Page 5 of 170 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    It was good times today at Alta. 1-2’ of fresh.
    So great to get back out

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1604880311.281203.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	184.4 KB 
ID:	346917

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Despite my bindings falling apart at the collins midstation, a great day out.

Deep on the way down, knee high in some places.

It was crawling on the way out though... multiple cars careened off to the side... saw some kiddos pushing a subaru down SR-210....

Name:  124090077_1549157851942567_1919929096997296157_n.jpg
Views: 3413
Size:  229.6 KB

Name:	123849695_643792802969890_7160511078089284118_n.jpg 
Views:	3856 
Size:	152.6 KB 
ID:	346923

Name:	123777226_382989096233926_12535329876245875_n.jpg 
Views:	3591 
Size:	214.0 KB 
ID:	346924

Name:	123718452_483800335894868_3351977482028282613_n.jpg 
Views:	2324 
Size:	275.8 KB 
ID:	346925

FWIW, I was at Alfs at 10am and it was 15" deep then, and snowed hard after.

well if we’ve already started bitching about the LCC traffic I guess it’s officially winter eh?

Parking reservations go live, tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    well if we’ve already started bitching about the LCC traffic I guess it’s officially winter eh?
    Must be!

9am today...

Its DRIVUL not DRIVAL....
    Telefreewahsnatch you are slipping my friend.

It looks like at 9am today I will be putting in parking reservations for every day this season.

Or hope Bobmc buys a 15 passenger 4wd van

Sent from a van down by the river
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Question...

If one were looking at moving to the SLC area for the winter and mostly catching the BCC ski busses (UTA), would it make more sense to live near Bingham Junction than right by Cottonwood Canyon? I'm wondering if busses just get filled at the origin and potentially pass others at further stops. Obviously catching a bus right at the foot of Cottonwood Canyon sounds best but it might be worth it to catch it earlier if it reduces some stress of just getting on it.

I know that the parking situation is somewhat new this year, but how bad do yall think it will be for solo skiers mostly skiing on weekdays at Brighton/Solitude? I'm not excited about paying $20 a pop but I'm more worried about being denied a spot than the fee.

Thanks for any advice or input. Feel free to PM any SFH for rent

I mean, if you're moving to SLC for winter for the purpose of skiing, I would just buy the Soli parking pass. You can get up early, beat the traffic, and then enjoy some peace and quiet in your car with some coffee.

Idk if im just a pansy, but even thinking about dragging my gear onto semi-packed UTA busses (20 person max + gear) as the bus slowly winds its way up makes me very nauseous. Also Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaaarrrp View Post
    Question...

If one were looking at moving to the SLC area for the winter and mostly catching the BCC ski busses (UTA), would it make more sense to live near Bingham Junction than right by Cottonwood Canyon?
    with a cap of 20 your best bet is definitely going to be the first stop on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    It looks like at 9am today I will be putting in parking reservations for every day this season.

Or hope Bobmc buys a 15 passenger 4wd van

Sent from a van down by the river
    unfortunately, it looks like they'll only have days open through jan 1st. but may not be a bad idea even if you just want to ski white pine

Also, they're only allowing 7 advanced days and 7 week-of days per guest though I'm not sure a reservation has to be linked to a pass, but i know you have family so you can probably easily spread those days out and amongst the passes.

Quote Originally Posted by wasatch_carpetbagger View Post
    I mean, if you're moving to SLC for winter for the purpose of skiing, I would just buy the Soli parking pass. You can get up early, beat the traffic, and then enjoy some peace and quiet in your car with some coffee.

Idk if im just a pansy, but even thinking about dragging my gear onto semi-packed UTA busses (20 person max + gear) as the bus slowly winds its way up makes me very nauseous. Also Covid.
    Awesome...thanks for letting me know about this! I know you mentioned Verizon is decent in the parking lot....any signal on the mountain/lifts? Or wifi?

TIA

IDK, I made reservations for 7 Thursdays throughout the season. ...Some Dec. , Jan., Feb.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Had some legit thigh deep turns near ballroom yesterday, followed by knee deep turns off of mambo, followed by snowcat ice groomers below the angle station with a side of dodging the 200 jibbers and sledders

Wouldn't be surprised if alta closes uphill if the junkshow continues. Great to be out skiing again. At least we have a base now so can ski things other than the WROD as it continues snowing

for the Snowbird stuff... use the parkwhiz app, its actually pretty good. Somewhat impressed by how they have organized it...
    You took too much man, too much, too much

Quote Originally Posted by D-Roc View Post
    for the Snowbird stuff... use the parkwhiz app, its actually pretty good. Somewhat impressed by how they have organized it...
    Interesting. I made reservations for Jan and March but didnt' get any confirmation emails yet. Downloaded parking whiz and tried to set up an account but the password set email isn't showing up. Maybe they are overwhelmed by volume?

Quote Originally Posted by olpolecat View Post
    That's how I read it at first, too. But actually they are releasing 100% of available spots thru Dec 31, and a portion of available spots for the rest of the year. I was able to book a couple Feb days
    Did you get any confirmation emails? No one I know has yet.

Only once I filled all my spots and tried booking an 8th haha. Then I got an email saying I'd used all of them and it listed the ones I'd booked.

I think the park whiz app is hurting since I'm trying to set up an account and not getting the verification email. I'd give em a day and then maybe contact support if you still don't see anything

Quote Originally Posted by olpolecat View Post
    Only once I filled all my spots and tried booking an 8th haha. Then I got an email saying I'd used all of them and it listed the ones I'd booked.

I think the park whiz app is hurting since I'm trying to set up an account and not getting the verification email. I'd give em a day and then maybe contact support if you still don't see anything
    Ok, thanks. That's a good sign I guess.

I booked a lot of days, way more than 7.
    Started to mess around and booked multiple reservations on the same day.
    seems a little foolish to allow anyone to make a reservation regardless of proof of pass purchase.

edit: got the same email as noted above about parking reservation limit reached. was really getting excited to sell parking on the black market that is KSL this winter and start racking it in

Yes. I received e-mail confirmation for all reservations
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Ok, thanks. That's a good sign I guess.
    Just got my confirmations. Was able to cancel the days I fat-fingered and re-book without incident. Agreed the app is actually pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    I booked a lot of days, way more than 7.
    Started to mess around and booked multiple reservations on the same day.
    seems a little foolish to allow anyone to make a reservation regardless of proof of pass purchase.

edit: got the same email as noted above about parking reservation limit reached. was really getting excited to sell parking on the black market that is KSL this winter
    Haha, I thought the same thing. What I'm really wondering now is how the system would respond to multiple people putting the same license plate # in.

If I have 3 friends with passes, and we intend to carpool in the same vehicle, we ought to be able to book 7 days each but I wonder if it would only allow 7 total for the plate.

I also put in my NH plate #, but will have Utah tags by the time of reservations. Maybe make new reservations with new tags and swap em before heading up the canyon?

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Yes. I received e-mail confirmation for all reservations
    I got mine as well now.

Nice.

Solitude delays their opening on Nov 20th due to lack of snow. No new date announced.

Lack of snow, huh?