TRP slate T4 vs SLX or XT?

I have a set of new take off Slate T4s and am trying to determine which bike to put them on. Currently I have:

Hightower v1 with M985s
    Trek Stache with M7000
    Kona Wo with Deore

If the T4s are better than either the XT or SLX, I'd prefer to push those down to the Wo.

Anybody have any experience?

Seth

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

I've had them for a bit. No most powerful, but easy to bleed, consistent, very good modulation, I also liked the levers. I had them with organic pads.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Robik View Post
    I've had them for a bit. No most powerful, but easy to bleed, consistent, very good modulation, I also liked the levers. I had them with organic pads.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Thanks! Any comparison to the Shimano options?

Instead of XT 4-pistons, get the Zee 4-piston brakes. They're way more consistent, at least IMO.

Alright, so I currently have the following brake sets:

M785
    M7000
    TRP Slate T4

If anybody has ridden some or all off these, how would you compare their stopping power?

Personally I found the Shimano single piston brakes to have more power than the 4 pot TRP's, TRP's had better modulation but that isnt saying much to Shimano's... again just my opinion. I have heard that swapping out pads can help with power but I never bothered trying anything other than the metallic that came with the set I have.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    Personally I found the Shimano single piston brakes to have more power than the 4 pot TRP's, TRP's had better modulation but that isnt saying much to Shimano's... again just my opinion. I have heard that swapping out pads can help with power but I never bothered trying anything other than the metallic that came with the set I have.
    Thanks! That's exactly the info I was looking for.

My 2021 - 4 pot slx brakes are the most powerful brakes I have ever used. At 250 lbs they make a huge difference on the speed I can attain safely.

Quote Originally Posted by sethschmautz View Post
    Alright, so I currently have the following brake sets:

M785
    M7000
    TRP Slate T4

If anybody has ridden some or all off these, how would you compare their stopping power?
    I have never ridden any TRP brake, so no idea there.

I have a long standing preference for Shimano over SRAM/Avid hydraulics. I've spent a lot of time on the SLX 675 and XT 785 (identical power), currently have two bikes with SLX 675, one with SLX 7000, one with Zee (4-piston). The Zee is stronger than any of the other ones.

I think the SLX 7000 is not quite as consistent in feel or as powerful as the older SLX 675. I'd prefer the older 675/ 785/ and similar over the 7000.

I have not ridden any of the new ones with the handlebar clamp moved over to the middle of the master cylinder, so can't compare those.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.