trails or Byways if on more pavement or buffed dirt. Glad to hear the brake issue was found to be a hub/wheel issues.
    This is the content I'm here for. Thanks mang.

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    You work on your bike on the kitchen, wtf man?!
    It was late November and I like to stay close to the beer and I keep my GTB drive train clean AF so yeah I do maintenance in my kitchen. MTB never comes inside.

Also WTB Riddler's are probably thee worstested fucking tire I ever owned. Put maybe 100 miles on them with four flats and gave them to a friend with a warning that they suck balls unless you're racing cross and have a spare bike and mechanic in the pits