Page 147 of 170 FirstFirst ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,675 of 4250
    UAC intern applications due Sat. May 5.

This can be a great opportunity for young maggots. Check it out on UAC Instagram bio or website
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Girlfriend lost her ski at Alta this season. Learned a lesson that runaway ski takes priority over a clearly fine but fallen skier. Ski went over a ridge then where the heck anyone knows. Looked around for quite a while but no dice. Luckily it turned up a couple weeks later.
    Last edited by Shaaarrrp; 06-03-2021 at 10:48 AM.

Anyone interested in slogging out to a N facing line in the Uintas this weekend? Everyone I know is saying their ski season is over but I refuse to go down without a fight.

On another note; at the bottom of Phone 3 shot at Snowbird, there's a decent looking yellow 180cm. Soul 7 sticking in the snow. Might be in Public Safety by now.

My daughter and I will be heading to SLC next week (17-20) for USA Climbing regionals. We'll be sleeping in our van and I'm looking for a place to park it. We're self-sufficient and would stay out of the way.

Also, any recommendations for hikes or other stuff to do with a 9 year old would be appreciated. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    My daughter and I will be heading to SLC next week (17-20) for USA Climbing regionals. We'll be sleeping in our van and I'm looking for a place to park it. We're self-sufficient and would stay out of the way.

Also, any recommendations for hikes or other stuff to do with a 9 year old would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Live in Layton but your welcome. Good hikes up at basin and powder mtn. Let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

I live on a busy street in Salt Lake city, but you're also more than welcome to crash our place. There's great hiking in the cottonwoods and in Millcreek

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

No place to park at my new residence, or I would tell you to have at it.

There are plenty of fun local hikes, local climbing crags, etc. The zoo or the natural history museum would both be fun with a 9 year old. I would see if there's anything to do at the Utah Olympic Park or Camp Woodward that catches your eye. It's been hot as balls lately. I've been trying to put my kids (oldest is 6) in a pool if we are out in the middle of the day.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    your welcome to park your rig in the drive at the mouth of the little on a dead end st
    use the facilities entertain sheldon pups mooch a sups whatever
    Thanksgivings Points and the dino museums been a hit with the youngens that visit
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    your welcome to park your rig in the drive at the mouth of the little on a dead end st
    use the facilities entertain sheldon pups mooch a sups whatever
    Thanksgivings Points and the dino museums been a hit with the youngens that visit
    This is probably the offer I'd take OP.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Thanks everyone. I'll send some PM's here in a minute.

Late to the game, but we have a flat driveway and live on a somewhat quiet street that you'd be welcome to use if needed. We're in SW Millcreek, aka Murray

driveway in sandy w access to backyard patio w trampoline, grill, etc. will point you in the right direction for kids stuff but you'll have to take my 9 and 11 year old boys w you guys on outings. they're driving my work-from-home wife crazy so far this summer

Quote Originally Posted by criscam View Post
    driveway in sandy w access to backyard patio w trampoline, grill, etc. will point you in the right direction for kids stuff but you'll have to take my 9 and 11 year old boys w you guys on outings. they're driving my work-from-home wife crazy so far this summer
    seems fair for a place to crash, but man Sheldon is so much easier to deal with than 2 kids, so im sticking with my original suggestion that they crash at SFB's spot...

Obviously no offense to you. I'm sure you're spots cherry too. Sandy was a nice spot for us.

I just learned that mountain goats were introduced to Utah from Washington starting in 1967, and the state DWR to this day is working to bring mountain goats into all the big mountain ranges in the state.

https://wildlife.utah.gov/pdf/bg/mtn_goat_plan.pdf

"Mountain goats currently inhabit several mountain ranges in Utah including numerous peaksalong the Wasatch Front, Uinta Mountains, Tushar Mountains, and La Sal Mountains (Figure 1).All current populations are the result of introductions; the first of which occurred in 1967 when 6mountain goats (2 billies, 4 nannies) were released in the Lone Peak area (Table 1). WithinUtah, 30 separate transplant events have occurred and 276 mountain goats have been released.Initial transplants used mountain goats from Olympic National Park in Washington as the sourceherd. After those transplanted herds became established, they became source herds for futuretransplants. The Tushar Mountains population has been the most common Utah source herdbecause of its rapidly growing population and relative ease of accessibility. The number ofmountain goats in Utah had generally increased from 1967 to 2011 reaching nearly 2,100animals; since that time, the estimated number of mountain goats in Utah has decreased andstabilized at approximately 1,900 animals (Figure 2)."

Why are they doing this?

"Mountain goats personify the high lonesome reaches of western North America. Goats areadapted to live in the highest, coldest, snowiest and most precipitous reaches of our classicwestern mountain ranges. The image of a solitary goat on a ridiculously narrow rock ledge on aseemingly inaccessible cliff is one that once seen is never forgotten. For over 50 years, UDWRhas carefully managed Utah’s mountain goat populations so herds are productive and balancedwith available habitat. UDWR plans to continue this management approach, while alsoestablishing new mountain goat populations where possible. This will allow UDWR to expandboth hunting and viewing opportunities for mountain goats while ensuring their long-termviability in Utah."

So.. just because they look cool and are fun to hunt..

Utah is a weird place. I moved here from the Olympic area where they are working to eradicate all of their goats because they are destructive in a non-native environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    I just learned that mountain goats were introduced to Utah from Washington starting in 1967, and the state DWR to this day is working to bring mountain goats into all the big mountain ranges in the state.

Utah is a weird place. I moved here from the Olympic area where they are working to eradicate all of their goats because they are destructive in a non-native environment.
    And they were introduced to the Olympics because
    they look cool and are fun to hunt..

Goats are boring. DWR needs to introduce more bisons, now that will make hiking and mountain biking more exciting. Keeping an eye on the lumbering fuckers while riding Antelope Island jank is always fun but a bit too tame, I want to see how it works when some shuttling sap rear ends one on the Crest.

Looks cool/fun to hunt is why all of us got into skiing powder, nothing wrong with that.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

what happened up at alta? looked like SAR in the snow from their IG, we heard the heli going up from the bird (which is an absurdly nice place to bring a kid in the summer, unrelatedly)

hope nothing too bad… main chute gotta be getting bony tho

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    what happened up at alta? looked like SAR in the snow from their IG, we heard the heli going up from the bird (which is an absurdly nice place to bring a kid in the summer, unrelatedly)

hope nothing too bad… main chute gotta be getting bony tho
    Skier went for a ride on main chute. Clipped a rock at the choke and went for a tumble. Is she's lucky she will be getting in some mellow spring turns next season.

Her party said it was her first time backcountry skiing. Ugh.
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

Quote Originally Posted by sfotex View Post
    Is she's lucky she will be getting in some mellow spring turns next season.

That doesn't sound good.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Best of luck to the hurt skier, and Muy thanks to Sfotex and the Salt LakeCounty SAR team

oof

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    and here i was thinkin being dragged up butler aspen in a blizzard on snow shoes wearing a fart bag with skis and boots on my back sucked
    shell either quit or become hardcore
    good to see ya thanks fer stoppin by and all you sarcats do
    will take grommets fishin soon
    least i can do
    at the risk of gittins the bird cunters panties in a wrong thread bind again heres some belated fish lake nf stoke
    sat in the car while the winds howled questioning the suk to pleasure ratios and well yeah safetys stuffs

skinned up the grooms past the newest second homes mcmansions

out da gate

up towards

sumtimes what looks good from far....

been our experiances that once that skinner goes from trench to elavated track
    well

looked back on the stuffs we pow slayed 2 days before didnt suk and thankfully the winds died

A solo tourer came up
    nice guy trip z might know him Otown paramedic or nurse trolled pt at the basin
    wed watched his 2 young rippin freehealed daughters pilferins the point pow friday and applauded their efforts
    he was gonna head up holly to test the elevated skin track theory
    i guess while we weres fly flingin saturday the winds knucked pretty good and stripped city creek peak
    we decided to low angle luv where the pows may haz ended
    suknot

it did
    looked up and our new friend doug maybe??
    had bailed on the wind jacked and was gittin sum

never sucks to watch strong skiers perform their crafts

he threw in a sweet skinner and we headed up for another lap

second lap didnt suck to the point of not stoppins for pics
    werent sure how far we dropped but threw the time for glop stop skins on and came out perfectly

sheldons was butthuts bout bein left but rolled in the snow and gots over it quick

detoured home went back to minersville
    bent the whippy sticks exercisin slimers

and drove back to the satch
    tried to make it a point to go back

but stuff happened
    props 2 them for the uphill access to a cool bc gate
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Skier went for a ride on main chute. Clipped a rock at the choke and went for a tumble. Is she's lucky she will be getting in some mellow spring turns next season.

Oh man, brutal.

Lost a hiker on Raymond today. Older guy. He had summited it around 70 times with his partner that survived.
    The poor guy that survived was a wreck. He was in the front and heard a yell and looked back and his buddy was rag- dolling into Mill A. You never know when your time is up...
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.