Page 111 of 170 FirstFirst ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 4250
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    stoked they worked 4 u
    pulled a bob mc and told them i was having vision problems
    couldnt see me working all day
    rolled up for a crack of 2 tour
    fantasy's open
    but closing @ 2 this season or for now anyway
    much like hwy2heav post 3pm closure
    you may ask patrol for exit egress based on not returning thru the resort
    i rolled out hwy as it was less intrusive and my old man ass aint in fants shape
    graybird blustrery as fuck with a lot of transport happening at times

not many out a few tracks fig 8 and down to the lake and in griz
    not much consistent good snow quality on traverse up n out to davenport
    a few tracks most of which looked meh
    in the mich city hood
    a few tracks in east bowl and a skinner up to flanigans
    hooked up w/ the toaster

and headed to dav
    while primarily nwerly there was some winds outta evey point of the compass at times and crossloading both sides of the ridge

bit punchy up top but sheltered northerly terrain helds snow quality of little suck

nor does his ski in ski out sillyfk seasonal accommodations this season

never sucks to git out n ski with friends
    willie would cheers

thinks im gonna workend warrior this one
    yall attempt gits sum safeley
    and keep the good stories and stoke flowing
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

After being here a month....the difference in traffic and experience at resorts between a day like the 25th (this Wednesday) and last wed/thurs (17th/18th) seems crazy to me. I'm guessing a lot had to do with LCC being closed but it's like a night and day experience. As much as I understand the stoke of a new storm and looking for deep stuff, I would bet 75+% of the people who ski on those days would enjoy the experience so much more on the latter less trafficked days. Almost any day I can park 100 feet from where I put my skis on and wait in 0 lines from 11-4 is preferable if the snow is running good.

Are the best days to ski here actually the ones a couple days after a weekend storm? Or is there any resort to best avoid the LCC/BCC gridlock? Powder Mtn?

Every day is a great day to ski here. You just have to learn when and where.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    Every day is a great day to ski here. You just have to learn when and where.
    And there are way too many variables and some days you'll get lucky, some you won't. If you're around the Wasatch long enough just know you probably get to ski way more pow than people in almost any other place.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaaarrrp View Post
    Are the best days to ski here actually the ones a couple days after a weekend storm? Or is there any resort to best avoid the LCC/BCC gridlock? Powder Mtn?
    The best days to ski the Wasatch were the days before that fucking dog shit ikon pass existed.
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    I'll keep my job, my money and my guns and you can keep the change.
    From my cold dead hands.

Quote Originally Posted by thebirdhunter View Post
    The best days to ski the Wasatch were the days before that fucking dog shit ikon pass existed.
    You aren't wrong.

Yup, it sucks here. Tell your friends. Speaking of sucking, it’s deep out there, felt like double what was reported.

I guess this is a question for TFW (or other patrollers). Do you notice an increase in on hill accidents since ikon/epic?

Wondering if the masses of "less skilled" buying cheap passes and adding to mtn congestion translates to more sled rides?

Thx.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Does an Alta Pass come with an IKON, or it that an Alta/Bird pass only?

...and regarding the comment above, as a Utard, I think the best bang for the buck is IKON full and Epic local pass. I did that this year, and I am looking to streamline it a bit in the future.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

WASATCH STOKE, CONDITIONS, OBSERVATIONS and ASSORTED DRIVAL 20-21

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Does an Alta Pass come with an IKON, or it that an Alta/Bird pass only?

...and regarding the comment above, as a Utard, I think the best bang for the buck is IKON full and Epic local pass. I did that this year, and I am looking to streamline it a bit in the future.
    Alta/bird

Yes, I am an ikon beater.
    Decisions Decisions

If my alta pass came with an ikon I would burn it

My ski model needs to start skiing a bit faster to get more snow in her face. That kinda day.

But brrr

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Skied a friends pontoons today in a foot of new snow. Definitely did not suck and saved my legs. Showed some folks from Alabama a good time that didn’t involve a banjo.

A lifty asked if they were water skis.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by thebirdhunter View Post
    Do the +5/7 days really overrun Alta/Snowbird or other resorts compared to prior years? Honest question. I could understand people who went to Solitude back in the day being a little salty about the unlimited ikon crowds but is it really crazy different? As I see it, skiing is crowded everywhere on the weekends and huge powder days. Crowds are still very minimal most other times, even at ikon resorts.

Coming from the east coast and having skiied in a decent amt of places, it's hard to feel much sympathy for the "crowds" yall deal with and the woe is us attitude I get here regarding people on the ikon pass.

I was doing praxis protests this morning and got a lot of comments from employees. I told them they were fat skis that people used to ski when it actually snowed in the wasatch.

Coming from the east coast and having skiied in a decent amt of places, it's hard to feel much sympathy for the "crowds" yall deal with and the woe is us attitude I get here regarding people on the ikon pass.
    cool bro, please tell us more

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    I was doing praxis protests this morning and got a lot of comments from employees. I told them they were fat skis that people used to ski when it actually snowed in the wasatch.
    I haven't skied the pair I picked up this summer yet. Might bust em out tomorrow morning for shits n giggles.

Work sucked today, if anyone was wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I guess this is a question for TFW (or other patrollers). Do you notice an increase in on hill accidents since ikon/epic?

Wondering if the masses of "less skilled" buying cheap passes and adding to mtn congestion translates to more sled rides?

Thx.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app
    Not a patroller but have heard yes, up significantly. Also significant increase in people needing rope rescues when they get cliffed out.

This year I've noticed a huge increase in the number of people around without skis on their feet - with walking down with skis on shoulder, walking up out of gates with skis on shoulder, or looking for skis. It seems rare on a powder day to ride a lift and not see at least one group of people looking for a ski...

That's the problem here in a nutshell, people moving from the east and putting up with the shitshow because they are used to a daily shitshow in order to ski marginal conditions. Of course these skiers are happy to put up with our UT shitshow, the reward is great snow and terrain.

Us crusty fucks don't like the new norm. Long lines were for chumps out east or colorado until Ikon, although inevitably, yes, here it would and was getting more crowded. Ikon sped all this up overnight. We made a choice to move here (and many places out west) to avoid shitshows and all the people that think it's normal. It's not easy to move.

Skiing and enjoying the mountains is not about long lines, hours in traffic, and dealing with assholes. Why is this hard to understand?

Wish i had some ski pics as a palette cleanser, anyone?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	'UTAHDREAMING'.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	844.1 KB 
ID:	365157

Two years ago the then new Alta GM was doing a kinda meet and greet with the patrol.
    Asked point blank if we were going to continue with the Ikon pass.
    He wouldn't say how long the contract was for, but that it was more than one year.
    Think he understood that we all felt it downgraded the Alta experience.
    I do love that the Alta is about the experience, not the almighty dollar.
    If it was about the dollar, we would allow snowboarding.
    How many dollars are lost on account of losing not only the snowboarder, but their parents and grandparents?
    Maybe Ikon go bye bye if enough letters written?

edit: Just noticed my post count. Don't respond if superstitious...

Danny's not here Mrs. Torrence.
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

This year it is compounded by the fact that most of the best snow events have occurred Friday night into Saturday and Covid has brought a lot more people seemingly and longer lift lines to our paradise. It has gotten to the point where I save my household chores for Saturday. I am now used to dreading the weekend and looking forward to Monday. I could live with I can’t go away purchasing an epic local pass and Alta mid week pass

PowMow is the only ski area in UT that is more about the experience than the dollar. It’s just that Alta is sooo unique and goood. Be careful TFW, you can say the same thing about DV
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

It's ruined the mutherfukin Wasatch..................period!

Maybe I don't powder panic as hard but I feel like the weekend pow day shit show was as bad or worse ten years ago than now. was just watching an end of season video from 2010 of the red snake and lift lines merging in the parking lot... that feels the same. Was anyone here today? I definitely over forecasted a pow panic shit show. Can we ever really expect any less bad without raising season ticket prices over $5000?

The big impact I notice is the crowds in the mornings on non pow weekdays. It's good for selling breakfasts and coffee but a little tougher to eat in peace...

WASATCH STOKE, CONDITIONS, OBSERVATIONS and ASSORTED DRIVAL 20-21

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    It's ruined the mutherfukin lift skiing in the Wasatch..................period!
    Fixed it. But even that I can’t really agree with. I think it’s blown out of proportion but my resort experience is limited to the bird and I try to avoid it on the weekends.

Big snow day today, road closed overnight. Impeding doom and whatnot. I drove up at noon, no traffic, plenty of parking left at upper lcc trailheads (white pine was downright empty!). Skied arguably the most skied backcountry runs in the Wasatch and saw 3 people, crossed hardly a track. Maybe it used to be really fucking awesome here back in the day but it’s still pretty fucking awesome here current day.

Don’t get me wrong, I still think IKON should die a horrible death.
    Last edited by dfinn; 02-27-2021 at 08:45 PM.