Page 31 of 170 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    What the others don't appreciate is the fact that YOU can't let go with your inane drivel.
    My drivel? You mean my ONE SINGLE post I made? THAT drivel???? Or do you mean all my responses to the countless endless replies to that ONE SINGLE POST?... Which is ironic since I am just responding to another one, made by you.

You keep claiming it wasn't the greatest day ever, fine,
    I keep claiming it? I claimed it ONCE. You guys just want to keep claiming that my opinion is wrong.

but everyone else was stoked and has at least posted something positive instead of shitting and moaning about currency trading and inaccuracies in the reporting of canyon traffic.
    Post stoke or STFU. It's fucking simple. Nobody would be arguing with you if you hadn't started your morning with a contrarian post.
    First, I don't agree with your premise that everyone else was stoked. It is POSSIBLE everyone else was stoked, and that may be the case, but no one has actually said yet that they were stoked about Alta today (and seeing dejected faces going back to their cars at 11am would suggest it isn't true anyways). Virtually all the posts have been about arguing with me about my opinion. I assume all these people are office workers and have no place to comment either way because if they were STOKED then they would still be out there right?

Second, as I already pointed out (you guys with the horrible reading comprehension again) this is not the "WASATCH STOKE" thread (you are more than welcome to create that thread if you want). This is the "WASATCH STOKE, CONDITIONS, AND OBSERVATIONS" thread (and if we want to get technical "drivel" as well so that would also be welcomed here). I posted about the conditions and observations so my post was more than within the confines of the relevancy of the thread subject.... Your post however was angry vindictive cursing telling someone to STFU so actually it is YOUR post that is not within the subject matter of this thread. Not mine.... But thanks for playing and thanks for making yet another post for me to reply to that makes you look stupid to everyone else who would rather just talk about something other than what I thought of todays CONDITIONS AND OBSERVATIONS.

lol dude you really gotta relax

holy shit, mellow out kevin.

mount superior sunrise stoke, I take this picture a million times a year and love it

Kevin fucking rules
    All you other beaters
    Take a lap
    crab in my shoe mouth

USA Bowl lighting up last march. Came out pretty good considering I use an iPhone SE and don't know how to take pictures.

^^^
    Very nice, possibly the only pic I've ever seen of USAB that makes it look appealing

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    lol dude you really gotta relax
    Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    holy shit, mellow out kevin.
    Dude's righteous indignation is increasing by the post, his understanding of what he's doing wrong not so much.
    I think if we keep poking him there's a good chance he'll explode. Worth it in my book, I'm going for it:

Kevin, conditions are good but not great, observations are mostly that you're a gargantuan twat. Nobody likes you, go away.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    i never complain when i get to be on skis.
    Doing it right.

Down the memory lane of stoke we go, this page needs it.
    12/16 a couple years ago, that was a great start to the season:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00047XTR_00047_BURST20181215110619.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	353616

Name:	00061XTR_00061_BURST20181215110619.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	353617

12/19 three years back, almost as low tide as this year, no grumbling about skiing rocks and crossing flats:

Name:	IMG_20171226_114138.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	353613

12/18/2016, W Scotties was already loaded to the gills:

Name:	IMG_20161218_140344.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	353614

12/19/2015, can't remember much but it looks like there was enough snow on Kessler to ski the Mitt and send couloirs, can't have been that bad:

Name:	IMG_20161231_105509.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	353619

Nothing in the phone before that. Bet I was skiing in 12/15ish/whatever year since the early 80s and was pumped about it.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by DigSki View Post
    USA Bowl lighting up last march. Came out pretty good considering I use an iPhone SE and don't know how to take pictures.

see?? this dude only has 7 posts but he gets it, bringing the stoke already here, good shit!

love me some usa bowl when the rest of the wasatch is coming unglued. of course, the rest of the wasatch also loves usa bowl under the same conditions

Whyturn and I enjoying the uphill before a Memorial Day weekend pow lap.

Name:	1AD95F10-D06C-4F0C-A02A-DFFA16E0F4B6.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	660.8 KB 
ID:	353627

Me last week skiing Alta on my 50th birthday. This was the best day ever at Alta, until the next day.

Name:	5BB35A79-21DA-48AE-8E19-69A1F8043EDA.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	542.2 KB 
ID:	353629

Snow will return like this soon and Joey above will hopefully return to Texas

Name:	94BD239A-FABD-4464-9FCB-F6C58EDECDFA.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	509.2 KB 
ID:	353630

I think if we keep poking him there's a good chance he'll explode.
    Really? Because so far everyone who has tried arguing with me has gone away as will you... unless you want to pollute the thread. People like Benny and Jer would just drive you nuts not the other way around.

Kevin, conditions are good but not great
    So now you are agreeing with me? Damn, I thought you would just go away, I didn't think I would actually outright win by you coming to my side. Glad you agree with me. I see you agree with me so much that today was completely forgettable that you and everyone else have resorted to posting nostalgic pics of better times. Thanks for agreeing with me but you don't have to go that far.

Thanksgiving night last year a few days before resort opened. 3-4’

Name:	Image1608327935.226202.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	142.9 KB 
ID:	353633

Coming out to an Alta sunset

Name:	Image1608327981.834361.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	275.0 KB 
ID:	353634

Pillow land awaits

Name:	Image1608328044.324914.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	150.7 KB 
ID:	353635

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Anyone else in for a round of "Kevin says Alta sucks" stickers?

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Anyone else in for a round of "Kevin says Alta sucks" stickers?
    I'd take a few!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevintheskier View Post
    outright win [...] agreeing with me
    I don't think these words mean what you think they mean.

As far as going away, if you look at the Wasatch drivel threads from years past I think you'll be disappointed. I tend to spend a fair amount of time in there until May.

Anyway, it's not the first time I use this pic but it's most appropriate right now:

Name:	IMG_5222.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	914.1 KB 
ID:	353637
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Oooooh now I get it! After seeing all your pictures I get it! You guys are all OLD! It makes so much sense now. Old and cranky and filled with regret. Ahhhhh, now I get it. I should probably feel quite a bit of sympathy for you old slow guys trying to convince yourself that your days actually are good days but... I don't. At least I get it now though.... So is everyone here old as dirt?

whyturn, jmills, TWA, and others - great fucking pics, thank you!

Really? Because so far everyone who has tried arguing with me has gone away as will you... unless you want to pollute the thread. People like Benny and Jer would just drive you nuts not the other way around.

So now you are agreeing with me? Damn, I thought you would just go away, I didn't think I would actually outright win by you coming to my side. Glad you agree with me. I see you agree with me so much that today was completely forgettable that you and everyone else have resorted to posting nostalgic pics of better times. Thanks for agreeing with me but you don't have to go that far.
    kevin, please, shut the fuck up

mods, sorry if that's not allowed or whatever, feel free to remove this post if inappropriate

i think i speak for a lot of us tho

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post

kevin, please, shut the fuck up
    Now you do understand all I am doing is responding to posts specifically directed at me? You do realize this? Just not sure if you have caught on to it yet since you speak as if I'm spamming posts or something.

WASATCH STOKE, CONDITIONS, OBSERVATIONS and ASSORTED DRIVAL 20-21

Name:	Image1608328902.890267.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	728.5 KB 
ID:	353641

Antelope island locals got some attitude. I took this last year on a trip to the old farm.

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post

Name:	Image1608328902.890267.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	728.5 KB 
ID:	353641

some fucking bison stoke, i dig it

dude looks like an absolute unit

lol will someone just please go skiing with kevin and explain to him how this works

lol will someone just please go skiing with kevin and explain to him how this works
    We're too old.
    He could take us all in a ski-off.

That bison looks a bit close for comfort! Had a couple sneak up on us this fall while biking, they're impressive hunks!

I already volunteered to a ski-off but he chose to ignore that one single post.

Kevin, do you have touring gear?

^^^…Dude's righteous indignation is increasing by the post, his understanding of what he's doing wrong not so much.
    I think if we keep poking him there's a good chance he'll explode. Worth it in my book, I'm going for it:

Kevin, conditions are good but not great, observations are mostly that you're a gargantuan twat. Nobody likes you, go away.
    I feel the need to land on you Kevin but, I’m going to show restraint (and having a protracted word battle with a emotional moran is not conducive to the general well-being that is kept here). I lurk here often and have skied with some of these better balanced peeps in their backyard.

STFU and Ski Grunt (= recalcitrant boot)

eta: to the indentured... letthe smilly snowie piks of yore flow
    ​I am not in your hurry

Kevin, I’m usually at Alta every weekday afternoon. Let’s meet up for a beer or water from my cooler and take a lap or two together. I’ll PM a you my info.

I definitely didn't feel that last chair was best chair. For me at Alta best chair was 1pm an hour into the heavy snow but before it got too crowded. After that it did start to come down much harder nonstop but so did the people. Every chair was taken on Wildcat (and I think Collins too) and there is only so much terrain for everyone so despite the heavy snow the people were skiing it off quicker than it came down. I ended up leaving an hour early since it was clearly not getting better despite the heavy snow.
    Is this your first time skiing at Alta? Shit get skied out faster than... something's that's really fast.