Page 156 of 170 FirstFirst ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... LastLast
Results 3,876 to 3,900 of 4250
    Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    ^Huh?

People will be still be staying in PC for the amenities, I’d even think people who wouldn’t normally stay there would if there was easy access to BCC/LCC.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If you can build a lift system that does not need to be constructed on PCMR land than I guess you can do it. But if you have to traverse PCMR / Canyons I would not expect Vail to participate unless you did some kind of eminent domain.

Good point. Is any portion of Park City or Canyons on leased federal land (i.e. National Forest or BLM land)? From my map search, it doesn't appear so. So any kind of interconnect lift system would be mostly on private land, but paid for by taxpayers?

Has anyone brought up that UDOT did the EIS and they are also the contractor for any road improvements. Church lady says how convenient.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Follow the money. Don't even think a second that neidenhoser snowbird udot all have hands in the cookie jar. Why do you think the La Caille option trumped the LCC park and ride. Because someone is getting a big payout.

Let's retrace all the failed options. One Wasatch. Ski link. MTN accord And others I can't recall
    How much money has been thrown at this problem over the years.

Now our best option is a taxpayer funded UDOT controlled option?? Or a Gondi that slaps save our canyons in the face.

Remember all the uproar about ski link. Where are those people now?

Last edited by F#*k you cat; 07-15-2021 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Good point. Is any portion of Park City or Canyons on leased federal land (i.e. National Forest or BLM land)? From my map search, it doesn't appear so. So any kind of interconnect lift system would be mostly on private land, but paid for by taxpayers?
    PC leases a tiny fraction of their land from the FS, most is private. All of DV land is owned by Alterra, so if there ever were to be a gondy from PC to BCC it would probably be on Alterra land, who would be more interested in connecting PC lodging to Ikon resorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    PC leases a tiny fraction of their land from the FS, most is private. All of DV land is owned by Alterra, so if there ever were to be a gondy from PC to BCC it would probably be on Alterra land, who would be more interested in connecting PC lodging to Ikon resorts.
    Actually I think DV leases their land from Extell and is not owned by Alterra. Regardless, why do so many people think that a lift link between PC and BCC would alleviate a lot of the traffic. Most of the people staying in PC ski in PC and do not drive to BCC.

Quote Originally Posted by F#*k you cat View Post
    Why do you think the La Caille option trumped the LCC park and ride. Because someone is getting a big payout.
    In the original EIS UDOT evaluated multiple other base station/parking locations in the 210/209/Wasatch triangle. They all failed to get through the screening process because they failed to reduce congestion on 210/209/Wasatch. That's how they ended up with no parking at the P&R base station in the original gondola concept. Then the La Caille option comes up and somehow sails right through.

"somehow sail right through". Money to be made.

I’d like to see an analysis of where the cars are coming from that drive up the canyon.

What percentage are from salt lake county that need 210 to get up the canyon

What percentage are from utah county that would be better served by a new resort up AF/SF or even a road up AF to MB?

What percentage are from Wasatch/summit counties that would be better served by a resort up ant knoll, a ski link, or a road to AF that connects to MB?

What percent come from out of town that could be diverted to something like ski link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by new yabyum View Post
    "somehow sail right through". Money to be made.
    Yeah, I guess I needed the sarcasm font. Remember, the government of this state wants to restore Utah Lake by allowing developers to build houses on artificial islands in the middle of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 123ski View Post
    I’d like to see an analysis of where the cars are coming from that drive up the canyon.

What percentage are from utah county that would be better served by a new resort up AF/SF or even a road up AF to MB?

What percentage are from Wasatch/summit counties that would be better served by a resort up ant knoll, a ski link, or a road to AF that connects to MB?

What percent come from out of town that could be diverted to something like ski link?

If this data exists it's in the EIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Yeah, I guess I needed the sarcasm font. Remember, the government of this state wants to restore Utah Lake by allowing developers to build houses on artificial islands in the middle of it.
    If this data exists it's in the EIS.
    I don’t think they measured it, which means the EIS is incomplete

Measuring that would involve asking every driver where they live, or scanning plates. That is no excuse, the information is a prerequisite for properly understanding the problem, but if it turns out not to have been done I’m not going to be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    Measuring that would involve asking every driver where they live, or scanning plates. That is no excuse, the information is a prerequisite for properly understanding the problem, but if it turns out not to have been done I’m not going to be surprised.
    I’m going to leave a new comment about this and probably write to governor again bringing this up

Quote Originally Posted by 123ski View Post

This.
    Thanks.
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Dug up this graphic from a MtnAccord report:

Name:  MtnAcrd_Transp_Capture.JPG
Views: 410
Size:  89.0 KB

Much of it was based on the Mtn Transportation Study. (2012) I'd guess there are more Summit County trips to the Cottonwoods now with the Icon pass. UDOT points to these previous studies, and doesn't include a broad transportation analysis. Kind of surprised they don't really get into it in the cumulative impacts chapter. Anyway, this narrow scope is a common complaint, but the piecemeal approach has better odds of getting through all this to implementation.

MtnAccord started to look at this. Snowbird had a boner for it until they woke the sleeping dragon down in Utah Valley. Check out Protect and Preserve American Fork Canyon on fb.

Quote Originally Posted by JKnight View Post
    Dug up this graphic from a MtnAccord report:

Name:  MtnAcrd_Transp_Capture.JPG
Views: 410
Size:  89.0 KB

Much of it was based on the Mtn Transportation Study. (2012) I'd guess there are more Summit County trips to the Cottonwoods now with the Icon pass. UDOT points to these previous studies, and doesn't include a broad transportation analysis. Kind of surprised they don't really get into it in the cumulative impacts chapter. Anyway, this narrow scope is a common complaint, but the piecemeal approach has better odds of getting through all this to implementation.

MtnAccord started to look at this. Snowbird had a boner for it until they woke the sleeping dragon down in Utah Valley. Check out Protect and Preserve American Fork Canyon on fb.
    I bet this also includes the large number of cottonwood canyon visitors that originate their transport at the Salt Lake City airport - technically salt lake county, but may be amenable to staying elsewhere if it had access to those resorts.

Quote Originally Posted by F#*k you cat View Post
    Remember all the uproar about ski link. Where are those people now?
    Priced out of the market.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Priced out of the market.
    I blame IKON

Quote Originally Posted by JKnight View Post
    Check out Protect and Preserve American Fork Canyon on fb.
    That guy is such a kook I feel sorry for him. When the Tibble Fork blowout happened he was trying to claim that there were astronomical levels of heavy metals in the released sediments and UDEQ was engaged in a conspiracy to cover it up. Except, he didn't realize that he was looking at UDEQ sample results that were reported in ug/kg and comparing them screening levels that were in mg/kg, so the metals concentrations in the sediment samples were 1,000x lower than he thought they were.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    while my mine expertise is limited to a friend that owns one and a bit of reading
    im super skeptical of bros widening the road will create the mother of all mega superfund sites claim
    seems to me if there was a lot of shit to be mined road side
    why would they bother humpin shit up the emmas or davenport black bess etc
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    That guy is such a kook I feel sorry for him. When the Tibble Fork blowout happened he was trying to claim that there were astronomical levels of heavy metals in the released sediments and UDEQ was engaged in a conspiracy to cover it up. Except, he didn't realize that he was looking at UDEQ sample results that were reported in ug/kg and comparing them screening levels that were in mg/kg, so the metals concentrations in the sediment samples were 1,000x lower than he thought they were.
    What in the world is a ug anyways? I thought this was America!

"Salt Lake County Mayor Jenny Wilson this week spoke out against a gondola and said she favored the bus route. The gondola option isn't "flexible enough," the mayor told The Salt Lake Tribune's editorial board, and she noted people will have to be bused anyway to the gondola's base station.

"I question whether we need a public investment to support two ski resorts," Wilson told the Tribune. "... Might we be better off to just work with the Forest Service to put in some limits and accept that there's 10 days a year when the snow is really coming down, the risk is too high and we just close the resorts? That, to me, is a better alternative."

She's right. IMO it should be more than that: Put limits on access to LCC at the base, close the canyon a lot more often than 10 days, and THEN consider widening the road for a bus lane is my opinion. And have the town of Alta/SB build a 24 hour clinic for medical emergencies (does this already exist?), and let the ski areas and business deal with the THEIR problem of employees getting stuck up there. The hotels are already built with rooms for this. So make SB/Alta more self sufficient, put road workers in less danger, make shit more rugged and remote NOT more accessible and friendly.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    jen should be more worried about how much monies lettin her po po sic their dogs on unarmed compliant suspects is gonna cost her city and yeah maybe a few homeless peeps issues
    can she even see the canyon from her office or even shed the sik gnars
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I said it before. Ask yourself who stands to gain? Gond =i Snowbird reason= Olympics plus the land holders at La Caille.

Road widening UDOT. Plus Wadsworth construction or who ever wins the bidding process.

As a skier I just want to recreate in our public land.