Page 8 of 170 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    ya but did you see his super cool vanity plates??
    True. I'm just jealous.
    #lifegoal #lookatmeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

flying the POW banner: red flag for potential insufferableness

I like where this is going ... Do you think anyone is going to play the gnar game on the skinner?

Cool Vanity Plates are 1000 points

By the way anyone exploring grizzly / cardiff... Coverage heads up?

About Neffs, a lot less brush since mw cleared it out this summer...
    About radios, a "perfect" day on the Alta patrol is if you never key the radio.
    First thing I do with a new radio is disable the receive function.
    No one else but I have important things to say as Boissal stated.
    I tour by myself usually so I'm just on transmit anyway.
    Sad day is when you play with / by yourself and you begin losing arguments with yourself...
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

doing the adult version of a semester abroad, i.e. my job went remote so I moved to Park City (i'll kick my own ass later). anyway... wife and I are looking to get some BC days in this year. suggestions on companies, guides, clubs that take people out? working on Avy1 and have done a few short tours in the Sierras but still very much a BC jong.
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Quote Originally Posted by D-Roc View Post
    Just queue up channel 210 and you'll have an answer in a jiffy.

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    About Neffs, a lot less brush since mw cleared it out this summer...

Quote Originally Posted by TheK12 View Post
    doing the adult version of a semester abroad, i.e. my job went remote so I moved to Park City (i'll kick my own ass later). anyway... wife and I are looking to get some BC days in this year. suggestions on companies, guides, clubs that take people out? working on Avy1 and have done a few short tours in the Sierras but still very much a BC jong.
    https://inthecompanyofguides.com/ski...ountry-skiing/

Great people. Always good to have a woman guide for your wife to trust if she is a newb. Or hire the guys, whatevs. They can do private Avy 1s with you two also.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	from-the-top.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	165.7 KB 
ID:	347483

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    just so you know powder pond, crackhead, the commander baker and that crew have been axewhackin the celestrial kingdom for decades

ya all need to weed whacks the argenta
    #saynotobeaterphonesinthebc
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

What’s the status on a little uphill at PC or DV? Got a small window this weekend and would like to get a little exercise...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by D-Roc View Post
    curious as well. the guy with the vanity plates skied black bess last weekend and described it as "sharky"

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    What’s the status on a little uphill at PC or DV? Got a small window this weekend and would like to get a little exercise...
    PC is shutdown for uphill, DV probably wont bother you for a little while longer if you are going out around the guardsman pass area

I might be up at guardsman around 2:00. Right now I am without a car. I blew a turbo and am waiting for a part. I Need to wait for Mrs. Schindler to get home, because I don’t think the Vespa will get me up to guardsman Pass morning
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Can anyone tell me if Alta has groomed the rope tow? new touring gear getting mounted so I'm out boots this weekend, but was thinking about a skate ski.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post

I am heading north to my local hill on Saturday if you want to join. Should be empty but it is further for you most likely. Up the one five eight

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Can anyone tell me if Alta has groomed the rope tow? new touring gear getting mounted so I'm out boots this weekend, but was thinking about a skate ski.
    Not yet.

Last year the Wasatch Mountain Club did a bunch of intro level tours in December and January that were great for me when I was learning. I'm not sure if they will be happening this year with the pandemic, they guys running them are in their 60s and 70s (still super strong skiers)

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    ya all need to weed whacks the argenta
    Every time I drove by this summer I was amazed at the size and density of the aspens. I haven't skied to or skinned from the bottom in a few years but I remember BITD (and by that I mean >5 years ago) lower Argenta was an actual ski run that you could send wall to wall. Now it looks like a good time fighting with brush.

I think a dozen motivated peeps could so serious damage in a day and reclaim some decent acreage from the invading brush. There are obvious issues with removing trees on FS land but it could be a fun activity once the biking goes to shit and the snow isn't there yet. Beers and good company could make it a tolerable project for a day. Scotties and the Gobblers aprons are also candidates.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Looks like we are doing the exact same thing. If you’re doing the AIARE 1 with White Pine on Jan 1-3 I’ll see ya there.

I was introduced to the folks at Inspired Summit by a buddy in town and they’ve been great so far. Im in the same boat with very little BC experience (and my wife with none) so we’re doing an intro to backcountry type progression course to start building some knowledge.

Side note as I’m a newbie here - this thread is awesome. Looking forward to learning from the group and getting after it this season. If anyone sees a brown van in town with CA plates and an ON3P sticker - don’t curse the foreign jong - and instead come grab a (socially distant) beer. I always have a full fridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    Not yet.
    Nor has summer road as of yesterday. Still driving machinery down summer road.

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    Last year the Wasatch Mountain Club did a bunch of intro level tours
    +1 to the Wasatch Mountain Club. Nice people and a great way to get out more, especially if you don’t already have a bunch of touring partners.

Thanks for all the helpful tips!!!
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulC08 View Post
    Side note as I’m a newbie here [snip] If anyone sees a brown van in town with CA plates and an ON3P sticker - don’t curse the foreign jong - and instead come grab a (socially distant) beer. I always have a full fridge. ]
    It's smart of you to adapt the "hey kids come into my brown van I got ice cream and candy" hook line to your target audience of thirsty skiers... I'd fall for it and I imagine my lifeless corpse would be found a week later floating in the Jordan River, sans skis.

Welcome to the Wasatch and TGR jong, good on you for doing it right and being safe.