Page 19 of 56 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 475 of 1379
  1. #451
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Funland
    Posts
    1,383
    For those of you looking for Tomorrow’s dust on crust.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0282.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	349833

  2. #452
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Salt Lake Chitty, UT
    Posts
    1,097
    ^ Skied pretty good for DUST lol, fun up there, definitely brought the B game haha, 4th day on will do that but regardless HAPPY TURKEY BIRD DAY (or Tofurkey for my fellow Veggie folks!)
    You took too much man, too much, too much

  3. #453
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sandy
    Posts
    115
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201126_105116.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	976.5 KB 
ID:	349982

    The 5" or more of dust skied pretty well, imo.

  4. #454
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Alta
    Posts
    1,086
    The dust was a shockingly good improvement. Wildcat lot was full before opening. Pow days are going to be beyond crazy as the season rolls on and the hungry show up early and earlier.


    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

  5. #455
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Funland
    Posts
    1,383
    Just got back from a Catherine's Lap. Only skiing I did today. It was pretty good. Definitely sharky on the exit.

  6. #456
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Alta
    Posts
    1,086
    ^^^^
    Just double checking that you remember what you did to your hand a few years ago and what happened to Carl 2 days ago?


    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

  7. #457
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    211
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9296.JPG 
Views:	127 
Size:	794.8 KB 
ID:	350009
    Catherine's was pretty solid. Exited Supreme and it was horrible, frozen snowcat chunder lurking under the dust

  8. #458
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wasatch
    Posts
    6,211

    WASATCH STOKE, CONDITIONS, OBSERVATIONS and ASSORTED DRIVAL 20-21

    Good snow and cool tour today


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1606537198.955639.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	203.1 KB 
ID:	350141

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1606537211.598445.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	179.2 KB 
ID:	350142

    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

    So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....


    Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

    8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16

    2018/2019 (24/32)

  9. #459
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Park City
    Posts
    3,774
    So has anyone been turned away at the base of LCC yet? Heading up to Alta tomorrow and wondering what time I need to be at the mouth of the canyon....


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

  10. #460
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wasatch Back: 7000'
    Posts
    10,567
    Anyone know what will be open Mon. at The Bird? Regulator, or just Big Emma?
    “A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.”
    ― Milton Friedman

  11. #461
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Behind the Zion Curtain
    Posts
    3,710
    They’re claiming Tram, Zoom, Little Cloud, Mid Gad, and Chickadee.

  12. #462
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    681
    Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    So has anyone been turned away at the base of LCC yet? Heading up to Alta tomorrow and wondering what time I need to be at the mouth of the canyon....


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Seems like parking has been declared "full" on twitter around 11ish the last few days, but plenty of spots start opening up around then from the 4-laps-and-go-home crew (of which I am a frequent member). There were a bunch of empties around our tailgate when we fired up the grill around noon.

  13. #463
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Salt Lake Chitty, UT
    Posts
    1,097
    ^ Totally right... Seems like the New England conditions are keeping the hoards at bay.

    Went up on Black Friday at 12, skied laps, literally no lines until closing bell, fun was had. Noticed what Dshack is saying as i drove up to the trailhead today, started towards Catherines around 10, looked like WC lot had quite a few spots.

    Catherines was skiing well for the most part, definitely low tide and probably rolled the dice a little to much with line selection, but again fun was had and literally only saw like 3 people all day...

    As always cant take yourself to seriously...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20201128_194823444.MP.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	222.9 KB 
ID:	350265

    It was fun seeing people's reactions as I passed them on the skinner. So if you find circular skin tracks or ones that dead end into trees.... it wasnt me WAKA WAKA
    You took too much man, too much, too much

  14. #464
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    the LCC
    Posts
    590
    Detruser: Just tell 'em you're the pro from Dover.
    Works like a charm.
    There is no organization of "full parking" and road closures yet...

    Dshack: do you have two 'lil ones now?
    Thought I saw you all with your gal riding clean up / defense.
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

  15. #465
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Park City
    Posts
    3,774
    Thanks all. Generally When asked what I do people say “really????” I guess I don’t exude that vibe.

    We were just hoping not to be in the canyon at 7:30...sounds like we can be a bit leisurely.

    Telefreewasatch, you gonna e sliding around tomorrow? I’ll be w the whole family in a yellow fart bag trying to keep up!


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

  16. #466
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    681
    We still just have 1 little one...for now! Im a total rookie at teaching her to ski. I know there are some good tips that have been posted on here, time for me to search around.

    So far our top priority has been keeping a strong ratio of hot chocolate to skiing. Seems like that makes everything else easier!

  17. #467
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Funland
    Posts
    1,383
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Roc View Post
    ^ Totally right... Seems like the New England conditions are keeping the hoards at bay.

    Went up on Black Friday at 12, skied laps, literally no lines until closing bell, fun was had. Noticed what Dshack is saying as i drove up to the trailhead today, started towards Catherines around 10, looked like WC lot had quite a few spots.

    Catherines was skiing well for the most part, definitely low tide and probably rolled the dice a little to much with line selection, but again fun was had and literally only saw like 3 people all day...

    As always cant take yourself to seriously...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20201128_194823444.MP.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	222.9 KB 
ID:	350265

    It was fun seeing people's reactions as I passed them on the skinner. So if you find circular skin tracks or ones that dead end into trees.... it wasnt me WAKA WAKA
    HA! I passed you as your were driving up.

  18. #468
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Salt Lake Chitty, UT
    Posts
    1,097
    ^ Dammit so close!
    You took too much man, too much, too much

  19. #469
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Salt Lake Chitty, UT
    Posts
    1,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    We still just have 1 little one...for now! Im a total rookie at teaching her to ski. I know there are some good tips that have been posted on here, time for me to search around.

    So far our top priority has been keeping a strong ratio of hot chocolate to skiing. Seems like that makes everything else easier!
    ^ I deploy the same tactic with my wife at times, although i sneak a little bit of amaretto in there (because it makes me more attractive...)
    You took too much man, too much, too much

  20. #470
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    slc
    Posts
    13,262
    Utah County is a damn weird place.

    "Whether Provo Canyon’s Bridal Veil Falls is preserved as a natural space or developed into a drug treatment center with tram access may come down to a last-minute effort by a departing Utah County commissioner."
    https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics...al-veil-falls/

  21. #471
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    CO/UT
    Posts
    2,741
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Utah County is a damn weird place.

    "Whether Provo Canyon’s Bridal Veil Falls is preserved as a natural space or developed into a drug treatment center with tram access may come down to a last-minute effort by a departing Utah County commissioner."
    https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics...al-veil-falls/
    I wonder if Bill Lee is related to Mike Lee?

  22. #472
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Salt Lake Chitty, UT
    Posts
    1,097
    Thanks for the beta photo, im sharpening my tools and crampons now...
    You took too much man, too much, too much

  23. #473
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    SLC, Utah
    Posts
    1,383
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Roc View Post
    Thanks for the beta photo, im sharpening my tools and crampons now...
    don't sharpen em

    they'll just get dull again after two or three swings anyway

  24. #474
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    397
    Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    We still just have 1 little one...for now! Im a total rookie at teaching her to ski. I know there are some good tips that have been posted on here, time for me to search around.

    So far our top priority has been keeping a strong ratio of hot chocolate to skiing. Seems like that makes everything else easier!
    If she is still so small she can barely stand on skis a hula hoop is your best friend.

  25. #475
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Behind the Zion Curtain
    Posts
    3,710
    Snowbird opener was quite enjoyable today. Not sure if the fact it was on a Monday or the new parking situation but it was the quietest opener I’ve seen. They did a really good job on the mask insistence and spacing out the lines. They still parked cars pretty close but it’s easy to stay away from whomever is parked next to you. I felt pretty safe up there.

    Only saw two idiots, one that had made it to the line, several lifties in the corral ask him if he has a mask on, he pulls his face into his coat and proclaims he doesn’t need one. He argued all the way through the line to the point of loading where they stopped the lift. They eventually let him ride up with a firm insistence he wouldn’t be allowed on again.

    Another guy goes to walk over the pedestrian bridge bare faced, public safety tells him he needs a mask. He proceeds to argue how he’d read the website and didn’t see anything about a mask and gave public safety the “I don’t know who you are but I read the website and epidemiologists agree masks don’t work!” Good on public safety who pointed out the sign and told him he was not going past that sign without a mask on.

    Snow was good, the usual early season stuff was served up off of Zoom and Little Cloud bowl was open from the old lady ropeline to the start of puckerbrush. Regulator was firing, not a touch of firmness.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •