Page 14 of 170 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    If anyone is/was at PC today please report, I got a reservation for tomorrow but not sure if its worth it
    I went this afternoon - it was nice skiing out off saddleback. 1 blue run, but no lift lines at all.

I would go in the AM - by the time I got there it was p scraped off. Groomer was probably nice earlier on.

Gonna try again early on sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    Man the snow off piste looks heinous. and the forecast
    and yea - I ritually check the 8-14 day outlook in the afternoon. Its been so bad lately. I may have to take up meditating.

Name:  814prcp.new.gif
Views: 1538
Size:  43.9 KB

Holy moly, this does not sound good
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FBC68088-AA75-4C14-873F-2C8ABB02593E.png 
Views:	143 
Size:	417.2 KB 
ID:	349024

Does this cast doubt upon solitude’s season? Second paragraph third sentence scares me
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FBC68088-AA75-4C14-873F-2C8ABB02593E.png 
Views:	143 
Size:	417.2 KB 
ID:	349024

Does this cast doubt upon solitude’s season? Second paragraph third sentence scares me
    Man, fuck 2020. Its gonna push the demand on to the other resorts too, all when terrain and snow is so limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    If anyone is/was at PC today please report, I got a reservation for tomorrow but not sure if its worth it
    . No lines at 11am this morning, tomorrow will be a shitshow. I’d go late, after everyone has taken their 10 runs and gone home. Yeah, it’s man-made mank, but it skis fast and it’s fun

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post

Is anyone confident that Utah will have a full lift-served ski season?

Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    Is anyone confident that Utah will have a full lift-served ski season?
    There are hundreds of thousands of vaccine doses already made, just waiting for approval to be used after testing. Results on efficacy of multiple vaccine are more encouraging than previously thought. https://abc7news.com/pfizer-vaccine-...speed/7912068/ that says pfizer hopes to have 50 million doses by the end of 2020, and that's just one of several apparently viable vaccines. somewhere between 1-200 million doses by january or february should make for a far more normal spring.

Yes, while I wouldn't say I'm confident, I feel my hope is not completely delusional.

Besides, I got a free ikon pass because this place fucking awesome and ya know what, ULLR just isn't going to play me like that.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Got a buddy who has a few season passes. Went to use a day at park city yesterday. Like many season pass holders who shoot over for a few runs, he figured wtf. Got in line, there wasn't really a line, and was denied as he didn't make a reservation. No lines and they still pulled that? Doesn't sound like an "unrestricted" pass with "no blackout" dates. He's not happy.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Got a buddy who has a few season passes. Went to use a day at park city yesterday. Like many season pass holders who shoot over for a few runs, he figured wtf. Got in line, there wasn't really a line, and was denied as he didn't make a reservation. No lines and they still pulled that? Doesn't sound like an "unrestricted" pass with "no blackout" dates. He's not happy.

What kind of rock has your buddy been living under for the past three months? Does he live in fucking New Jersey or something?

Rules is rules. Trying to limit the number of people on the hill with such limited terrain available. I’m sure that the number of people who could make reservations for yesterday or say through 1 December will be a lot different from the number of people who can make reservations in February. I never really understand why people who know about the rules Just try to ignore them
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    okay roj
    why u why u gotta do me like dat

b heads open with 16" base and 2 lifts and 6 runs
    not sure of reservations there
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    What kind of rock has your buddy been living under for the past three months? Does he live in fucking New Jersey or something?
    Basically what I'm told him. Don't know what he was thinking buying like 4 passes this year. He lives directly in Park City which makes it even funnier to me. He's bashing Vail

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    vaccines
    if you can hand out vaccines at the door of the Snowpine and Tram Club to all the returning seasonals living in communal housing who are partying there every night....

Quote Originally Posted by skidog
    he didn't make a reservation. No lines and they still pulled that? Doesn't sound like an "unrestricted" pass with "no blackout" dates. He's not happy.
    punch your friend in the nuts and tell him to get fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    if you can hand out vaccines at the door of the Snowpine and Tram Club to all the returning seasonals living in communal housing who are partying there every night....
    Beer and a shot special!

The tram club is going to be the biggest super spreading site in LCC. There’s plenty of emps up here who’d rather get shit housed than ski. It’s always surprised me why they didn’t move to a place with an actual party scene but they’re here every year, different faces same people. IMHO they’re the biggest beaters in the canyon. There’s very little chance that the Governor shuts down the ski season but there’s a much higher chance that there won’t be enough emps to run the place from all the behavior and attitude I’m seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    The tram club is going to be the biggest super spreading site in LCC. There’s plenty of emps up here who’d rather get shit housed than ski. It’s always surprised me why they didn’t move to a place with an actual party scene but they’re here every year, different faces same people. IMHO they’re the biggest beaters in the canyon. There’s very little chance that the Governor shuts down the ski season but there’s a much higher chance that there won’t be enough emps to run the place from all the behavior and attitude I’m seeing.
    God damn it. I try to convince myself that I am just being a pessimist and then i hear what you and tbatt have to say. and see insta stories from the cool kids, at the brewery downtown hanging out with their masks all on the tables next to their phones.

God damn it. I try to convince myself that I am just being a pessimist and then i hear what you and tbatt have to say. and see insta stories from the cool kids, at the brewery downtown hanging out with their masks all on the tables next to their phones.
    Nothing cool about those kids.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by thebear View Post
    Nothing cool about those kids.
    bu-bu-but are you... sure? They wear Pit Vipers!

WASATCH STOKE, CONDITIONS, OBSERVATIONS and ASSORTED DRIVAL 20-21

Keep LCC Pit Viper Free!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0818.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	189.8 KB 
ID:	349134

My lady and I were wondering, does the entire GMD consist of a “household” is banging OK if you only bang those in your lodge? So many questions....

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Phall. The amount of work that is gone into determining this has been a little crazy and has involved a lot of conversations with the Health Department, the hospital system, the mayor and town council, and other lodges.

According to the resolution that expires Monday, banging in another room would be not kosher. Right now every apartment is its own household. 1 or 2 in an apartment. If all the seasonals moved in today, each dorm style room would be its own household. The idea is, if it's all one household and people go about acting that way, one infection could put the entire staff down for 10-14 days. There has been a lot of emphasis on the "pod" idea where people work and eat in the same small group so that if there is an exposure you only take out a small chunk. The governor has said he will not extend the household restriction, and lodges in town are still trying to wrap their heads around the situation before the big mass of employees shows up to work in a couple weeks.

Of course, what the whole world is finding out is that no matter how good of a job you do containing people's exposure at work, the big variable is how they are going to act on their own time.

So far in town it hasn't been encouraging. They can and will just go to the Tram Club and Snowpine.

There has been a lot of emphasis on the "pod" idea where people work and eat in the same small group so that if there is an exposure you only take out a small chunk.
    Send one pod of (I guess your only) finest single ladies to the buckhorn plz.

Interview between Mike Maughan and Dr. Pete.
    12:00 is probably the most important point of the whole talk.

Last edited by tBatt; 11-21-2020 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post

Skidog no offense but your buddy clearly is an idiot

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yeah, we were mostly joking around

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Poor Maughn. What would Onno do?

On the other hand, I am sure Snowbasin is super dialed. Starting with just Needles is surely a solid move.