Page 116 of 170 FirstFirst ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 4250
    bird and alta still on next years ikon

https://www.alterramtnco.com/news/20...1-22-ikon-pass

mike maughn slowly killing the alta experience 1 more year of ikon at a time

And yes solitude lined up for another year of soul crushing. So glad I bought a home in this fucking canyon. /sarc

Quote Originally Posted by NBABUCKS1 View Post
    bird and alta still on next years ikon

https://www.alterramtnco.com/news/20...1-22-ikon-pass
    Stoked to hear it! Just deferred my ikon pass last week so I'm glad alta/bird made the call to stay on the best ski pass around

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    And yes solitude lined up for another year of soul crushing. So glad I bought a home in this fucking canyon. /sarc
    Haha you realize alterra owns solitude right?

Alright, off topic, but any recommendations for an outdoor bar somewhere near downtown / the U?

Thank uuuuu 😘

Quote Originally Posted by wasatch_carpetbagger View Post
    Alright, off topic, but any recommendations for an outdoor bar somewhere near downtown / the U?

Thank uuuuu ��
    try the slc eats thread in padded room

what kind of bar?

snow is shitty enough rn might as well get some Wasatch bar stoke going

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    what kind of bar?

snow is shitty enough rn might as well get some Wasatch bar stoke going
    Outdoor, lowkey, suitable for a date

Quote Originally Posted by wasatch_carpetbagger View Post
    Outdoor, lowkey, suitable for a date
    I sent you the perfect date spot for bar -> restaurant combo. good luck

off topic, any of you nerds good with small electronics repair? I need a few micro-USB ports soldered back onto some circuit boards on some bike lights, mfg flaw, but thats all it would be to fix. Any idea?
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Solitude was a little better than dust on crust today. Brighton was super fun on the right aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    off topic, any of you nerds good with small electronics repair? I need a few micro-USB ports soldered back onto some circuit boards on some bike lights, mfg flaw, but thats all it would be to fix. Any idea?
    Basinbeater is a soldering nerd that does hobby audio equipment repair. I'm sure he could easily do what youre asking.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Thanksgiving time late '80's country clubbin w/ Joe Devo at the bird.
    Setting up P gulch for opening, and it's a blizzarding day off. With uniform and gear, minus radios, we carry a coupla signs to wherever and ski untracked P gulches off the clock. Pretty good deal. Gotta stop on Hidden Peak each lap to coordinate. Joe grabs an idle radio mid afternoon. "Whadayou doin that for?" I ask. "Stayin in the loop." Shrug. We place our signs out the Cirque traverse and ski a mid Cirque. It did not suck, as all laps that day did not. Coming into the top of Anderson's, Joe informs me that he's volunteered us to ski check shot 24 Rte. 3. That's the slope between the left exit of Anderson's and lower Dalton's. I object; we'll be traversing Anderson's instead of skiing it. "Tell you what, you ski Anderson's and cut over L, to watch me from below."
    Without much thought I agree. After taking Anderson's deep, it took a bit to break a traverse left. Upon arrival underneath I discover that two thirds of the slope is gone, three feet deep. Adrenaline starts flowing. Fuck, he didn't wait for me. That slope goes into thick timber; bad place to take a ride. "Joe" I yell into the trees. Nothing. "Joe" I yell upslope. Nothing. Adrenaline climbing hard, now. Unzip my coat to grab my Skadi and sound the alarm. FUCK feeling no radio, and cell phones are in the future. In area slide with two patrolmen, and I'm on my own? FUCK as my Skadi comes out, thinking those trees prolly killed him.

One last "Joe" up the hill. "What?" he responds; he had just arrived. Adrenaline crests and I almost vomit. Turns out Liam and Sue had made that slide and had asked for the crown to be ski checked. I had no way of knowing.
    There was time for two more laps, but the country club had lost all appeal. Went back to the models at Entry 2 where Joe and I shared the bottom floor and a kitchen. Wasn't much of a drinker in those days before pee tests, but I toasted the FUCK outta him that night...

morals: I don't know, help me out.
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    Thanksgiving time late '80's country clubbin w/ Joe Devo at the bird.
    Setting up P gulch for opening, and it's a blizzarding day off. With uniform and gear, minus radios, we carry a coupla signs to wherever and ski untracked P gulches off the clock. Pretty good deal. Gotta stop on Hidden Peak each lap to coordinate. Joe grabs an idle radio mid afternoon. "Whadayou doin that for?" I ask. "Stayin in the loop." Shrug. We place our signs out the Cirque traverse and ski a mid Cirque. It did not suck, as all laps that day did not. Coming into the top of Anderson's, Joe informs me that he's volunteered us to ski check shot 24 Rte. 3. That's the slope between the left exit of Anderson's and lower Dalton's. I object; we'll be traversing Anderson's instead of skiing it. "Tell you what, you ski Anderson's and cut over L, to watch me from below."
    Without much thought I agree. After taking Anderson's deep, it took a bit to break a traverse left. Upon arrival underneath I discover that two thirds of the slope is gone, three feet deep. Adrenaline starts flowing. Fuck, he didn't wait for me. That slope goes into thick timber; bad place to take a ride. "Joe" I yell into the trees. Nothing. "Joe" I yell upslope. Nothing. Adrenaline climbing hard, now. Unzip my coat to grab my Skadi and sound the alarm. FUCK feeling no radio, and cell phones are in the future. In area slide with two patrolmen, and I'm on my own? FUCK as my Skadi comes out, thinking those trees prolly killed him.

One last "Joe" up the hill. "What?" he responds; he had just arrived. Adrenaline crests and I almost vomit. Turns out Liam and Sue had made that slide and had asked for the crown to be ski checked. I had no way of knowing.
    There was time for two more laps, but the country club had lost all appeal. Went back to the models at Entry 2 where Joe and I shared the bottom floor and a kitchen. Wasn't much of a drinker in those days before pee tests, but I toasted the FUCK outta him that night...

morals: I don't know, help me out.
    riveting storytelling, had me gripped til the end

first time in quite a while. skied great top to bottom.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flanagans.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	325.8 KB 
ID:	365922

SLC Jong question alert:
    Here for a month for work, On a day like tomorrow (not a pow day) what is a reasonable time to be through the mouth of LCC for an Alta trip? Is 7 reasonable? Later/earlier?

Quote Originally Posted by davjr96 View Post
    SLC Jong question alert:
    Here for a month for work, On a day like tomorrow (not a pow day) what is a reasonable time to be through the mouth of LCC for an Alta trip? Is 7 reasonable? Later/earlier?
    pretty sure you're ok as long as parking isnt full leaving anytime on a typical non pow day this time of year. i probably wouldnt leave til 8. I could be totally out of touch though. Seems the problems I heard are basically snow day issues.

Just a guess but I bet you could go later than that tomorrow. I'd even go out on a limb and put $5 on this being the first weekend in a while that Alta parking doesn't fill up.

Ok, thanks guys!
    Well apparently it's also the first weekend of spring break... Brighton looks packed and Alta parking is full as of now. Hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by davjr96 View Post
    Ok, thanks guys!
    Well apparently it's also the first weekend of spring break... Brighton looks packed and Alta parking is full as of now. Hmmm.
    if you stick to your original idea of heading up at 7 you'll have no problem parking tomorrow regardless of spring break.

Everyone member when leaving your house at 7 was the move on a pow day? I member

*Sigh* i member.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Everyone member when leaving your house at 7 was the move on a pow day? I member
    Pepperidge Farm Remembers

yeah it was right around 3 or 4 years ago

i remember when i could go to a concert or crowded restaurant too.. whats your point?