Page 117 of 170 FirstFirst ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 4250
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    i remember when i could go to a concert or crowded restaurant too.. whats your point?
    That may change way sooner than getting back to 7am starts for the road on pow days. Not all of us have it as sweet as you.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

i remember when i could go to a concert or crowded restaurant too.. whats your point?
    oh shit. so those days are gone too?
    bumps are for poor people

Any rumors of possible corn out there?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

His point was that the ikon pass sucks dick.
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    I'll keep my job, my money and my guns and you can keep the change.
    From my cold dead hands.

His question was a troll and he caught a few.

so what are you ikon haters doing for passes? I'll most likely be skiing mainly in LCC/BCC next year. Mostly want to ski Alta/Bird and Brighton.

Quote Originally Posted by blackalps View Post
    so what are you ikon haters doing for passes? I'll most likely be skiing mainly in LCC/BCC next year. Mostly want to ski Alta/Bird and Brighton.
    I moved lol. But mostly for other reasons. Honestly if you ski enough to make it worth it its hard to beat Alta/Bird with the Ikon base.

I like the Bird/Ikon. Gives me my preferred pass/Snowbird and 6 Brighton nights, LDS at Solitude, and 6 precious days at Deer Valley.

I never use my Alta passes cause that place seems to be filled with douches. See, I can troll too. (And I’m only half kidding.)

Quote Originally Posted by blackalps View Post
    I buy a pass to my local ski area that gets fucked by epic pass holders who ski can ski it but we get 50% off to all epic resorts that I'll never ski!

Quote Originally Posted by wasatch_carpetbagger View Post
    Alright, off topic, but any recommendations for an outdoor bar somewhere near downtown / the U?

Thank uuuuu 😘
    Rio Grande cafe moved in to the space that was previously Porcupine on 13th E. Everyone please go there so they can stay open. Also you will definitely get laid. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Honestly if you ski enough to make it worth it its hard to beat Alta/Bird with the Ikon base.
    This.

Getting unlimited alta days + the flexibility of Ikon is really cool. That said, I would trade no ikon pass for no ikon at alta

I am trying to figure out what's best for me. While, I like that full ALTA/Bird and DV have a free base IKON attached, I don't like to ski any of these places on a Sat/Sun. Right now, I am resort skiing 4-5 days/week (M-F). It seems that for the price of a full IKON pass, these resorts are allowing you to ski Sat and Sun. and get a base IKON pass. (eg.: DV costs `$1600 for mid-week or $2600 for weekends and a base IKON pass).
    This year, I opted for a full-IKON pass and an EPIC local pass. To date, I have skied 40 at PC (Canyons, because I have indoor at gondola parking) 7 at DV, 4 at Alta and 3 at Solitude. I am skipping the Bird this year, mostly because I am not prepared to ride the tram, although I might just skip in thru MB. I'm not sure whether I am willing to drive the extra 35-40mins to ski Alta/Bird everyday and enjoy 5 days at DV and skip PC. That equates to a lot of miles on my vehicle. I'm not sure whether I should just buy a full DV pass and nothing else and enjoy 7 LCC days and a few Solitude days. $2600 is a lot of cheddar. I could just do what I did this year: Full IKON EPIC local. Of course, this is also the best if I want to road trip to Telluride, Aspen, Jackson or CB.
    End stream of consciousness.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Holy shit that made me dizzy
    Decisions Decisions

We all still on Ikons? I did see some folks get caught using a swapped Ikant a la "Selling a full ikon" thread at Alta on Friday; they swarmed those mofos.

Alta playing politics with parking: https://www.alta.com/the-alta-parking-issue.

would someone mind picking up these hojis for me and shipping them? located in cottonwood heights if anyone is nearby.

https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/62974831
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    would someone mind picking up these hojis for me and shipping them? located in cottonwood heights if anyone is nearby.

https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/62974831
    I *think* these are a mag's. Maybe Robik if I remember right?

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    I *think* these are a mag's. Maybe Robik if I remember right?
    i pm'd him to check.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiktaalik View Post
    We all still on Ikons? I did see some folks get caught using a swapped Ikant a la "Selling a full ikon" thread at Alta on Friday; they swarmed those mofos.

Alta playing politics with parking: https://www.alta.com/the-alta-parking-issue.
    Yeah we really need more cars in the canyon. And to say 200 spots are being taken is just a brazen lie. Unless they’re counting cars of lodge guests and employees. And I’d venture to guess most people who own houses in Albion basin have ski passes to access their houses. Resort has been packed for the last few years and they pretend like they’re poor. Ask any long time local and they’ll tell you the place is losing its soul.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Beauty of a day today! Seems like the change in weather has inspired people to go from short swing to full send. Not sure my head is there yet but it’s good to get up high. Thought the party who skied the bottom of the north ridge pfeiff might appreciate these photos, if they’re on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^ Beautiful sunshiny Pfeiff pics

Love seeing Alta raising the stakes in the parking game. Maybe next we can get Cabin Hill homeowners to stake out their property boundaries with rope lines and shoot trespassers.

April's fools pranks the Alta vs. Snowbird. Spent many hours, mostly after hours and all that that entails on both sides of the fence. Specially Snowbird's. There's informal rules. Made to ensure longevity of the practice.
    One may not interfere with next day operations of one's neighbor.
    One may not cost one's neighbor for damage repair.
    Then it's just harmless fun, eh? It's the one night of the year where one can get away with most anything else.
    In my opinion the best pranks are ownin em. Literally. Like adding signs identical to what comes out of the Alta sign shop for Snowbird Entries 5 & 6.
    Another summer at Snowbird we were asked to throw out the old 4'x8' on hill trail maps. Uh uh. They waited for April to get screwed in over all of the Alta's. We also replaced the paper trail maps where they are distributed. Ownin em...
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

The entry 5 & 6 signs were so awesome! Even witnessed Onno taking a picture of those and chuckling.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    I am trying to figure out what's best for me. While, I like that full ALTA/Bird and DV have a free base IKON attached, I don't like to ski any of these places on a Sat/Sun. Right now, I am resort skiing 4-5 days/week (M-F). It seems that for the price of a full IKON pass, these resorts are allowing you to ski Sat and Sun. and get a base IKON pass. (eg.: DV costs `$1600 for mid-week or $2600 for weekends and a base IKON pass).
    This year, I opted for a full-IKON pass and an EPIC local pass. To date, I have skied 40 at PC (Canyons, because I have indoor at gondola parking) 7 at DV, 4 at Alta and 3 at Solitude. I am skipping the Bird this year, mostly because I am not prepared to ride the tram, although I might just skip in thru MB. I'm not sure whether I am willing to drive the extra 35-40mins to ski Alta/Bird everyday and enjoy 5 days at DV and skip PC. That equates to a lot of miles on my vehicle. I'm not sure whether I should just buy a full DV pass and nothing else and enjoy 7 LCC days and a few Solitude days. $2600 is a lot of cheddar. I could just do what I did this year: Full IKON EPIC local. Of course, this is also the best if I want to road trip to Telluride, Aspen, Jackson or CB.
    How about a Ski Utah Silver pass? I have occasional access to a gold pass

https://www.skiutah.com/passes/gold-and-silver-passes

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Ask any long time local and they’ll tell you the place is losing its soul.
    the idea that a place typically full of wealthy white people has a soul is hilarious.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by jmills View Post
    How about a Ski Utah Silver pass? I have occasional access to a gold pass

https://www.skiutah.com/passes/gold-and-silver-passes
    id tell him they are well worth the 3500 wonga
    but i aint ever bought one

if it means i git to take an alta parking spot and ski where i want
    reguardless of what they want
    its worth it
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno