Page 17 of 170 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jmills View Post
    After the first chair it was a 2-3 minute wait to get back on.
    The maze on Collins could be improved on but it wasn’t bad.
    It was crazy how short the lines were with most chairs having 2-3 people with single chairs thrown in

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    Skiing is fun! Showed up around 145 and skied till 4. No lift lines and was snowing pretty good starting around 3(?)

Definitely gonna miss riding the lifts with strangers this season.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Just missed you!
    You took too much man, too much, too much

Name:  99.97.jpg
Views: 1498
Size:  109.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    Skiing is fun! Showed up around 145 and skied till 4. No lift lines and was snowing pretty good starting around 3(?)

Definitely gonna miss riding the lifts with strangers this season.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Nice. I ski by myself a lot, I'm gonna miss it too.

Quote Originally Posted by SJG View Post
    wow sweet content from the "FREEDOM MOMS AGAINST THE SCAMDEMIC (BILL GATES NO!!!!!)" facebook group or wherever it is people like you spend your time. jfc, shut the fuck up and go skiing

is it true that SJG works at the new snowpine? wouldn't be surprised someone that lame works at that soulless hellhole.

^^^ I was just being facetious because Snowpine's attitude this summer and fall has basically been "Fuck you Alta community." They were the only business in Alta that refused to participate in the meetings in town to collaborate on Covid. They are also the only business in Alta that has a bar open to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    ^^^ I was just being facetious because Snowpine's attitude this summer and fall has basically been "Fuck you Alta community." They were the only business in Alta that refused to participate in the meetings in town to collaborate on Covid. They are also the only business in Alta that has a bar open to the public.
    gotta pay for those fancy new improvements. Liquor sells....Good luck to you all. I miss the place. Hoping y'all stay safe and get a long, deep season.

They seem to have a "Fuck You" attitude in general. We stayed there this summer for AC's 40th birthday. When she booked the room they neglected to tell her that there was a wedding that day and the pool and hot tub would be closed (she really wanted to hot tub). Then, the room they gave us (and refused to change) was directly above the pool deck so the view from our balcony was the tub we couldn't use and we were kept up late by the noise from the reception. There were some other issues also that aren't worth getting into. No way in hell we'll ever stay there again.

Brian head road trip in the works. Nothing like a 4 hour drive for bunny slope sliding

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Got out for a handful of groomer laps at Alta this morning. I forgot just how good it feels to lay down railroad tracks on heavy skis and boots with pivots.

Summer road up and rip down an option?

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by altabird92 View Post
    December 30th seems more believable at this point.
    ^ 11 yr old had the ski team meeting last night. pretty comical teams call with screen share fails and no one able chat questions. still no date on solitude opening, but it is def not going to be november 30. in other news, the angry inch was welcomed this morning.

So possibly headed to UT third week of January. Of course nothing is settled what with the pandemic and all.

My woman and her friend are taking a free ride camp at Alta with Kristen Ulmer. I and friends spouse are tagging along. Any guidance on places to stay and discounts on tickets for me and the other guy?

Me, reformed telemarker and terminal beater other guy former WC tele skier and general skiing bad ass.

Any help is appreciated and will be rewarded with beer if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    So possibly headed to UT third week of January. Of course nothing is settled what with the pandemic and all.

My woman and her friend are taking a free ride camp at Alta with Kristen Ulmer. I and friends spouse are tagging along. Any guidance on places to stay and discounts on tickets for me and the other guy?

Me, reformed telemarker and terminal beater other guy former WC tele skier and general skiing bad ass.

stay away

Not the Snowpine

So, uh... Does this mean that all days showing on the parking site as sold out are 100% full for the season? Like, every weekend day is booked until march. I was under the assumption that they would slowly make more spots available for reservation, but given this article and some other stuff I found it sounds like maybe they've released all the spots available?

Because if so, fuuuuuuu

https://unofficialnetworks.com/2020/...wbird-parking/

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    stay away
    Well, I’m assuming it will be end times by then but on the off chance things turn around....

Well, I’m assuming it will be end times by then but on the off chance things turn around....

Pm sent

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?

2021/2022 (13/15)

Interesting that the only open bar in town is owned by someone who's religion forbids alcohol consumption.
    All other bars are owned by Gentiles who are taking a hit for communal health.
    Like yours...
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

This afternoon at Alta

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8643EF95-8254-432A-8556-DABDF24E381D.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	745.7 KB 
ID:	349636

Quote Originally Posted by altabird92 View Post
    December 30th seems more believable at this point.
    yeah, Solitude has not blown a single flake of snow this preseason. The guns have been idle since day 1 (i think) apparently due to a "broken pump". As you might expect, lower mountain groomers have next to zero snow on them and there's no way they will open on Nov 30.

Pretty fucking ridiculous given that they've collected millions in pass funds, but can't muster up the crew to fix the pump and get things prepped for opening. Given everything that's been going on, seems like Solitude is just writing off the season at this point. I don't even have the energy to write up an email to "the nicest GM in Utah" to complain.

ugh... and yeah, they'll arrest you for any uphill travel. pffffft

Solitude is my chosen resort on my IKON pass. I wonder whether that complicated refund or deferral policy may become relevant? (however, I do plan on skiing 7 days at both DV and Snowbird).
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    Interesting that the only open bar in town is owned by someone who's religion forbids alcohol consumption.
    All other bars are owned by Gentiles who are taking a hit for communal health.
    Like yours...
    shrewd business plan: infect your competitors' live in employees til they have to shut down while continuing to run the conveyor belt of SLC-dwelling folk who work there for a month before quitting.

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    Brian head road trip in the works. Nothing like a 4 hour drive for bunny slope sliding

It has its time and place...
    Once in high school all the PC and Cottonwoods had nada. Dad picked me and a buddy up after school, skis on the roof to drive to Brianhead.
    It was definitely the coolest Doug and felt walking out of school to that point.
    Had a blast.

Trade it for what i dont have open within a 4 hour drive of here.

Solitude stories make my heart hurt. They still part of DV? They figured out a long time ago agi no money till December anyway.