Page 18 of 58 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by boardtodeath View Post
    So, uh... Does this mean that all days showing on the parking site as sold out are 100% full for the season? Like, every weekend day is booked until march. I was under the assumption that they would slowly make more spots available for reservation, but given this article and some other stuff I found it sounds like maybe they've released all the spots available?

Because if so, fuuuuuuu

https://unofficialnetworks.com/2020/...wbird-parking/
    Jesus. I thought it was blocked until the new year. Fuck. I am going to have to build bot to watch for cancellations and then sign me up or this AltaBird pass is just an Alta pass I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiktaalik View Post
    Jesus. I thought it was blocked until the new year. Fuck. I am going to have to build bot to watch for cancellations and then sign me up or this AltaBird pass is just an Alta pass I guess.
    Park at alta and ski to bird. Reverse at day's end or grab the bus/shuttle back to alta.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

^^^ I am an Alta skier and I approve this plan. Hell you can probably even take an empty bus down to the tram center.

yeesh. this thread is bumming me out. I'm ready to give up on resort season and move to Silverton and just do backcountry this year.

Solitude started blowing snow last night. Looks like they are concentrating on the lower mountain at this point.
    Gravity Junkie

How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Mudfoot View Post
    Solitude started blowing snow last night. Looks like they are concentrating on the lower mountain at this point.
    Is there any semblance of a Moonbeam WROD or we looking at patchy dirt at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by fantastic_damage View Post
    Is there any semblance of a Moonbeam WROD or we looking at patchy dirt at this point?
    There is some natural coverage, but not much. There are "illegal" tracks on Sunshine, Sundancer and Main Street. I'd guess they'll have Main Street and Moonbeam covered with enough to have the usual Apex/Moonbeam lifts spinning by the end of the month.
    Gravity Junkie

How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all?

Would anybody give me a hard time for skinning up Home Run at Park City after 6pm? I'm thinking about taking my GF up there tonight for her first time skinning. It looks like its technically now allowed until 12/15 but I'm seeing people online doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by fantastic_damage View Post
    relax. last saturday when i picked up the wife's pass and as stated, now blowing snow down low

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	turn-on-the-guns.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	171.2 KB 
ID:	349728

Didnt see this posted yet, some good insights in here:

https://snowbrains.com/the-snowbrain...4UjFt22yh_riEI

In park city for a turkey day weekend, any good 🍁 in the area?

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    So possibly headed to UT third week of January. Of course nothing is settled what with the pandemic and all.

My woman and her friend are taking a free ride camp at Alta with Kristen Ulmer. I and friends spouse are tagging along. Any guidance on places to stay and discounts on tickets for me and the other guy?

Me, reformed telemarker and terminal beater other guy former WC tele skier and general skiing bad ass.

Any help is appreciated and will be rewarded with beer if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    youve been pm'd

Sent from a van down by the river
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by Piggity View Post
    In park city for a turkey day weekend, any good in the area?
    U2

Sent from a van down by the river
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Apologies for the tangent but... is Park City Brewery done brewing beer? Loved the Pilsner but haven't seen it around in a couple of months...
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Quote Originally Posted by TheK12 View Post
    Apologies for the tangent but... is Park City Brewery done brewing beer? Loved the Pilsner but haven't seen it around in a couple of months...
    The last I heard they were searching for a new place to brew, but that was back in the spring. Too bad, that imperial pilsner is friggin' delicious.

They were recently sold. A new Beer pub is in the works where Storm Cycles used to be in Redstone. Not sure of whether things are moving slowly like everything else in 2020.
    “A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.”
    ― Milton Friedman

They were “brewing” out of shades last I heard but I think they may be done, haven’t heard or seen anything in awhile. Another rumor was they were going to put something in in Kimball

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

A buddy of mine recently invested $100K in the company, so I hope they are not done. I think that PC Brewing is different from that scam artist who was recently arrested for a brewery related scheme in PC.
    “A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.”
    ― Milton Friedman

Quote Originally Posted by getoutside View Post
    relax. last saturday when i picked up the wife's pass and as stated, now blowing snow down low
    yeah, it's VERY low tide down there, esp the bottom of Main St, which is a rock garden. Confirmed they have been blowing snow all day. If they can keep it going, it's conceivable we could have an opening soon. yay, Slowitude! We need Mo'Na to throw down a couple/6 feet and all this piddly bitchin will dissolve.

Been shredding cord at Brighton each morning and for the first hour it's OK. 10 am comes and hordes start crushing. Had an extremely close call w an out of control teen on a board this morning, got to the line at Crest where the maskless hordes had lined up and we bailed at 1025. It's been good to session the cord tho.

WASATCH STOKE, CONDITIONS, OBSERVATIONS and ASSORTED DRIVAL 20-21

Quote Originally Posted by Mudfoot View Post
    There is some natural coverage, but not much. There are "illegal" tracks on Sunshine, Sundancer and Main Street. I'd guess they'll have Main Street and Moonbeam covered with enough to have the usual Apex/Moonbeam lifts spinning by the end of the month.
    Years ago, we used to do an annual trip to Soli at Thanksgiving...stayed at the Inn...ate at Silver Fork (kids loved the meatloaf...lol). Those trips were always a good start to the season, and luckily had good coverage the years we went...

glad we didn’t plan a reunion tour this winter....lol.

Alta is blowing hard, pretty good coverage and its definitely low tide but skills in aversion are all time...

Beast Coast conditions for the most part, with soft nooks, feels like being home again in VT lol
    You took too much man, too much, too much

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    Didnt see this posted yet, some good insights in here:

https://snowbrains.com/the-snowbrain...4UjFt22yh_riEI
    thanks for sharing, going to give it a listen to on the hangboard!
    You took too much man, too much, too much

This was pointed out to me today and I figured I should drop it in here: https://www.leecanyonlv.com/plan-you...eserve-parking

The Lee Canyon parking reservation page is up and it's basically a copy+paste of the Bachelor and Snowbird pages, except for the nice little tidbit at the end

"Season pass holder parking will be given priority & daily ticket parking admission may be adjusted to favor availability for passholders."

Fuckin' a, Powdr.

^^^

Lee canyon is tiny operation. I believe they have 1, just 1, year round employee. He’s the GM and only pro ski patroller for the whole resort which is incredibly small and attracts very few visitors. I imagine their entire season skier visits is fairly close to just Christmas week at bachelor or the bird. Not to defend powder corp but it’s not even a remotely fair comparison.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    They were “brewing” out of shades last I heard but I think they may be done, haven’t heard or seen anything in awhile. Another rumor was they were going to put something in in Kimball

Damn... it would be a shame to lose the PC Imperial Pilsner. Nothing else like it out there!
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar