Page 114 of 170 FirstFirst ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 4250
    Lake Peak sucks.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    all i gots is yeah tuco and his bro are badasses and it is what it fuckin is
    strong work gittin er back on track and takin er back from the yappin dawgs

we were gonna go up n check out the side of the mower
    but the double donut munchers blocking top o the world and not letting cars make the right at the light was a fuckin problem
    went home grabbed the furkid and headed to pc fer a solution
    its a goat furnicate trail head and i aint been there in a decade
    but its god friendly &
    didnt suck

watched some dogs git down

fore lettin sheldon git his sums

sheldon says it sho didnt suck

my old man had a stint/clip put in his ticker back in dec
    it failed
    open heart surgery followed and has been a tough recovery as his rhythm
    was off and he got a nasty blood infection
    finally got him home and on a month of iv antibotics
    hes at the top of pinebrook now so i threw the skins on and headed up the gorgazola peak

checked on the spinny jibby hucky kids

its not really poachin if ya gots the pass so i dropped in fer a couple hot laps

i gotta say the place is well run and had a nice family vibe goin on

and sums of them kids got the send in em

found sum lingering freshies off the right side
    the had the pipe dragon monstrosity cuttin the super pipe but i missed the pic
    i guess your not sposed to booter ob
    but when i told the nice patrol kid i was just trying to go back to pinebrook and care for my pops he was cool bout it
    not sure if this one has a name but its on sheldons bucket list now

i dont haz answers to iconic problems and if i didnt haz a hook up i dont see how not buying one would make mucho cents
    but hopythetical cheers to being an outside the box soultion
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I hope pops gets well soon and Sheldon is the man as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post

Weirdest thing we saw all day was a party center punching the steep bits of Lake Peak.
    At least they're all bunched up...
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Good luck with your dad SFB.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

WASATCH STOKE, CONDITIONS, OBSERVATIONS and ASSORTED DRIVAL 20-21

Sorry about your dad dibs, hope he heals up and gets back on the water. He’s a fishy dude and was always very friendly to me at the wounded warrior things.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A2365B2F-79EC-425F-810D-3C8903B9AB9C.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	648.8 KB 
ID:	365415Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A2365B2F-79EC-425F-810D-3C8903B9AB9C.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	648.8 KB 
ID:	365415

Detour at place just above UT border. Pomerell. What vibes. Old school. Fantastic snow.

How was the terrain and skiing up there at Pommerelle? Planning on checking the place out next season

Quote Originally Posted by paj View Post
    How was the terrain and skiing up there at Pommerelle? Planning on checking the place out next season
    Terrain is mild. Nothing crazy. But vibe is high and some good looking Access around it. Not sure their gates or OB policy but there’s a trail head just down the road. Hit that place with right snow and it’s super fun.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    We’re aware

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    At least they're all bunched up...
    It’s the Wasatch...

smh.... lasted less than 20 minutes...

Name:  baldy.JPG
Views: 1048
Size:  84.0 KB

ikon pass strikes again!

it lasted a few hours, if you go to alta alerts you can see a tweet about an hour previous to their "Baldy is open" tweet with tons of tracks in dogleg.

that snow was baked at 10:45 so it had to be total mank a few hours later. kinda assuming someone got scared and decided to bail into LTD?

thank you tfw for convincing me go to bed early and eat breakfast at sugar pass!

I find it very interesting that this year I have received at least four survey requests from icon regarding my experience at Alta/Snowbird. I have use the Ikon Pass there five times this year. Conversely although I have used seven Deer Valley days on ikon I have received only one survey request and I have received no survey requests for my three or four days skied at solitude.

My guess is that next year, Alta/Bird and maybe DV will join JHMR and Aspen and charge an upgrade for IKON base pass holders.
    Last edited by schindlerpiste; 03-01-2021 at 05:00 PM.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    Nah man, we just need a transportation solution. It's tough as these are small dead end canyons next to growing megalopolis
    If you increase the number of people that can get up the canyons you move the problem to the lift lines. I'd rather have a shitty slow drive then spend lots of time standing on lift lines and skiing tracked out runs. We need to increase the size of the resorts if we are going to increase the number of people using them.

I don't suppose anybody here has any recent-ish beta on Wheeler Peak/GBNP?

Other than a snowmo fatality the Ruby's. Haven't heard much out of Eastern Nevada. is there a Avalanche group out there??

Quote Originally Posted by new yabyum View Post
    Other than a snowmo fatality the Ruby's. Haven't heard much out of Eastern Nevada. Esther a Avalanche group out there??
    I assume the Rubies and other Great Basin Mountain Ranges are mostly similar to the Wasatch in terms of snowpack stability. TGR Basin skier Wobby has reported some persistent layer issues in the Toiyabes a couple weeks ago, which I presume is still around but perhaps in a somewhat diminished state. I'm also wondering if the winds that have recently fucked most of the snow in Tahoe did the same in the Great Basin.

To be honest, it seems like it's normally better saved until April - June when one can get rowdier in the gorgeous cirque couloirs, but I'm getting cabin fever and it looks like there are a few avy-safe routes from the summit. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)

Storytime.

Superiors been seeing increasing use the last bunch of years. So have the lower canyon paths in an exponentially less way.
    Even before Andy found the UDOT LCC avalanche atlas, it was good skiing.
    A little safer than other exposures; sun baked, not much old weak snow in slow start winters, and steep enough that new snow sloughing occurs. Aided by gunfire.
    Used Little Pine to access White Pine through Cottonwood Draw with the Ramers and alpine gear.
    Less than no competition. Rarely a partner.

Cottonwood Draw off the ridge '86? Had waited some years for condition. Haven't been there since.
    If I remember right, mode of transport changed several times to get there. Was in skis and a little too focused on the line when it comes into view from above.
    On the N facing just under the ridge and a 10" table top piece of snow detaches L while I'm looking R. Got off it before it went over the cliff with pulse up.

Bullet proof snow, no avy hazard, line looks reasonable. Had a harness on clipped to an axe. Also had a spax in play, crampons on the fanny pack.

You gotta go in tips L, and thirty feet down go tips R; a jump turn. Tremendous exposure. Rattled from the tabletop, didn't want to do it. Know how it is when your uphill leg wants to cramp and your downhill leg wants to tire on steep slopes? Didn't want that either. Planted and leaned against the axe shaft to rest legs. Took a hit. Reset. That next turn was like the 1,000s before, no big deal. Both tools planted firmly when skis hit the snow. The rest was more relaxed.

morals:
    Pay attention to where your feet, not ambitions are.
    mj can be a good partner.
    Hike and ski the gully underneath, not that headwall.
    Last edited by telefreewasatch; 03-02-2021 at 07:08 AM. Reason: FOG memory
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Baldy Chutes

Hey all, been lurking for way too long, this is my first TGR post, but this is something I wanted to share...

I've got to admit that I once skied the wrong chute off Baldy (Little when only Main was green). Maybe 2-3 years ago.

I was alone, and due to my stoke and having previously always gone with other locals who were leading, I hadn't paid all that much attention to the sign at the rope off Sugar as either it had all been open before or someone who knew better directed us properly, so it never occurred to me that only certain lines were open (versus what made sense to ski based on cover).

Point is, my stoke to climb and get to the summit caused me to not realize that once on the peak, taking in the view, and then prepping to descend, it is not hard to become disoriented as to where Main is vs Little. There was fortunately no consequence to my oversight, and believe me, I realized about 10 turns in that it was odd that the snow was sooo good, that it dawned on me that I'm actually in Little and maybe it wasn't open. I skied it quickly and kept my head on a swivel, even got some yelps upon my exit, and rapidly made my way out of Ballroom.

I realized my mistake but only after having made it - is there some way to better address this off the summit? Should there be another sign up there (near the towers?) with a bit of description of what lines are open or not? Just a question since others today possibly made a similar mistake??

Quote Originally Posted by Todds View Post
    If you increase the number of people that can get up the canyons you move the problem to the lift lines. I'd rather have a shitty slow drive then spend lots of time standing on lift lines and skiing tracked out runs. We need to increase the size of the resorts if we are going to increase the number of people using them.
    Whatever happened with the Mary Ellen Gulch expansion at Snowbird? They got permission in 2016, said they wanted to break ground in 2018 or 2019, finished the baseline water study in 2018, and then put expansion plans on hold. Anyone have a scoop on why?

Local mags —- anything going on with Guru Dave? He hasn’t updated his posts in a while, and he usually says when he’s going dark. He’s been very generous with local beta when we catch him on first tram, appreciate tapping that vast experience of his.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeRidges View Post
    Local mags —- anything going on with Guru Dave? He hasn’t updated his posts in a while, and he usually says when he’s going dark. He’s been very generous with local beta when we catch him on first tram, appreciate tapping that vast experience of his.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    from his facebook it looks like he may have gotten hurt? Lots of "heal up quick" and "we miss you on the hill" comments, but nothing concrete in terms of details that i've found.

In any event Dave is a Snowbird staple.

From what I've heard he had an illness that kept him in the hospital for a couple weeks. It definitely wasn't covids cause Dave couldn't get that because he's sure it's a hoax.