Page 59 of 170 FirstFirst ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 4250
    Damn. Sorry you guys are still dealing with this.

What was the driver of that truck doing? Looks like he’s on the gas and trying to steer into the slide out. Just can’t figure out why he’s on the gas.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingleberry View Post
    pissing in a sink? fucking rookies. Shit in an oven, then you'll be pro.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeywrenchMoose View Post
    What was the driver of that truck doing? Looks like he’s on the gas and trying to steer into the slide out. Just can’t figure out why he’s on the gas.
    He's such a bad fucking driver he may be drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeywrenchMoose View Post

Panicked and stomped on the gas instead of the brake.

Jesus that was awful to watch. Looks like they were tailgating or just not paying attention, car ahead braked for the corner, so they slammed on the brakes and got loose.

Wow.....the amount of bc tracks is astounding
    Vibes to the subie people++++....... that’s horrible ...... stupid big ass trucks with off road tires that suck in snow

WASATCH STOKE, CONDITIONS, OBSERVATIONS and ASSORTED DRIVAL 20-21

Looks like truck guy may have bounced off that rock wall and launched into the creek.

*edit to add
    I only mention that because a former neighbor slammed his Ford truck off the wall above the S curves and ended up in the trauma unit

"Muh truck just flew right off da road, I was in 4 wheel drive." Hope everyone involved is okay b

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    Looks like truck guy may have bounced off that rock wall and launched into the creek.
    No it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    No it doesn't.
    Yeah I hadn’t seen close up vid yet. See edit to post re former neighbor Ranger Rick.

Brutal video. Looked like the truck simply wasn’t paying attention and drifted. Poor people in the subie

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Jesus that video. Subi had no chance.

My kid is still stuck up canyon. Which seems like a small inconvenience after seeing that.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Jesus that video. Subi had no chance.

My kid is still stuck up canyon. Which seems like a small inconvenience after seeing that.
    Son says there was no ice at all on the road. He can’t figure out how the truck did that.

Son says there was no ice at all on the road. He can’t figure out how the truck did that.
    Big powerful engine. Big right foot. Tiny frontal lobe.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingleberry View Post
    pissing in a sink? fucking rookies. Shit in an oven, then you'll be pro.

My guess is they drifted far enough into the shoulder that the snow caught the passenger side tires. They panicked, cranked hard left, and stomped on the gas to get back on the road. When the front end caught enough traction to get back on pavement, the wheels were turned too far left and across the road they went.

We just got home from the day at Soli. Some traffic this AM, just 15 min longer than usual, but getting there at 8:15 usually gets us front row and plenty of time before the grom's race team starts. Today, 8:20 was 2/3rds of the way down the lot in the back row.

Good skiing, with nice super light topping over yesterday's snow. Crowds were large, but manageable.

Got word at 2:30 from instructor that canyon was shutting. We loaded the kids up with more food, took more runs, then played what seemed like a thousand rounds of 20 questions in the truck as we waited.

No one around us seemed super agro on the way out or anything. We just dealt with it. Rolled out of Soli lot at ~5:30 and made it to just above spruces. Sat for a good 80 min there, as I guess the 2nd tow truck came and took the cars up and out.

Terrible situation. Vibes to those in the crash. Seems like there needs to be a discussion in a few days about how they decide to keep everyone up canyon for hours to get cars out. There were scores of people waiting outside for the bus (they were good and didn't drive private cars), kids from programs waiting for parents that were in the valley, etc. Brutal evening. Glad to be home.

I hope the folks in the subie (and the dumbasses in the truck) are ok. I would imagine those involved in the extraction probably weighed the inconveniences of those ensconced in their vehicles versus those involved in getting two vehicles full of fuel and oil out of the creek in an ever decreasing light and temperature environment.

That video is gnarly. Feel bad for the subi guys and those that were stuck up there.

Had my own issues Saturday at Deer Valley. Hit the cornice on whatever the furthest chute lookers left is called. Had a great landing and a couple turns until I went to slash the left wall, had both my skis hit some rock(I guess) and double eject, making my head and upper body spear the left wall. Overall, I'm okay, but not much is left of the helmet (lol at my old ass newschoolers.com sticker), and it likely saved my life, if not kept me from a trauma bay.

Use those helmets y'all, and don't don't underestimate the power of the rocks of this low-tide season even in sheltered high north terrain.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210124_135528.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	574.8 KB 
ID:	359565

Name:	20210124_135430.jpg 
Size:	667.6 KB 
ID:	359566

Name:	20210124_135436_HDR.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	566.5 KB 
ID:	359567

Wow, glad you are here to be able to tell us about it this soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by skiATL View Post
    That video is gnarly. Feel bad for the subi guys and those that were stuck up there.

Had my own issues Saturday at Deer Valley. Hit the cornice on whatever the furthest chute lookers left is called. Had a great landing and a couple turns until I went to slash the left wall, had both my skis hit some rock(I guess) and double eject, making my head and upper body spear the left wall. Overall, I'm okay, but not much is left of the helmet (lol at my old ass newschoolers.com sticker), and it likely saved my life, if not kept me from a trauma bay.

Use those helmets y'all, and don't don't underestimate the power of the rocks of this low-tide season even in sheltered high north terrain.

Name:	20210124_135528.jpg 
Size:	574.8 KB 
ID:	359565

Name:	20210124_135430.jpg 
Size:	667.6 KB 
ID:	359566

Name:	20210124_135436_HDR.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	566.5 KB 
ID:	359567

Damn this thread is brutal right now.

Vibes to all, especially those involved in the accident. Glad to hear everyone made it alive to the hospital. And I hope everyone that was stuck up there is home now.

Sorry to hear about your injury Bossai, I hope you have a fast and full recovery.

Glad to hear you were wearing a helmet skiATL! That's gnarly, and remarkable that you are mostly unscathed. That helmet is obliterated.

Be safe out there y'all.

Quote Originally Posted by g_man80 View Post
    My guess is they drifted far enough into the shoulder that the snow caught the passenger side tires. They panicked, cranked hard left, and stomped on the gas to get back on the road. When the front end caught enough traction to get back on pavement, the wheels were turned too far left and across the road they went.
    Probably correct on passenger side tires on the shoulder. My amateur view of this is the right rear lost traction and started the fish tailing. I noticed the front tires were cranked to the right at or after it crossed the median. So he/she attempted to correct the truck direction, but it kept going left. I understand the acceleration part trying to gain traction, but it may have made it worse with the high torque.

Quote Originally Posted by CG_#3 View Post
    Probably correct on passenger side tires on the shoulder. My amateur view of this is the right rear lost traction and started the fish tailing. I noticed the front tires were cranked to the right at or after it crossed the median. So he/she attempted to correct the truck direction, but it kept going left. I understand the acceleration part trying to gain traction, but it may have made it worse with the high torque.
    So who accelerates on a narrow downhill road to get traction when you have oncoming traffic you are clearly going to hit immediately?!

I need to check out for a bit, I can't deal.

Quote Originally Posted by fantastic_damage View Post
    Left Soli parking lot at 2:45, still sitting at 6:20. We started moving around 530ish and making good distance. I'm assuming the victims were transported hours ago but UDOT decided the 2 totaled vehicles need to be extracted right NOW so a few thousand cars waiting again. Why the hell dont they release the pressure valve of the thousand+ cars then extract the 2 totaled vehicles later?
    My sediments exactly. Left solitude @ 2:30. Reached the mouth just before 7

Positives I got to spend the day skiing with my daughter. Helping with her math homework in the canyon waiting for the road to clear.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

@boissal, sorry about your knee man. heal up, you'll be shredding in no time!!
    @skiatl, glad you didn't get more seriously injured. you should memorialize that helmet!!

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Skiatl take it easy for a few days. Last time I cracked a helmet in half it slowly became apparent that I had a concussion and was still a bit messed up. Took a couple weeks. Be careful.

Accident: Truck was still laying on the gas as it went over the edge. See the coal rollin out of the tailpipe as it leaves the road. Maybe hitting gas instead of brake by mistake?

Accident: Truck was still laying on the gas as it went over the edge. See the coal rollin out of the tailpipe as it leaves the road. Maybe hitting gas instead of brake by mistake?
    I witnessed a suicide attempt in LCC 25+ years ago. I looked up in the rear view and guy was gaining on me like he was going to ram us. Next thing I know he just launches off the edge into space. It was pretty wild to watch.

On a different note. I now know 6 people who have had their skis stolen off the rack by the lot at creekside. Might be time for a sting followed by an ass beating.....

Stupid place to leave nice sticks but still....

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear