Page 27 of 170 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    I was a Solitude passholder for a long time. I’ve skied Moonbeam and Apex for weeks into several seasons, I was neither livid nor angry. I was happy to be skiing. Going through life angry at everything that doesn’t go your way isn’t a key to a long happy life.
    ^^

oldskibum, you answered your own question. the laissez faire terrain policy allows the young and the dumb (and the wise summertime scouters) to try to get those facets to sinter a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    I was a Solitude passholder for a long time. I’ve skied Moonbeam and Apex for weeks into several seasons, I was neither livid nor angry. I was happy to be skiing. Going through life angry at everything that doesn’t go your way isn’t a key to a long happy life.

And I have skied Solitude too. What in the world does having skied Solitide or been a pass holder have ANYTHING to do with my brief post regarding THIS YEAR??? Learn some reading comprehension... And I love Moonbeam and Apex too, but not when only 4 green trails are open.

Quote Originally Posted by DLD in UT View Post
    . We just hit mid December; all this rage against Solitude is stupid.

Who said I have rage against Solitude? I said those who only ski Solitude must be livid at only having access to 4 green runs. And I do ski somewhere else thank you very much. I have passes to Alta, Snowbird, and Solitude. I skied 2 powder days at Alta just in the last 2 days alone. So yeah I'm good. I was making an observation for the Solitude folk. You people sure get triggered very easily.

Quote Originally Posted by DLD in UT View Post
    Feel free to ski somewhere else, I won't mind.

Oh good now I can sleep at night.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    I thought you skied LCC 150 days a year? So don't you already have it figured out? Why do you care about Solitude?
    working!

I don't. I was making a comment about those who only ski Solitude. How is everyone's reading comprehension so horrible??? You all take the Tanner Hall path in life?

calm down Kevin

he signed a waiver!!

Pro tip: if you're gonna try to ski this zone right now stay near the skin track. Went elsewhere and ended up having to hike down most of the way to the road due to all the brush/logs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201215_154225.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	421.2 KB 
ID:	353164

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    calm down Kevin
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by oldskibum View Post
    A few of us are speculating about Snowbird's aggressive early terrain opening this season. This is NOT a complaint! We've never seen terrain open so quickly with a relatively minimal snowpack. It's definitely rock ski conditions to access many lines, but the skiing has been SO good. Rat's Nest into Great Scott has been open for a week [steep dirt entry], and yesterday they even opened sharkey upper Scott off the ridge, and the bony Cirque Traverse offers cautious access to great mid cirque shots.
    On Sunday afternoon when it started to really dump I ended up in some zones that had me questioning whether I had accidentally ducked a rope. I was super surprised by how much is open given how rocky it is, and the new snow suckered me in to some really terrible skiing more than once. Also not complaining, where it's good it is good...

If people want to ski rocks let them. Personally I never even consider the Cirque traverse until about a 65" base. That is generally what it takes to get traverse coverage and even then you are dodging rocks. If people want to destroy their skis in order to ski off trail a couple weeks early then let them.

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    calm down Kevin
    Kevin is your Dad's name Francis?

(Yes that's a Stripes reference)

Exactly. For a minute there I thought that we just had to endure your unwarranted aggressiveness toward the board. At least, now I get a peek at inside your mind. ...JONG
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Oldskibum you have a short memory.
    9 - 25 years ago I was opening and closing terrain at the bird with a motto of:
    Moguls from the dirt up.
    Nice when one isn't nervous about in area deep slab.
    A lot easier to reopen terrain when one is mostly dealing in new snow instability;
    dishin' it up.
    When I got run out, terrain openings got conservative again.
    With Mongo now gone the boys are getting their feet under them again.
    How I trained them all years ago is paying you all dividends.
    Just not your skis.
    When I started on that aggressive program many said we were gonna see an increase in head injuries.
    The public proved worthy of our trust to not kill themselves in those years.
    Hope that behavior in low tide conditions continues at the Bird,
    we'll see what a 10 year hiatus has changed...
    Jimmy
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Hwy 162 FTW. Ripped little bear

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Name:  4qmrb9.jpg
Views: 823
Size:  94.7 KB

The answer is yesterday.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

WASATCH STOKE, CONDITIONS, OBSERVATIONS and ASSORTED DRIVAL 20-21

This is classic and why I just don’t go to BCC or LCC much anymore. Makes me sad cause some damn good days at Alta and the tude. But hey that’s good for you as one less skier in your resort.

Last edited by whyturn; 12-16-2020 at 06:55 PM.
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

2021/2022 (13/15)

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevintheskier View Post
    And I have skied Solitude too. What in the world does having skied Solitide or been a pass holder have ANYTHING to do with my brief post regarding THIS YEAR??? Learn some reading comprehension... And I love Moonbeam and Apex too, but not when only 4 green trails are open.

Who said I have rage against Solitude? I said those who only ski Solitude must be livid at only having access to 4 green runs. And I do ski somewhere else thank you very much. I have passes to Alta, Snowbird, and Solitude. I skied 2 powder days at Alta just in the last 2 days alone. So yeah I'm good. I was making an observation for the Solitude folk. You people sure get triggered very easily.

Oh good now I can sleep at night.

I don't. I was making a comment about those who only ski Solitude. How is everyone's reading comprehension so horrible??? You all take the Tanner Hall path in life?
    Woah now tanners way of life
    JAHBLESS
    CUZ YO ASS NOES NOT
    The fogs may not be happy
    But none at sillytudes gits livid about it being what it is
    And color the my aint paid for a pass to ski em all 4 over a decade old man skibum ass unimpressed with yur imaginary e life kevs
    Bumped the bambi at 3 am on my morning commute coming onto wasatch yesterday

Left a mark and I shoulda went back for the maul
    Other than that all I gots is shop god stokes
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

^^^ sorry about your truck SFB, that sucks

but thanks for the great attitude and stoke and pictures of kick ass dogs, that's what this shit is about

and really, sillytude skiers are great, i love the fogs. never found a cooler, more inclusive group of crusties than their crew. love the vibe there, and if i had a soli pass i would just be stoked to hang with the crew, not bitch on the internet about the lack of xxHaRdCoRexx skiing

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    The bueaty is if you don't think the hardcore skiing there
    Well you obviously ain't seen alto shred shot 22 1/2 or been up the fantasy
    Mur gods

"When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

It's about time we get some coverage so mallwalker & co. can begin inundating this thread with pics of nightly wanderings (too early to count as morning in my book). The last couple pages are 75% cunty drivel about road/terrain/snow and 25% pics of thinly covered brush.

Y'all need to cheer up, you're coming as unglued as the snowpack is about to get in this storm. Here, some stoke and a huge crown recently spotted on a "harcore skiing" outing:

Name:	PXL_20201213_231802750.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	353220

Name:	PXL_20201213_223704451.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	353221

Yep, shredding the Millcreek road. And it's still better than half the shit in this usually glorious thread (canine stoke not included of course)
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Mar123 & marshal spotting sharks

Name:	IMG_3864.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	353228

Looking forward to this next storm but also being realistic, it’s just barely gonna cover up the next level of rocks that are currently visible. Sorry skis.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    It's about time we get some coverage so mallwalker & co. can begin inundating this thread with pics of nightly wanderings (too early to count as morning in my book).

Name:	PXL_20201213_231802750.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	353220
    I didn't realize how short you are!
    Must be hell breaking trail...
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    I didn't realize how short you are!
    Must be hell breaking trail...

About fell over trying to take that pic too, balance isn't all there on day 1 and that road is serious skiing, all steep and narrow!

GooglePics reminded me this morning that on this day last year I was on top of Gobbs after skiing White Snake, ready to drop into Bobsled in primo conditions. I should have sacrificed more goats during the year, or more virgins maybe, cause something went horribly wrong on more than one front.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Had one of the best runs going out of top of summit at soli down to the dam and dropping into Brighton. Got a ride back and lapped the trees off milk run

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?

2021/2022 (13/15)

Didn't take any pics cause it was getting dark and we were chasing daylight, but it was great to run into d-roc in the grizzly lot. Thanks for the turns man!

Well Jimmy, you were our Snowbird hero for quite a while! So many good memories in a blurry haze, through all the changes.