Page 23 of 170 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Roc View Post
    ^ Did you boot the skinner? lol true Wasatch Style jk.
    let's just say the walking-to-skinning ratio wasn't ideal

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    they're shitty as fuck mammut pants. 0/10 would not recommend. for a $750 hardshell goretex pro pant, i could almost literally sneeze a hole in them. after 5 days on them they looked worse than my BD beater pants with 200+ days on them. that eddie bauer jacket though is pretty dope for storm skiing.

and honestly it pretty much was a picnic. 10/10 would do again if i could. basically two days of intense pain in the hospital, a week of manageable pain without the use of opiods (thank god for heating pads), and a few months of slight discomfort. i was skiing the summer road after like 8 days and then doing real skiing within 3 weeks (pic above). within 4-5 months of donation i was doing shit like skiing kings peak, long days in the backcountry (8k, so long for me anyway), climbing 5.10 on gear, etc. i'm still as much of a jong as i was before, but i can't realistically expect that the 300g i lost would make me any stronger.

i got my one year labs back last week and i'm totally back to normal - my kidney function is within the healthy range for people with two kidneys.

if there's interest i can post a donate your own fucking organs trip report
    strong work stud
    i still gots your groms season rental stuffs
    and it looks like we did gits sevaral soli transferable shop passes a couple sundances pow mows and alta sans weekends
    so u lemme know when u wanna go with yur lil bro grom
    actually it was crackhead moochin wows tele tip idea that started the local conditions obs thread here at the tgrz
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ons?highlight=
    and help kill the tr
    id worry mur about the reds

and snakes and traffic flow than bc noobs
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Huh, I thought the bird skied well. You had to be careful but the groomers ripped, you could get an edge into almost everything. The little bit of safe “off piste “ was softer w some fun mini bumps. YMMV

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

they're shitty as fuck mammut pants. 0/10 would not recommend. for a $750 hardshell goretex pro pant, i could almost literally sneeze a hole in them. after 5 days on them they looked worse than my BD beater pants with 200+ days on them. that eddie bauer jacket though is pretty dope for storm skiing.

and honestly it pretty much was a picnic. 10/10 would do again if i could. basically two days of intense pain in the hospital, a week of manageable pain without the use of opiods (thank god for heating pads), and a few months of slight discomfort. i was skiing the summer road after like 8 days and then doing real skiing within 3 weeks (pic above). within 4-5 months of donation i was doing shit like skiing kings peak, long days in the backcountry (8k, so long for me anyway), climbing 5.10 on gear, etc. i'm still as much of a jong as i was before, but i can't realistically expect that the 300g i lost would make me any stronger.

i got my one year labs back last week and i'm totally back to normal - my kidney function is within the healthy range for people with two kidneys.

if there's interest i can post a donate your own fucking organs trip report
    Wow, $750 pants??? I don't think my whole ski setup costs that much, including 3 pairs of skis, most of which was bought used on here.

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    Wow, $750 pants??? I don't think my whole ski setup costs that much, including 3 pairs of skis, most of which was bought used on here.

i mean yeah i got em off of some instagram influencer NWOT for $150 and i thought i was getting a killer deal.

also apparently they're $650. still. i would have been salty if i paid $50 for them (which is what i paid for my used BD mission pants, which again, have hundreds of days on them), honest to god, shitty.

i do like their jackets from the same lineup FWIW

here is some groomer skinning stoke from last night

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20201204_015957660.NIGHT.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	901.1 KB 
ID:	351121

i mean yeah i got em off of some instagram influencer NWOT for $150 and i thought i was getting a killer deal.

also apparently they're $650. still. i would have been salty if i paid $50 for them (which is what i paid for my used BD mission pants, which again, have hundreds of days on them), honest to god, shitty.]
    They sound like they are counterfeit knock offs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudfoot View Post
    They sound like they are counterfeit knock offs.
    nahh, the dude is sponsored by mammut, has 500k instafollowers, etc. they're legit, they even have a dumb mammut hologram authenticity thing on them. just shitty pants. don't buy 'em.

How has parking been at Brighton and Alta Monday/Tuesday?

Great pics

weekday alta has been empty. no parking issues and no lift lines

nahh, the dude is sponsored by mammut, has 500k instafollowers, etc. they're legit, they even have a dumb mammut hologram authenticity thing on them. just shitty pants. don't buy 'em.
    Not going to dispute that, but counterfit Mannut stuff has been on the market since at least 2010. Beware all top brand merch that is too good of a deal. Mannut generally makes good stuff so those pants just don't sound right.
    Gravity Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by AZskibum View Post
    How has parking been at Brighton and Alta Monday/Tuesday?

Great pics
    In theory Brighton won't be crowded on Monday as all the Ikoners go to Solitude and ski there until other resorts get snow. Parking should be easy then I guess?

Good place to get that COVID if it's crowded.

Going to hit up Deer Valley Tomorrow. I am on Ikon and Solitude Doesn't Open up until the 7th and I don't feel like using my 2nd of 5 alta/bird days for a Saturday WROD. I tried going to Brighton last Saturday with my daughters only to find out that they were under the reservation system for Ikon. The thing that really irks me is I can't head up on an afternoon @ 2:30 to ski with my 5/7 year old (when everyone is clearing out on the mountain). Is it just me or are mountains utilizing reservations going to lose huge amounts of revenue this year to the obvious benefit of local passholders?

They lost a lot of money closing in mid-march last year. I’m guessing they’re hoping to just stay open and make a little money.

Snowbird still stepping it up, mask enforcement, outdoor portapotties, well spaced minimal lines. I only waited in a line at Zoom all day today, every other lift was one or two groups or ski on. Gad 2 opened today, but Election only. Upper bypass road is a first come first served parking area, they had signs claiming to have your QR ready but nobody there to scan. Heard from a parking person that it’s the one loophole in the reservation situation. Preferred parking is going back to 2:00 time again next week.

Getting a bit glazey here and there, we need some snow.

elfriede was a legend.

when we hired a chef (who hadnt worked in the canyon before) a couple years ago, he did a tasting in the summer. it was really tasty but a bit complex. after one of the new menu ideas was served, she said, "you need to remember that ski bums are making this. making it complicated isn't going to work. they are here to ski." that dish was nixed.
    Last edited by Lone Star; 12-07-2020 at 04:35 PM.

^ Did you boot the skinner? lol true Wasatch Style jk.

Brutah - hit me up if you want to get after it, ill be at Alta and SB starting tomorrow and probably through the weekend unless the climbing gods decide to entrance me...

Also - Free to Mag home here... LMK i can probably deliver or meet up if any of you guys want.

Wintersteiger Iron and Ski Mender with extra Sticks
    CAMP XLC Rears to turn your crampons into full Semi
    Dynstar Lange Banner (its like 15 x 3?) - Got wall space? Need a partition? Kool Aid Man ruin your wall?
    TLT 7 Crampon Adapter Kit (not pictured

Attachment 351007Attachment 351008Attachment 351009
    Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    They lost a lot of money closing in mid-march last year. I’m guessing they’re hoping to just stay open and make a little money.

Snowbird still stepping it up, mask enforcement, outdoor portapotties, well spaced minimal lines. I only waited in a line at Zoom all day today, every other lift was one or two groups or ski on. Gad 2 opened today, but Election only. Upper bypass road is a first come first served parking area, they had signs claiming to have your QR ready but nobody there to scan. Heard from a parking person that it’s the one loophole in the reservation situation. Preferred parking is going back to 2:00 time again next week.

Getting a bit glazey here and there, we need some snow.

Also - Free to Mag home here... LMK i can probably deliver or meet up if any of you guys want.

Wintersteiger Iron and Ski Mender with extra Sticks
    CAMP XLC Rears to turn your crampons into full Semi
    Dynstar Lange Banner (its like 15 x 3?) - Got wall space? Need a partition? Kool Aid Man ruin your wall?
    TLT 7 Crampon Adapter Kit (not pictured

Attachment 351007Attachment 351008Attachment 351009
    D-Roc I will take that iron and ptex gun good sir! ETA I will take my skeeze to mallwalker for ptexings.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Heard from a parking person that it’s the one loophole in the reservation situation.
    Ze poophole loophole!

Bob, how did the bird feeder make it through quarantine @ thespot? I still have half a rack of seed.

Headed up with my (not so) grom today for zoomer groomers and high speed social distancing via volkl mantras. Look for the guy having the most fun that'll be me!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

^Sorry HTFB, everyting has been take aside from the banner (still up for grabs btw)

Tooled around between Snowbird and Alta over the weekend, Saturday was markedly better than Sunday, 330 PM Sunday everything got skiddy haha.
    You took too much man, too much, too much

Good times are coming....

Name:  814prcp.new.gif
Views: 977
Size:  44.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by wasatch_carpetbagger View Post
    Good times are coming....

Name:  814prcp.new.gif
Views: 977
Size:  44.2 KB
    You can’t ski a forecast. It has to be on the ground first.

And the forecast ain’t even that good at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    You can’t ski a forecast. It has to be on the ground first.

And the forecast ain’t even that good at this point.
    Truer words may have never been spoken. I never counted it til it fell. Its fun the dream though eh?

Name:	IMG_0424.JPG 
Views:	129 
Size:	389.8 KB 
ID:	351764

Kooks gonna kook

Name:	IMG_0421.JPG 
Views:	139 
Size:	370.7 KB 
ID:	351765

there's some hoes in this house