Page 161 of 170 FirstFirst ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,025 of 4250
    Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    They still should just start by checking tires.
    Tire check station sponsored by Les Schwab

They still should just start by checking tires.
    Can't, too expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Can't, too expensive.
    Lolz.

I'm kinda bummed about the gondi proposal. I don't see how it gets us to a better place than better buses + snowsheds. And the connectivity to existing mass transit seems half-assed.

I'd get behind the right train proposal, I guess. On paper, trains could run down Fort Union or 9400 South and connect to Trax or Frontrunner.

Of course, so could buses.

And the resorts definitely need to have their nips twisted to build a lot more lockers on site.

Riding the bus/train in street clothes, hands empty, drinking a coffee is pretty plush. Riding it while fumbling with your gear, in plastic boots, while making two or three transfers sucks ass. People won't do that.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Whoever here can report back to Alta marketing: tell them to not email me (and everyone) your preferred solution, I don't care that you obviously support the option that will make your private business the most money.

They're lucky they get a ton of snow because they sure do like to annoy their passholders with misguided emails and horrendous terrain "updates"

Whoever here can report back to Alta marketing: tell them to not email me (and everyone) your preferred solution, I don't care that you obviously support the option that will make your private business the most money.

They're lucky they get a ton of snow because they sure do like to annoy their passholders with misguided emails and horrendous terrain "updates"
    Can't ya just unsubscribe? I mean mass emails are kinda the marketing way these days. I get the angst but you have a solution.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Can't ya just unsubscribe? I mean mass emails are kinda the marketing way these days. I get the angst but you have a solution.

I'd rather post about it here!

I'd rather post about it here!
    Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    And the resorts definitely need to have their nips twisted to build a lot more lockers on site.
    Regardless of whether its a gondola or expanded bus service, there are plans for a transit hub to be built between the Alta Lodge and Rustler, including extra lockers.

With that said, I'll go run through the executive offices twisting nipples tomorrow. See how long it takes me to get fired.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    i drove up the lcc once last year
    and came over from the big a few to gits to silly fk
    thread needs sum

poundkeybakebrothers
    Jimmybobby!
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Seems like a good spot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LCC_Maybird+View_AFTER+(1).jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	523.0 KB 
ID:	382078

Low impact solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    Lolz.

Riding the bus/train in street clothes, hands empty, drinking a coffee is pretty plush. Riding it while fumbling with your gear, in plastic boots, while making two or three transfers sucks ass. People won't do that.
    I've been complaining about this too. I live what I consider to be easily walkable to the ski bus in street clothes and what I consider to be a hard no if I have to carry skis and lug my boots in a backpack each day. That is one of the primary reasons I choose to drive and own an expensive 4wd vehicle and buy snow tires. If I could rent a locker to store gear/skis in I would happily not drive up the canyon most days I would ski inbounds.

Quote Originally Posted by wra View Post
    Seems like a good spot.

Low impact solution.
    Blends right in, barely noticeable. Maybe they can dress up the towers like those cell towers that look like trees?

"Gondola towers are much less impactful on the canyon views than...a wider road"
    Last edited by Dantheman; 08-12-2021 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Blends right in, barely noticeable. Maybe they can dress up the towers like those cell towers that look like trees?
    and make the trams look like pretty birds

That rendition of what the canyon will look like with a gondola running up it makes me very sad. I can't believe they're probably going to do that to the canyon.

Probably the wrong forum and I'll search the standard channels but it doesn't hurt to ask-looking for a place to stay for at least the upcoming season near the Cottonwoods. Could move in as soon as a month or so from now. Prefer no lease or something short term but I'm flexible. Work return is still in total limbo but looking like I'm good here thru aleast the season. I will ski most weekdays and work remotely around it.

I don't mind paying a decent amount for a nice space with some privacy. PM me if you know anything. I am drama free tenant. 39 yr old male. TYTY

ALL THE TOWERS!!!!!!1!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wra View Post
    Seems like a good spot.

Not a good spot. Towers 6 & 7 are below Maybird and Tanner's slide paths, respectively.
    I don't know if UDOT should have Pave our Canyons do the engineering on this thing...
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

"Black Diamond Equipment supports the SLCA's proposal that before any permanent, landscape-altering changes are made to Little Cottonwood Canyon, a new alternative based on an expanded bus service coupled with tolling and other traffic mitigation strategies need to be analyzed, and that includes dispersed recreation transit needs. Proposals that physically and permanently alter Little Cottonwood Canyon should only be considered after less impactful options have been implemented and shown not to be effective."

9990 gate permanently closed. Can't say I blame them, with how they are jerking around their patrol, and how many bodies they have to help dig out, etc.

“We appreciate the community’s patience, understanding and input as we’ve evaluated the backcountry exit points at Park City Mountain following the tragedies outside of our resort boundaries last winter. We have taken the time to hear community feedback and analyze the situation carefully with the U.S. Forest Service, the Utah Avalanche Center and other resort partners. We’ve also heard from and considered the many viewpoints shared with us via email, social media and conversation.
    “After careful consideration, we have made the decision to reopen the resort exit on Peak 5 for backcountry access next season, and to permanently close the exit at the top of Ninety-Nine 90. While both exits access the same area, the Peak 5 exit requires more hike-to effort, preparation and intention to reach the terrain. The Ninety-Nine 90 exit provided lift-served backcountry terrain that was accessible with minimal effort. Even with extensive signage, this could attract unprepared backcountry skiers and riders.
    “We did not make this decision lightly. Again, we appreciate all of those who have shared their thoughts on this issue. I’ve personally spoken with a number of individuals across our community regarding this and understand that accessing the backcountry is important to many. That said, I can no longer reconcile the number of tragedies and the impact to the community and our employees with the desire to provide convenient, lift-served backcountry access from the Ninety-Nine 90 exit. We will continue to provide backcountry access via the Peak 5 exit next season, and we appreciate the community’s understanding. We look forward to another great winter ahead and welcoming everyone back to the mountain soon.”
    -Mike Goar, COO, Park City Mountain
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Link please. Listen to Mike Goar here: https://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=Mi...vkCxH#stream/0.
    He denies any agreement between Canyons and Forest Service regarding access via 9990.
    No refunds to people who purchased pass for bc access.
    People are going to have a tough time swallowing this pill. Access via Peak 5 SUCKS! I wonder whether the upper traverse inbounds will remain open? If so, will a patroller be permanently stationed at the Red Pine Chutes rope? There is very easy access to Square Top and the rest of the crest north of 9990 and south of Murdochs
    Last edited by schindlerpiste; 08-13-2021 at 10:16 AM.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Shaaarrrp View Post
    Probably the wrong forum and I'll search the standard channels but it doesn't hurt to ask-looking for a place to stay for at least the upcoming season near the Cottonwoods. Could move in as soon as a month or so from now. Prefer no lease or something short term but I'm flexible. Work return is still in total limbo but looking like I'm good here thru aleast the season. I will ski most weekdays and work remotely around it.

I don't mind paying a decent amount for a nice space with some privacy. PM me if you know anything. I am drama free tenant. 39 yr old male. TYTY
    No affiliation, but I recently stayed in a place through these guys and had a pleasant experience. Sounds like it is similar to what you are looking for.

https://www.stayefs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    9990 gate permanently closed. Can't say I blame them, with how they are jerking around their patrol, and how many bodies they have to help dig out, etc.
    Yeah, I'm not in agreement with closing it, but this point needs to be emphasized.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Link please. Listen to Mike Goar here: https://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=Mi...vkCxH#stream/0.
    He denies any agreement between Canyons and Forest Service regarding access via 9990.
    He's right, there never was any agreement with the FS that PCMR would provide access via 9990. The chairlift and all inbounds terrain accessed from 9990 is on private land owned or leased by PCMR. There is no legal obligation to provide access to backcountry skiing on FS land if the resort is operating on private land. When resorts operate on leased FS lands, there is often a stipulation in the lease requiring some form of BC access, but in this case the FS has zero influence on PCMR's decision. More info: https://townlift.com/2021/02/vail-fo...ly-avalanches/

Name:  9990 land ownership.PNG
Views: 460
Size:  452.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    No refunds to people who purchased pass for bc access.
    People are going to have a tough time swallowing this pill. Access via Peak 5 SUCKS! I wonder whether the upper traverse inbounds will remain open? If so, will a patroller be permanently stationed at the Red Pine Chutes rope? There is very easy access to Square Top and the rest of the crest north of 9990 and south of Murdochs
    https://twitter.com/kpcwradio/status...m5aDsJXFMsRh-A
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    There's actually no more deaths out that gate than the rendezvous mountain gate at jhmr or east Vail chutes gate.

Seems like everyone I know just ducked the rope where Schneiderpiste mentioned last year after they closed the gate. And their patrol could care less, I even saw one patroller publicly encourage people to do so on the Utah backcountry skiing fb group....

Plus Vail will probably just continue to let the colony install avy control fencing to ruin more skiing like they did this summer. They're a real estate company after all.