Page 40 of 170 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 4250
    Tom and Kevin ski-off!

From the top of K12!

Quote Originally Posted by TheK12 View Post
    ^^^when you see greatness, you just sit back and enjoy the awe...

How bad has traffic been getting up BCC? Taking the nephews to solitude tomorrow. What time should we be in the canyon?
    8:30 or earlier
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	894ECFDD-2C8B-46ED-9DAC-9D0C321C919D.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	362.4 KB 
ID:	355518Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F879B401-7340-46C0-B1B7-7945C79B692F.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	355.9 KB 
ID:	355519
    This can’t be good.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post

Name:	894ECFDD-2C8B-46ED-9DAC-9D0C321C919D.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	362.4 KB 
ID:	355518Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F879B401-7340-46C0-B1B7-7945C79B692F.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	355.9 KB 
ID:	355519
    This can’t be good.
    ha! beautiful pics!

just what this snowpack needed, a healthy dose of buried surface hoar. the wasatch is shaping up to be a nice layer cake of facets, crusts, and other buried weak layers.

WASATCH STOKE, CONDITIONS, OBSERVATIONS and ASSORTED DRIVAL 20-21

I’ve been in the snowbird lot at 6:30 the past 12 days due to the kids ski racing camp. The sheer volume of our of state plates makes me very sad (California is most represented). If they could just stop being dick heads to the parking guys it would go a lot better....

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by westoxified View Post
    Spectacular trolling?
    Definitely not. That was from last year’s 50 hour Interlodge. Both dudes were in the GMD. Evan made a dub-over of hitlers rant in Inglorious Bastards about it. Lemme see if I can find it...

Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    Definitely not. That was from last year’s 50 hour Interlodge. Both dudes were in the GMD. Evan made a dub-over of hitlers rant in Inglorious Bastards about it. Lemme see if I can find it...
    I remember hearing that he bitched and moaned to the saloon gals over a few ptichers... which would make sense based on the the screenshots. Dude will be a legend in LCC forever, but maybe not for the reasons he thinks he is.

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    I’ve been in the snowbird lot at 6:30 the past 12 days due to the kids ski racing camp. The sheer volume of our of state plates makes me very sad (California is most represented). If they could just stop being dick heads to the parking guys it would go a lot better....
    Noticed similar at Alta today, lots of out of state plates and LA/SF bro types. It was weird, short lines in morning while Sugarloaf was packed to the max.

^ Because they cant ski moguls, haha.

Made the walk up to Broads Fork, hoping Bonkers was going to be good. It wasnt. It was a long bushwack, to really bad wind hammered snow, to flat bushy snow, to rocky snow, to brushy snow, to carry your skis out adventure snow. Lessons learned, snow is in need. The top of bonkers actually slid a ways from the cliff band looks left. I would think BCC needs like 4 feet of snow before I head back up there. The day was beautiful though and laughs were had.

Name:	PXL_20201230_190823875.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	109.2 KB 
ID:	355647
    You took too much man, too much, too much

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    I remember hearing that he bitched and moaned to the saloon gals over a few ptichers... which would make sense based on the the screenshots. Dude will be a legend in LCC forever, but maybe not for the reasons he thinks he is.
    Yup I was right there at the Saloon last year and listening to the dude in person was half miserable and half hilarious. Unfortunately the guy was totally serious and not a troll...I wish he was.

Definitely not. That was from last year’s 50 hour inner lodge. Both dudes were in the GMD. Evan made a dub-over of hitlers rant in Inglorious Bastards about it. Lemme see if I can find it...
    fify

Quote Originally Posted by Trefin View Post
    Noticed similar at Alta today, lots of out of state plates and LA/SF bro types. It was weird, short lines in morning while Sugarloaf was packed to the max.
    Second this, had to be visitors, why would anyone stand in a long line at Supreme when Collins was substantially shorter? For whatever reason I am seeing very few IKON passes worn as a badge of honor and the line for buying day tickets was down the stairs out past the skis racks and half way to the GMD.

Could be because of blackout dates

I rip the groomed on tele gear

COVID, 30 minute lift lines, full parking lots, 20-30” base, dangerous backcountry conditions, 50-60% of normal snowpack...Let’s hope for better things to come in 2021. Happy New Year maggots.

Name:	429945CE-AC02-4F21-867D-B82EF100889B.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	360.8 KB 
ID:	355664
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    As we wait for 2020 to end so the storm door can finally reopen, enjoy these screenshots that Evan Thayer put on twitter from an exchange with our 2nd favorite Alta skier (behind Kevin of course):

Attachment 355310Attachment 355311Attachment 355312Attachment 355313
    The curse of New Jersey shredder Tom "Da Squid" Calamari is still in full effect it seems. Greatest skier to ever grace LCC though.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    COVID, 30 minute lift lines, full parking lots, 20-30” base, dangerous backcountry conditions, 50-60% of normal snowpack...Let’s hope for better things to come in 2021. Happy New Year maggots.

Name:	429945CE-AC02-4F21-867D-B82EF100889B.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	360.8 KB 
ID:	355664
    You been on the hill at PCMR at all this week? The wife and I have reservations for tomorrow, guessing its a bit of a shitshow?

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    You been on the hill at PCMR at all this week? The wife and I have reservations for tomorrow, guessing its a bit of a shitshow?
    I was out earlier this week. Crowding was bad but not as bad as a "normal" XMas week.

The shitty terrain and lack of snow was the worst I've seen on 12/31.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I'm blacked out, but a buddy told me that on Tuesday there were well over 1000 people crowding the small space where Frostwood and Silverload converge.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Skinned up this morning (which was fun), took a few laps when the lifts started spinning but the lines were stacked and I left (still fun, because skiing, but not fun enough to keep me there). When I left I couldn’t believe the line of cars coming in. Drove by again about 30mins ago and seems to be settling down - I probably just hit the morning crowd skiing before the NYE drinks start flowing.

Question

Is KTS the GSA?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulC08 View Post
    Skinned up this morning (which was fun), took a few laps when the lifts started spinning but the lines were stacked and I left (still fun, because skiing, but not fun enough to keep me there). When I left I couldn’t believe the line of cars coming in. Drove by again about 30mins ago and seems to be settling down - I probably just hit the morning crowd skiing before the NYE drinks start flowing.

Alright thanks. Hoping to get an earlyish start tomorrow am while most folks are still sleeping off their hangover. Expectations are low, just want to rip some groomers with the wife.

Thought I'd share a New Year's tale from 2008?

Sitting down to a shot and dinner with the better half and the Cantin's at their place at the Inn.
    Kids were all over the globe.
    Had the radio on 'cause it was storming.
    Call comes in from Villa.
    "Just got hit, moved, and buried by a slide in Mineral".
    He's in a snowcat.
    Fuck, eh?
    Looked at my boots, looked at the shot, took the shot, put on my boots, and said good night.
    Start of a wild night.
    Shoulda stolen that bottle...

Happy New Year, all.
    Let's hope 2021 is built for us optimists.

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    Thought I'd share a New Year's tale from 2008?

Sitting down to a shot and dinner with the better half and the Cantin's at their place at the Inn.
    Kids were all over the globe.
    Had the radio on 'cause it was storming.
    Call comes in from Villa.
    "Just got hit, moved, and buried by a slide in Mineral".
    He's in a snowcat.
    Fuck, eh?
    Looked at my boots, looked at the shot, took the shot, put on my boots, and said good night.
    Start of a wild night.
    Shoulda stolen that bottle...

Happy New Year, all.
    Matt?
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    I'll keep my job, my money and my guns and you can keep the change.
    From my cold dead hands.

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    2020 either built or destroyed your character. As an optimist 2021 cant get here soon enough.

Obs from 7AM start up grizz. Lotsa people going slow in the skinner. Patsy trees are well skied and skied well. Crossed michigan angling for Davenports cabinline got whumphs and shooting cracks through solar crusts on SW aspects in thin snow so bailed and got a decent one down city rocks. Good first real tour of the season.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Went up White Pine to Tri Chutes and had a much different result than yesterday. Made 6 laps up there, the WSW face to lookers left of the Chutes was firing, fresh soft turns down the whole thing. As evidenced in the pictures.

Stoke Level 11
    Name:  PXL_20201231_204158592.MP.jpg
Views: 2216
Size:  91.8 KB

I like squiggly line art
    Name:  PXL_20201231_213253107.jpg
Views: 2195
Size:  65.5 KB

Again? okay!
    Name:  PXL_20201231_213244012.MP.jpg
Views: 2203
Size:  116.7 KB