Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 4250
    May see you out there tomorrow 😊

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    wents fer a walk outs the pows mows to the brim trail bluff as im callin it
    cause it aint much of a peak

found an old skinner

soon became the leave no trace elevated skinner

cool views

gonna make it over to earls gold shitters and my solo smokin ganjola ride one of these days

mix bag of meh snow condition wise milked a few turns off the bluff

anything in the flats with any kinda slab present was probbably gonna crack or collapse
    although protected pockets of reconstituted pow on facets were present

thought i could free heal skin ski out the off the village lift cause ive done it at soli
    was wrong and bunny fucked the dismount and did not stick the landins
    good gittin out reguardess
    stay safe
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Not the Wasatch but does anyone have any backcountry beta and recent snow conditions around Eagle point resort? Looking for some adventure touring next week. Thanks

Alta was delightfully uncrowded today (prob bc of the Ikon base blackout). Got 2nd chair on Collins and then lapped wildcat over and over.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alta_2021_0116_r4.jpg 
Views:	1233 
Size:	156.1 KB 
ID:	358250

WASATCH STOKE, CONDITIONS, OBSERVATIONS and ASSORTED DRIVAL 20-21

Quote Originally Posted by wasatch_carpetbagger View Post
    Alta was delightfully uncrowded today (prob bc of the Ikon base blackout). Got 2nd chair on Collins and then lapped wildcat over and over.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alta_2021_0116_r4.jpg 
Views:	1233 
Size:	156.1 KB 
ID:	358250
    Bird was the same. Nice not to fight lines.
    Last edited by EWG; 01-16-2021 at 06:12 PM.

Beautiful day for a walk, a bbq and a few laps through funland on the touring gear

Way better than expected IMO

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hitting Brighton for the first time tomorrow. Don’t know the drill. Do I have to worry about getting a parking spot? What time do I have to roll up to be safe?

Ikon blackout has crowds pretty mellow. Be at the mouth by 745? Could prolly get away with a bit later all things considered

Rolled by the bottom of bcc at~820 this am, was limited traffic going that way

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Not sure exactly on brighton, but solitudes lot didn't even fill up today. I started up canyon at prob like 930 with minimal traffic, so aside from brighton parking, there shouldn't be much of an issue.

Conditions update from 10600'

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Not much better at 11400 either

Some good turns were had, but boy is it looking bleak

Best ski tuning shop near Murray? TIA

Hope to make some turns w some mags if it starts snowing....new to the area

Damn Brutah, that's some serious talus munching you got into! I've skied Long John a few times this year and it's been consistently good but the stuff around is barely covered enough to travel through on skins, let alone ski. How was the S facing skiing? Was thinking about sniffing around a similar aspect to the east but getting to the ridge turned out to be problematic and I gave up.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Ventured into greens, ended up skiing meadows as there is not enough snow in greens to cover the stumps. 45cm of snow total just ese facing off peak 9699. Bleak for sure

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shaaarrrp View Post
    Best ski tuning shop near Murray? TIA

Hope to make some turns w some mags if it starts snowing....new to the area
    Level nine Millcreek or lone pine gear exchange

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Love these Ikon blackout weekends! Minimal lines at the Bird, even with 25 person trams it was only a one boat wait. Feels good to be riding the tram again, I’ve been avoiding it all season so far. Looks like everyone else is avoiding it, one of the benefits of being in the herd.

Damn we need snow!

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Damn we need snow!
    Looks like November of an average year out there.
    Before in area snowmaking a year like this would cost one several pairs of skis.
    Nowadays we get all excited about 2" of high density.
    Politics, eh?
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    Looks like November of an average year out there.
    Before in area snowmaking a year like this would cost one several pairs of skis.
    Nowadays we get all excited about 2" of high density.
    Politics, eh?
    Brighton today was like late April. Skiing slush between grass patches. Pretty rough times.

So for a *hypothetical* crowded powder day that lands on a Saturday at Alta (trying not to jinx us here), I have my morning routine down for getting an early Collins chair.

The question: off that first run, is my best bet:
    1) sidestepping up to yellowtail / greeley and skiing down to supreme 4 Catherine's? Assuming that sunnyside acts as a choke point splitting people between supreme and sugarloaf?
    OR
    2) just ski something off the traverse and head for wildcat? I do love westward ho on a powder day...
    OR
    3) some idea im not thinking of???

So for a *hypothetical* crowded powder day that lands on a Saturday at Alta (trying not to jinx us here), I have my morning routine down for getting an early Collins chair.

1) sidestepping up to yellowtail / greeley and skiing down to supreme 4 Catherine's? Assuming that sunnyside acts as a choke point splitting people between supreme and sugarloaf?
    OR
    2) just ski something off the traverse and head for wildcat? I do love westward ho on a powder day...
    Both decent plans, but you are surely not the only one with those plans..

I too love "da ho" on a pow day, but if you're looking to maximize it's likely not a great choice. Grab a few runs there early before it's mostly gone.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

OR
    OR
    3) some idea im not thinking of???

Devil's elbow, crooked mile and Vail ridge. That's my game plan for Alta on a pow day. No one skis those runs on pow days and you can lap fresh tracks all day! Plus Vail ridge had the best pillow lines in all of LCC.

BE A HERO. Ski devil's elbow to alf's and then side step to the top of crooked mile. No one does it anymore but it's the best 1-2 punch going and all the old school ski bums with thank you later at the bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Damn Brutah, that's some serious talus munching you got into! I've skied Long John a few times this year and it's been consistently good but the stuff around is barely covered enough to travel through on skins, let alone ski. How was the S facing skiing? Was thinking about sniffing around a similar aspect to the east but getting to the ridge turned out to be problematic and I gave up.
    South facing skied okay, but was taking a beating from the sun when we got to our second run around noon. We were looking for a smooth crust to enjoy the two inches and this slopes were smooth haha. More of a walk than a ski tour tbh but at least the views were nice