Page 163 of 170 FirstFirst ... 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,075 of 4250
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Damn, that's scary.

I have a spare bedroom in Sandy I'm happy to offer up to anyone who needs it.
    Ditto here.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Lower summit park owner. Still here. Didn’t evac. I’m super low in development. Crazy day. No homes burned. Fire still below ridge. Amazing air a s ground support all day. Hope it stays mellow tonight.

Good luck all. Too many of these lately.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Glad that you are ok. Concerned that you didn't evacuate. Isn't it mandatory? It is always a tough decision, and there are always extenuating circumstances. I read something that the few who have not evacuated are potentially impeding remediation. Please, be safe and if you need to stay, at least stay out of the way.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-08-15 at 7.19.36 AM.png 
Views:	116 
Size:	119.8 KB 
ID:	382320
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Glad that you are ok. Concerned that you didn't evacuate. Isn't it mandatory? It is always a tough decision, and there are always extenuating circumstances. I read something that the few who have not evacuated are potentially impeding remediation. Please, be safe and if you need to stay, at least stay out of the way.

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-08-15 at 7.19.36 AM.png 
Views:	116 
Size:	119.8 KB 
ID:	382320
    I live throwing distance from highway down low. I was out all day yesterday talking to EMS, Sharif was in my garage for a bit. They seemed fine with me still here. My neighbors are also still here. No impact to personnel or first responders at all. I went grocery shopping this morning and got some flack from DNR coming past checkpoint but he just said you do you.

Overall, fire behavior overnight has calmed. Saw a map of fire, much better then expected. It was pretty wild for about 3 hrs yesterday afternoon. But the ground and air support is amazing and happened so fast. Unless some wild winds or hot spots flair, i think a lot of positive containment will happen today.

This is good info. Thanks!
    +++VIBES+++ to all those affected
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Just saw this on the Natl News. Best wishes to all you Utards.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Same as Bunion just hearing of the fires, hope all makes out ok and are safe. Thoughts and prayers for everyone in the area.
    Reading the comments shows how awesome this community is when others need help. The offerings for places to stay or help collect valuables pets whatever is amazing to read. Wish I could offer more than vibes and prayer ( not a bible thumper but have done my fair share of prayering since being in a dark place since May)
    Please be safe to all
    always forward but never straight

If anybody here looses their house and has girls 8 and under or men’s/ woman’s clothes are needed , please reach out and I will send clothing books barbies whatever I can do to help. Be safe
    always forward but never straight

WASATCH STOKE, CONDITIONS, OBSERVATIONS and ASSORTED DRIVAL 20-21

We got a bed and a couch in SLC. Pet friendly too, and 2 guest parking permits for our zone. We also have a dog, cat and 10 month old currently with a cold, in about 1300sq ft, fair warning. I have family up in Summit but heard today they’re settled so if a mag needs, let me know. SLC by the U. Also got a reliable vehicle and no meetings tomorrow if rides are needed etc

Still hunkered down here in lower Summit. Sharif was not as happy today but let me stay. From what I could see/hear less air support today, or it moved areas. They were flying over all day yesterday. No smoke/plumes. Way less scary then yesterday. Hot spots was main concern. Guess the hot spots are up close to ridge. Seems like it’s way better situation then yesterday. They were all hands on deck last evening. Pretty amazing how fast they had everything here.

Town of park city has really come together offering cheap or free hotels, open doors, campers, anything to people dispersed. It was sad seeing everyone yesterday crying and driving out as fast as possible. I was ready to go if needed and just glad or lucky fire didn’t do something bad.

I completely understand the evacuations and why, but i think they should let some people back. Lower summit park/pinebrook. It’s not growing and it’s a long way from pinebrook. Hopefully tomorrow everything gets lifted.

Please STUDY the predicted weather for the next several days.

FIRE WEATHER...High pressure in place today will maintain a warm
    and dry airmass over the area. This high pressure will shift east
    tonight and southwest flow will increase over the area tomorrow
    ahead of an approaching low pressure system. The southwest flow may
    bring spotty and brief hazardous fire weather conditions to portions
    of the area before humidities rise as showers and thunderstorms
    increase across the area by midafternoon. Thunderstorms are
    generally expected to be wet, with some capable of producing locally
    heavy rain. This moisture will remain in place through at least
    Thursday, with strong and wet thunderstorms expected in many areas.
    A drying trend looks to be in store for the end of the week as the
    low pressure system exits the area.If you let folks back in and it blows to shit it will come back to the fire fighters.

Only 3 shot crews on this and lots of brush and timber. I am hoping they corral it away from values at risk.

Hope all ends well, But everyone needs to do your structure prep long before the big one is in your yard.
    Pray for snow my friends

Fire looked even better today. Saw 2 spot fires with helicopters on top. Winds less then 5mph. They are worried about res flag and front tomorrow. Extended evacuations.

Pretty positive outlook and response last 2 days. Amazing to see from what was going on Saturday till now.

Most recent and real time update here, for any of us who are not at ground zero:
    https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/7802/

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 5.53.58 PM.png 
Views:	127 
Size:	371.0 KB 
ID:	382560

Saw one visible hot spot today on way to work. Had 2 helicopters working yesterday until dark. Winds are probably not the best today and hope nothing gets back cranking. Pretty solid fire lines around summit park community right now.

They are letting stay in my house still. If I lived up top in the development I’d probably not stay. But I’m safe and out of way and good down low. Still didn’t stop a few yahoo’s from coming at me on social media. Someone told
    Me they hoped my house burnt down with me in it because I didn’t evacuate. Park City is getting really friendly these days….

Quote Originally Posted by TWA View Post
    Still didn’t stop a few yahoo’s from coming at me on social media. Someone told
    Me they hoped my house burnt down with me in it because I didn’t evacuate. Park City is getting really friendly these days….
    Life in America in 2021

pretty neat little video from unified fire about their detail up in parleys. Some familiar faces I'm sure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luAYgdn4Ezs

It begins

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 1264
Size:  68.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by NBABUCKS1 View Post
    pretty neat little video from unified fire about their detail up in parleys. Some familiar faces I'm sure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luAYgdn4Ezs
    Love the guy in the pit vipers. Looks like hard work.

Looks good to go.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

yo it's the 21-22 ski season

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    a few 100k ,5 or 6 crates 4 dudes and a couple days later were sporting a nice new montana at the millcreek 9
    bring your skis in and my dawgs will hook ya up with a maggot discount

stopped by the chateau du powspondo to check on this summers progress
    lookin good

stoked 4 him
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

altnatlskipatrol IG posted on their story "love and support for our Snowbird Patrollers, been a tough summer for the utah patrol community" Anyone have any insights? Hopefully no one passed, got a few acquaintances on that squad that are good humans.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    altnatlskipatrol IG posted on their story "love and support for our Snowbird Patrollers, been a tough summer for the utah patrol community" Anyone have any insights? Hopefully no one passed, got a few acquaintances on that squad that are good humans.
    Good human Todd Greenfield passed.
    Memorial tomorrow on HP. Tram starts 6:30 pm for 7:30 service...
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Its been a while since story time, eh?
    Todd Greenfield was a gunner extraordinaire.
    Tutored by Eric Fields. Who had the fastest, funniest responses on the radio, ever.
    Sighting in the brand new 105 howitzer on Monte Cristo one autumn with media, UAC, FS, DOT, etc. present.
    Bullet flies the ridge into Cardiff; an overshoot.
    Without pause, as everyone is waiting for the report, Fields exclaims "shit, another dud."
    Everyone bought it.
    Always wished I had his radio humor; by the time I could think of a witty response for something, the moment for delivery was well past...
    Overshoots with the military weapons have been a source of both humor and anxiety over the years.
    The Snowbird village gun put a bullet through the Wildcat top shack in the seventies.
    Oops. Luckily the wood was thin, and the fuze did not detonate until the warhead had gone through; only a hole in the shack.
    There were two Avalauncher tail fins into the snow just above Twr. 4 of the tram, bout 4 feet apart on a control morning in the eighties. They were stuck in as if they'd flown from the Alta and Avalaunchers were brand new; we were all very afraid to touch them because once fired they are armed and highly dangerous.
    Anyone guess what the date was? Yep, April 1.
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.