Page 141 of 170 FirstFirst ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,525 of 4250
    still have lots of questions.
    for example, sounds like you need a rez if your kids are in ski school/youth camp. will you be able to get a rez for 8 saturdays in a row?

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    White Pine parking is gonna be brutal
    Brutal-er than this year? That would mean a continuous line of cars parked from the fucking start of the summer road at Alta all the way down to the gate parking lot 1 mile up the canyon
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Some of you may have taken the reading comprehension test that UAC included in some of their forecasts. They recently released results: https://utahavalanchecenter.org/blog/62528

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    Upper LCC weekend touring is gonna be like the olden' days!
    Going to be a lot more tourers on the bus this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Brutal-er than this year? That would mean a continuous line of cars parked from the fucking start of the summer road at Alta all the way down to the gate parking lot 1 mile up the canyon
    Just wait until the pending transportation "solution" is implemented and all winter road parking becomes illegal. It's been a while since I read the EIS fact sheets but I'm pretty sure that's part of all of them.

So basically the fee for just showing up without a reservation on a day when its going off is $75. Noted

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer-Down View Post
    So basically the fee for just showing up without a reservation on a day when its going off is $75. Noted
    It certainly could be higher. Its the same penalty Solitude has been charging, but at least Solitude has free roadside parking.

So its official no bus pass with season ticket?

There should be an asshole tax for additional $500 for that move.

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    there won't be canyon jams with a paid parking system brah
    So IKON'ers pay $25?

https://www.alta.com/tickets-and-passes/benefits

Bus is now included again

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Honestly doesn't seem that bad. Plus free if you're parked before 6am...... Gonna be a shitshow, I foresee the parking and traffic issues are worse this year especially with crowds heading up in the afternoon for free parking. Alta just plain sucks now

I just got off the phone with Mel at "Skier Services" at Alta and she confirmed that the UTA Bus Pass will be included with "qualifying" Season Passes for the 21/22 season.

David R. Smith

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    Honestly doesn't seem that bad. Plus free if you're parked before 6am...... Gonna be a shitshow, I foresee the parking and traffic issues are worse this year especially with crowds heading up in the afternoon for free parking. Alta just plain sucks now
    I could be wrong, but I interpreted the 6am-1pm enforcement window as the period that you have to have a rez to be there. i.e. you could get there before 6am AND leave before 6am, but I dont think you can just get there at 5:59 and ski all day.

^this. Makes Dawn Patrols nearly impossible for Griz/Flag/etc,
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by wasatch_carpetbagger View Post
    I could be wrong, but I interpreted the 6am-1pm enforcement window as the period that you have to have a rez to be there. i.e. you could get there before 6am AND leave before 6am, but I dont think you can just get there at 5:59 and ski all day.
    i dunno. i guess it depends on how they're going to check reservations. if you need a "pass" in your windshield then i guess they could ticket you if parked after 6 am. if it's a scan type thing as you roll in then i don't see how it could be enforced. gotta imagine most dawn patrolers (pre-6 am anyway) would be outta there by 10-ish which would free up spots and they're not as worried about it. although this year all bets will be off i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by criscam View Post
    i dunno. i guess it depends on how they're going to check reservations. if you need a "pass" in your windshield then i guess they could ticket you if parked after 6 am. if it's a scan type thing as you roll in then i don't see how it could be enforced. gotta imagine most dawn patrolers (pre-6 am anyway) would be outta there by 10-ish which would free up spots and they're not as worried about it. although this year all bets will be off i guess.
    I would imagine it would be some kind of dashboard/hang tag or license plate number

I read on the site its going to be enforced by a 3rd party and not Alta. I'm sure whatever method they used will be strict as I'm guessing Alta wont get a big cut of the ticket fees

Considering it's weekends and holiday weeks most upper LCC touring parties are likely parking for a longer or later day, not a dawn patrol. So the parking fees will likely be something that can't be avoided unless someone gets lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by wasatch_carpetbagger View Post
    Well at least this won't be a problem for mall walker.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    he's a bike bro now

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    my extensive series of strongly worded letters seems to have worked

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    he's a bike bro now
    fuck off beater

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    my extensive series of strongly worded letters seems to have worked
    You sent angry letters to Alta demanding they set the cutoff at 6AM? Smart.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Alta Base to Snowbird Gravity Feed?

Can you easily ski from the Alta parking lot to the Bird without using the Wildcat lift or doing major hiking?
    Gravity Junkie

Via mineral basin if you have an altabird pass or the blackjack traverse if not

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Via mineral basin if you have an altabird pass or the blackjack traverse if not

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    You need to gain some altitude to get to Blackjack traverse from the WC lot though.