Page 107 of 170 FirstFirst ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 4250
    Quote Originally Posted by CirqueScaler View Post
    True. I was a good boy the past few days and stayed home. But then someone on Facebook told me that not-black is the new green so I got out today to rip some 38* n-facing couloirs. Wish I could say it was good, but it wasn't
    Sun/moisture gets just right this time of year to fuck shit up quick, and the shit it doesn't fuck up, it seems this year, you dont want to be anywhere near.
    Stay safe friends.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    JONG question about Solitude parking.. at JH by getting to there before 6:30am you can beat the lot leeches taking your money. Can the same be done at Solitude and if so what time you gotta be there by?
    its an app or kiosk i dont do apps couldnt locate a convenient kiosk and no lot leeches ever collect fundages
    and there was nothing on my car to show anyone cared enough to notice yesterday
    cant believes i aint beens homes since lds last season
    icegroms chix winging in a sling but positive
    i doubt he skis w/out a helmet again
    lines to lifts wernt bad
    my sunrise no bump chair into my ass
    sucked
    got the sfotex out for sums well needed and deserved
    gittin sums
    and hwyed out
    a bit rhimey down to twin lakes
    but sho didnt suck or was "ruined" to the point of suck

postholeing out onto twin lakes to git yur slowboard

well yeah that sucks
    egp = no suck

buddhabless

egp got hammered yesterday but still sum fresh and the back yard buggaloo didnt suck
    hooked up w /IR and headed out for an eastfacer traverse out to crystals
    while a good bit of suckages is skill dependent
    the whoopty woo thing they gots goin on is one of the more interesting ones i recall
    wife got dumped off the side into a treewell
    got er out but not back up on the traverse
    hooked back up w/ sfotex and found my crew for sum mur didnt sucks

skiiing a bunch of old friends
    fuck yeah dorthy
    theres no place like the place you call home

"When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    Been wondering if I was gonna tell a story tonight. Guess so.
    Got called out on account of muzzling a bitch.
    Been training rescue dog teams up this canyon and in the west for four decades.
    Guess that language comes easy.
    Miss Ulmer doesn't hold a candle to my bitches.

Mid 80's, dogs still wearing beacons in their vests.
    Only Skadi and Pieps at the time.
    Both had ear pieces to hear the signal.
    Skadi's ear pieces were so prone to defect that I carried three of them.
    Fella comes by the sunpit at Gad 2.
    Can hear him talking to his girlfriend.
    "Whats that harness on the dog" she says
    "Holds a rescue beacon" he says.
    We're impressed. Fella knows what's in the pouch?
    As they come abreast he further shows his knowledge.
    "Is that a Pieps or a Skadi in the harness?"
    More impressed.
    "Skadi."
    "How does that work for him?'
    "Pretty good, but he has problems keeping the earpiece in."
    "Yeah, I bet." he says.
    Wasn't trying to make him the fool, but the thought of a dog using a rescue beacon to search for folks under the snow was so hilarious that we hardly contained ourselves 'til they went outta sight.
    Years ago I had a pack with a wasistband that started coming undone at the seem where it met the pack. My temporary ski bum solution was to use a length of webbing as belt, so one day at Aspen I leave my pack with my sidecountry gear in the lodge, come in to grab it, and am tying my webbing waistband. Couple gapers walk up and one asks if I am someone involved with mountain rescue, and explains that the webbing gave him the idea that they 'send me into avalanches' like on a tether or some shit. Like that avalanches someone keep moving and not solid for long enough that some guy tied with webbing is doing the breaststroke through them looking for people.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by steadieflow View Post
    This.....late 90’s I was cooking at the Rustler. We were cleaning up after dinner service the chef came back in and told us to turn everything back on we had to feed at least a 100 people. Road was closed all afternoon for control work. Finally opened it around 8:30 PM to get everyone out of the canyon.

Shit went down multiple natural releases hit the road buried cars. Alta sheriffs dug people out and they told everyone to leave their vehicle and get to the nearest building.

We setup a pasta buffet and people slept on cots and floors all over the lodge. We partied really hard that night super late in the bar. When LCC does it thing it is intense and no joke.

I remember that event because I ended up on the gmd floor. Skiing was memorable, all day refills. They send us out of gmd to dig out about 6pm, then hustled us all back in. Gmd thought we were all going downhill so closed the grill and offered no food. It was my birthday. My brother and I dined on half a bagel, a yogurt and some chocolate. at 830 we went out to dig out. Cars started up the ramp from wildcat when a slide came down and pushed cars off the road. Back inside for the night.
    Interlodge quit next day, Sunday at 1pm. We had to get out to catch our flight.
    You never forget your first interlodge.
    Battle lines being drawn, nobody’s right if everybody’s wrong, old people speaking their minds, getting so much resistance from behind.

Snow at Brighton was amazing yesterday afternoon fwiw. Definitely not crusty.

Quote Originally Posted by cl1953 View Post
    I remember that event because I ended up on the gmd floor. Skiing was memorable, all day refills. They send us out of gmd to dig out about 6pm, then hustled us all back in. Gmd thought we were all going downhill so closed the grill and offered no food. It was my birthday. My brother and I dined on half a bagel, a yogurt and some chocolate. at 830 we went out to dig out. Cars started up the ramp from wildcat when a slide came down and pushed cars off the road. Back inside for the night.
    Interlodge quit next day, Sunday at 1pm. We had to get out to catch our flight.
    You never forget your first interlodge.
    Did I ski with you at cannon??

Good story though and I agree! I was getting interlodged every other year. I’d text Telee asking wtf and he’s like “you motherfucker you timed it right again!”
    Decisions Decisions

if Thursday was Augusta National, this weekend was....the Phoenix Open?

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    if Thursday was Augusta National, this weekend was....the Phoenix Open?
    I expected as much. Crazy eh? Hope patrol got some stuff opened to spread the masses.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

WASATCH STOKE, CONDITIONS, OBSERVATIONS and ASSORTED DRIVAL 20-21

Fun day at the bird. Base area lifts were a little busy but little cloud had 0 line the couple that I rode in the afternoon. The wind was keeping things smooth.

Heads up, there’s a pretty large debris field around the bottom of great scott/hanging bowl. You would not be happy to rip into that during some low viz.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Did I ski with you at cannon??

Good story though and I agree! I was getting interlodged every other year. I’d text Telee asking wtf and he’s like “you motherfucker you timed it right again!”
    It was jay peak. A good snowy day. Good memory Brock.
    Stationed in sandy now. Doing hard time at Alta. You should be here now.
    Battle lines being drawn, nobody’s right if everybody’s wrong, old people speaking their minds, getting so much resistance from behind.

Today was so cold, damn. Did it snow more? Nuked for like 45 minutes prior to my leaving at 1

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

pups was happy to get out for some faceshots
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	doggiepowsurf.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	364012
    Lurking around the Summit vicinity....still blower, no rime or crusts experienced. good coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    Heads up, there’s a pretty large debris field around the bottom of great scott/hanging bowl. You would not be happy to rip into that during some low viz.
    Yeah I saw an IG story that looked like hanging bowl ripped out pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    Today was so cold, damn. Did it snow more? Nuked for like 45 minutes prior to my leaving at 1

Snowing pretty good until I left around 4:45.

Sweet day in the mountains with friends. So good to be out making turns.

Name:	Image1613871895.444217.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	201.2 KB 
ID:	364026

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

sfb, taking sfotex out for the win. The better half to boot...

Thought I'd ramble a bit about terminology.
    Yawn.
    A fracture line is a crown face, not a crown.
    The crown is the remaining snow above the crown face.
    What's now kinda universally known in the US as "hangfire".
    Crowns are measured in acres, not feet.
    Hangfire is a term for cannon munition that fires after a delay when the trigger is pulled.
    CAIC was the last holdout on using these terms properly.
    Notice even they have caved to popular use this year.
    We confuse the rest of the world, but make us proud locally, eh?

Good day, Jimmy
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Quote Originally Posted by oldskibum View Post
    Really good report.
    And they used proper terminology!
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

On the Wilson Creek avalanche: Avalanches And The Human Factor | RadioWest (kuer.org)

Features dave richards and drew hardesty

Couldn't find the rime crust today

Name:	IMG_4449.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	364170

Alexander Basin looking particularly scenic today with not a single track in there.

Anyone know of any deals on ski lessons? The wife is learning. I’ve taught her the basics but I ain’t no PSIA guy. Because of the rona it seems like everything is private lessons and we can’t really justify the cost of that. Wondering if someone knows someone that would do it on the side or something like that?

Beware of Monday with the 20 degree temperature increase in a day since the storm.....

Quote Originally Posted by cl1953 View Post
    It was jay peak. A good snowy day. Good memory Brock.
    Stationed in sandy now. Doing hard time at Alta. You should be here now.
    I’ll be there weds...
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post

Alexander Basin looking particularly scenic today with not a single track in there.

Anyone know of any deals on ski lessons? The wife is learning. I’ve taught her the basics but I ain’t no PSIA guy. Because of the rona it seems like everything is private lessons and we can’t really justify the cost of that. Wondering if someone knows someone that would do it on the side or something like that?
    PM me. Good location, excellent services

edit: are you talking skinning and skiing, beginner rope tow snow plow, something in between?

In between. She’s had a sunnyside pass this season and can make it down everything on that but not sure what to do from here as far as progressing and technique. I’ll PM, thanks!