Page 169 of 170 FirstFirst ... 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,225 of 4250
    Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Confirmed via their IG that it's happening. They said more details coming October 12th.
    I can't seem to get beyond the paywall; what is happening?

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I can't seem to get beyond the paywall; what is happening?
    $49/day (or more when “demand is high”) for the faster access lift line, a la Disney

Slowbird always pulls this bullshit after most folks have purchased their passes......

"At about 9:30 a.m., the Davis County Sheriff's Office was notified about an "emergency situation" involving 87 runners."

https://www.fox13now.com/news/local-news/87-runners-rescued-after-snow-halts-ultramarathon-in-davis-county

WTF??

Perfect example how you have some guys who think pissing on an electric fence is perfectly fine

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj...es-11633705877

First I've heard of it. But if it's true, that is some B fucking S. RIP resort skiing. Ironic that I just said this morning "this ain't Disneyland" in this very thread?
    I wonder whether I can opt out of my EPIC pass this year? I don't like those protocols one bit.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Confirmed via their IG that it's happening. They said more details coming October 12th.
    lol this sucks balls...

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    "At about 9:30 a.m., the Davis County Sheriff's Office was notified about an "emergency situation" involving 87 runners."

https://www.fox13now.com/news/local-news/87-runners-rescued-after-snow-halts-ultramarathon-in-davis-county

WTF??
    lol wtf indeed

When the race crew manned the aid stations #1 and #2 early this morning, way up high and in a foot or more of snow, did it not cross the organizers mind that this event was a bad idea?

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    In hindsight, we were extremely well prepared, but nothing could have possibly prepared us for how shitty of an experience that was. We used everything we brought and still came up short - and even in a "best-case worst-case scenario" (after things went wrong pretty much everything else went right).
    Storytime...
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    When the race crew manned the aid stations #1 and #2 early this morning, way up high and in a foot or more of snow, did it not cross the organizers mind that this event was a bad idea?
    Can't you keep up? They had cell service, instagram beta, the city is right there. They were fine!

Can't you keep up? They had cell service, instagram beta, the city is right there. They were fine!
    Ha!

Fast pass

Quote Originally Posted by bmoon View Post
    Was this known? I had not heard about and really bummed Snowbird is going full Disney.

I can't insert link to source but excerpt from WSJ article posted on twitter. Copper, Batchelor and Killington too.
    This is serious bs. Paid parking, and now fast pass. Full Disney now. And Alta messing with Nina’s Curve terrain. WTF is going on. Nothing is sacred.

If successful (ie: they make a bunch of money) I wouldn’t be surprised if other wasatch resorts follow suit. Last year with the crazy long lines I often found myself asking if I’d even be skiing the resort at all without the privileges of line cutting that come with my job. Can’t imagine the powder panic while waiting in line for 30+ minutes only to find the whole mountain shredded to pieces. Anymore the only really enjoyable days at the resort are storm days (but they were always the best) and wind buff days. Giving the richers the ability to cut line will make the poors have to wait even longer. There was always the opportunity to pay to cut lines but it involved skiing with a schooler and shelling out big dough. This development has me second guessing on getting a bird upgrade this year. Last winter was the first in 15 winters without a bird pass and I certainly missed skiing over there, and even though my money to the bird would be a pittance it’s hard to give anything to a resort that’s taking a huge shit on its most loyal customers.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

WASATCH STOKE, CONDITIONS, OBSERVATIONS and ASSORTED DRIVAL 20-21

Re: SAR for 87
    Wtf is up with trail race organizers being so bullheaded or incapable of reading a weather report. Did the wasatch trail series and that guy would not cancel a race even with sky to ground lightening at Alta 30 mins before a start time, now this, it’s not surprising at all. Also, are people incapable of reading a weather report? To see a forecast like we’ve had for the last week and be like, yeah, no problem. I just don’t get it.

Edit: intoxicated

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

WASATCH STOKE, CONDITIONS, OBSERVATIONS and ASSORTED DRIVAL 20-21

I don’t like the concept. But I skied the Bird on a huge day, with a dude that had a Seven Summits Pass.
    It was really nice, but that was like $7000 back in the 90’s.

Around the same time, I had to pickup my pass, on a big opening day on Aspen Mountain. I got there early and waited behind a nice classy older lady.
    When they opened the ticket office, there was a big commotion about her.
    Turns out she was Lester Crown’s wife,
    Co-owner of the Skico.

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Re: SAR for 87
    Wtf is up with trail race organizers being so bullheaded or incapable of reading a weather report. Did the wasatch trail series and that guy would not cancel a race even with sky to ground lightening at Alta 30 mins before a start time, now this, it’s not surprising at all. Also, are people incapable of reading a weather report? To see a forecast like we’ve had for the last week and be like, yeah, no problem. I just don’t get it.

Edit: intoxicated

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    from the race organizer:

“The fact that we have every single runner accounted for means that this race was a very successful race today,” Mr. Kilgore said.

jesus christ what an ass

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/09/u...ow-rescue.html

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    from the race organizer:

“The fact that we have every single runner accounted for means that this race was a very successful race today,” Mr. Kilgore said.

jesus christ what an ass

Fucking hell. I am so mad right now after reading that account. I cannot believe the absolute hubris and apparent contempt for the well-being of participants demonstrated by the organizer - to host that race with the forecast we had is absolutely negligent. I would hope that he could be held liable either criminally or in civil court.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    from the race organizer:

jesus christ what an ass

“It was raining at the starting line, and it had forecasted rain,” Mr. Kilgore said. “Nobody had forecasted over a foot of snow at Francis Peak. Nobody.”

Nobody cared to check I’d wager. What a dumbass.

If you wanna send him a message click the green "Ask a question" button on the right.
    https://ultrasignup.com/register.aspx?did=80318

Nobody knew Mr. Kilgore was a total fucking dickbone, Nobody.

the Makalu Gau of race organizers

Another climber dies in LCC. The body count this year is nuts.
    https://gephardtdaily.com/local/unif...onwood-canyon/
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Another climber dies in LCC. The body count this year is nuts.
    https://gephardtdaily.com/local/unif...onwood-canyon/
    Ugh, loose rock kills again. Just a kid too. That was number 18, it turns out they had left the 4 Wilson Glade victims out of the earlier count.
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

god damn. this is more than double the normal, not even including the Wilson Glade incident. I thought it may slow down a bit here, but figured something may happen after this rain...just not this.

Quote Originally Posted by ####### View Post
    If you wanna send him a message click the green "Ask a question" button on the right.
    https://ultrasignup.com/register.aspx?did=80318

Nobody knew Mr. Kilgore was a total fucking dickbone, Nobody.
    These are the same kind of asshats, trailrunning organizers in general, that leave clothes pins with streamers attached to trees all over the trail. Ask him why they like to litter in the mountains too.