Page 19 of 170 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    For those of you looking for Tomorrow’s dust on crust.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0282.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	349833

^ Skied pretty good for DUST lol, fun up there, definitely brought the B game haha, 4th day on will do that but regardless HAPPY TURKEY BIRD DAY (or Tofurkey for my fellow Veggie folks!)
    You took too much man, too much, too much

Name:	20201126_105116.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	976.5 KB 
ID:	349982

The 5" or more of dust skied pretty well, imo.

The dust was a shockingly good improvement. Wildcat lot was full before opening. Pow days are going to be beyond crazy as the season rolls on and the hungry show up early and earlier.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Just got back from a Catherine's Lap. Only skiing I did today. It was pretty good. Definitely sharky on the exit.

^^^^
    Just double checking that you remember what you did to your hand a few years ago and what happened to Carl 2 days ago?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Name:	IMG_9296.JPG 
Views:	136 
Size:	794.8 KB 
ID:	350009
    Catherine's was pretty solid. Exited Supreme and it was horrible, frozen snowcat chunder lurking under the dust

WASATCH STOKE, CONDITIONS, OBSERVATIONS and ASSORTED DRIVAL 20-21

Good snow and cool tour today

Name:	Image1606537198.955639.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	203.1 KB 
ID:	350141

Name:	Image1606537211.598445.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	179.2 KB 
ID:	350142

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

So has anyone been turned away at the base of LCC yet? Heading up to Alta tomorrow and wondering what time I need to be at the mouth of the canyon....

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Anyone know what will be open Mon. at The Bird? Regulator, or just Big Emma?
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

They’re claiming Tram, Zoom, Little Cloud, Mid Gad, and Chickadee.

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    So has anyone been turned away at the base of LCC yet? Heading up to Alta tomorrow and wondering what time I need to be at the mouth of the canyon....

Seems like parking has been declared "full" on twitter around 11ish the last few days, but plenty of spots start opening up around then from the 4-laps-and-go-home crew (of which I am a frequent member). There were a bunch of empties around our tailgate when we fired up the grill around noon.

^ Totally right... Seems like the New England conditions are keeping the hoards at bay.

Went up on Black Friday at 12, skied laps, literally no lines until closing bell, fun was had. Noticed what Dshack is saying as i drove up to the trailhead today, started towards Catherines around 10, looked like WC lot had quite a few spots.

Catherines was skiing well for the most part, definitely low tide and probably rolled the dice a little to much with line selection, but again fun was had and literally only saw like 3 people all day...

As always cant take yourself to seriously...

Name:	PXL_20201128_194823444.MP.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	222.9 KB 
ID:	350265

It was fun seeing people's reactions as I passed them on the skinner. So if you find circular skin tracks or ones that dead end into trees.... it wasnt me WAKA WAKA

Detruser: Just tell 'em you're the pro from Dover.
    Works like a charm.
    There is no organization of "full parking" and road closures yet...

Dshack: do you have two 'lil ones now?
    Thought I saw you all with your gal riding clean up / defense.
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Thanks all. Generally When asked what I do people say “really????” I guess I don’t exude that vibe.

We were just hoping not to be in the canyon at 7:30...sounds like we can be a bit leisurely.

Telefreewasatch, you gonna e sliding around tomorrow? I’ll be w the whole family in a yellow fart bag trying to keep up!

I rip the groomed on tele gear

We still just have 1 little one...for now! Im a total rookie at teaching her to ski. I know there are some good tips that have been posted on here, time for me to search around.

So far our top priority has been keeping a strong ratio of hot chocolate to skiing. Seems like that makes everything else easier!

Quote Originally Posted by D-Roc View Post
    ^ Totally right... Seems like the New England conditions are keeping the hoards at bay.

Went up on Black Friday at 12, skied laps, literally no lines until closing bell, fun was had. Noticed what Dshack is saying as i drove up to the trailhead today, started towards Catherines around 10, looked like WC lot had quite a few spots.

Catherines was skiing well for the most part, definitely low tide and probably rolled the dice a little to much with line selection, but again fun was had and literally only saw like 3 people all day...

As always cant take yourself to seriously...

Name:	PXL_20201128_194823444.MP.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	222.9 KB 
ID:	350265

It was fun seeing people's reactions as I passed them on the skinner. So if you find circular skin tracks or ones that dead end into trees.... it wasnt me WAKA WAKA
    HA! I passed you as your were driving up.

^ Dammit so close!

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    We still just have 1 little one...for now! Im a total rookie at teaching her to ski. I know there are some good tips that have been posted on here, time for me to search around.

So far our top priority has been keeping a strong ratio of hot chocolate to skiing. Seems like that makes everything else easier!
    ^ I deploy the same tactic with my wife at times, although i sneak a little bit of amaretto in there (because it makes me more attractive...)

Utah County is a damn weird place.

"Whether Provo Canyon’s Bridal Veil Falls is preserved as a natural space or developed into a drug treatment center with tram access may come down to a last-minute effort by a departing Utah County commissioner."
    https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics...al-veil-falls/

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Utah County is a damn weird place.

"Whether Provo Canyon’s Bridal Veil Falls is preserved as a natural space or developed into a drug treatment center with tram access may come down to a last-minute effort by a departing Utah County commissioner."
    https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics...al-veil-falls/
    I wonder if Bill Lee is related to Mike Lee?

Thanks for the beta photo, im sharpening my tools and crampons now...

Quote Originally Posted by D-Roc View Post
    Thanks for the beta photo, im sharpening my tools and crampons now...
    don't sharpen em

they'll just get dull again after two or three swings anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post

If she is still so small she can barely stand on skis a hula hoop is your best friend.

Snowbird opener was quite enjoyable today. Not sure if the fact it was on a Monday or the new parking situation but it was the quietest opener I’ve seen. They did a really good job on the mask insistence and spacing out the lines. They still parked cars pretty close but it’s easy to stay away from whomever is parked next to you. I felt pretty safe up there.

Only saw two idiots, one that had made it to the line, several lifties in the corral ask him if he has a mask on, he pulls his face into his coat and proclaims he doesn’t need one. He argued all the way through the line to the point of loading where they stopped the lift. They eventually let him ride up with a firm insistence he wouldn’t be allowed on again.

Another guy goes to walk over the pedestrian bridge bare faced, public safety tells him he needs a mask. He proceeds to argue how he’d read the website and didn’t see anything about a mask and gave public safety the “I don’t know who you are but I read the website and epidemiologists agree masks don’t work!” Good on public safety who pointed out the sign and told him he was not going past that sign without a mask on.

Snow was good, the usual early season stuff was served up off of Zoom and Little Cloud bowl was open from the old lady ropeline to the start of puckerbrush. Regulator was firing, not a touch of firmness.