Page 131 of 170 FirstFirst ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,275 of 4250
    Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I’m out of touch as I’ve been out of town.....any chance of supportable crusts this weekend?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    SE Provo Peak today. SE drop 10:45am . S Drop just after noon. Perfect corn. They got a little less snow that LCC and BCC from the last storm, though.

Anyone been out Stansbury Wy yet? SWillow Road skinnable or walking shoes? Thanks!

WASATCH STOKE, CONDITIONS, OBSERVATIONS and ASSORTED DRIVAL 20-21

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1618032537.367124.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	718.2 KB 
ID:	371056

You Wasatch kooks have some great terrain down here. Can’t believe I got to ski this stuff in condition! Bad year for steeps in my neck of the woods (Montucky). Cheers!

Ps. Photos are Thursday and it was great cold pow on N facing

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5491.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	516.6 KB 
ID:	371057Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8520.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	371058Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1618032616.846892.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	371059

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    No/100% from me!
    I answered 100% as well. Wish there had been an over 100% option. If we want country club conditions we gotta pay country club prices. Like beaterdit said we're likely all in it together in LCC but..... if an Alta pass was $2500-$3000 and all the other Cottonwood resorts kept things the way they have been the past couple of seasons, that could make for a lot more quiet pow days. I'm not really sure I've heard of any reasonable solution that doesn't involve pricing people out.

Hadn't heard of the Castle lift idea until the survey but the thought is intriguing. Getting to ski that terrain on more of a daily basis and perhaps even during storms would be pretty neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    I answered 100% as well. Wish there had been an over 100% option. If we want country club conditions we gotta pay country club prices. Like beaterdit said we're likely all in it together in LCC but..... if an Alta pass was $2500-$3000 and all the other Cottonwood resorts kept things the way they have been the past couple of seasons, that could make for a lot more quiet pow days. I'm not really sure I've heard of any reasonable solution that doesn't involve pricing people out.

Hadn't heard of the Castle lift idea until the survey but the thought is intriguing. Getting to ski that terrain on more of a daily basis and perhaps even during storms would be pretty neat.
    Fixed Grip Double, No grooming.
    I have a feeling the powers that be will go with Grizzly regardless, because "we need more beginner terrain".
    The Schrantz (sp?) got approval to build on their plot (between the legs of the north switchback on the summer road) and I think that's for collateral to let the lift co put a lift tower on their property.

Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    SE Provo Peak today. SE drop 10:45am . S Drop just after noon. Perfect corn. They got a little less snow that LCC and BCC from the last storm, though.
    Gracias. May give it a shot tomorrow.

If I still lived there, $2500 for no ikon/epic, and less traffic would seem like a deal.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Dropped into S superior around 1030ish this morning. Top third was soft but variable, middle third was heavy mashed potatoes, bottom third was prime corn. It still goes from the top without much of a choke point, but that won't last much longer.

And yet it looks like Alta is less and less in sync with SB. Alta's passes are already substantially more expensive. Most baffling is '21-'22 AltaBird pass from Alta is $2099 while from SB it's $1499. ???WTF??? Why would anybody in their right mind buy it from Alta? I won't. the difference pretty much covers SB's new and improved $700 parking pass (which they had the vision to double from last year). And there's a similar gap for Alta's other passes. Maybe the "lose our independence" refers to a buyout by The Bird? Help me understand.

Quote Originally Posted by raueda1 View Post
    And yet it looks like Alta is less and less in sync with SB. Alta's passes are already substantially more expensive. Most baffling is '21-'22 AltaBird pass from Alta is $2099 while from SB it's $1499. ???WTF??? Why would anybody in their right mind buy it from Alta? I won't. the difference pretty much covers SB's new and improved $700 parking pass (which they had the vision to double from last year). And there's a similar gap for Alta's other passes. Maybe the "lose our independence" refers to a buyout by The Bird? Help me understand.
    pretty sure you are looking at the price for a 20-21 altabird...

Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    That time/aspect formula was money today at 10,000 ft up BCC. Velvety sweet corn.
    Gravity Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    If I still lived there, $2500 for no ikon/epic, and less traffic would seem like a deal.
    Id be all about this, the blackout days were amazing. I feel bad for only answering i'd pay 50% more now, i wish i could switch it to 100%

Adult unlimited season pass is up 35% from $999 to $1549.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Adult unlimited season pass is up 35% from $999 to $1549.
    You guys are looking at the late rates for this year's passes.

Altabird has always been the same price no matter where you buy it, they aren't gonna change that.

great spring skiing yesterday but man, the 11yr old and I saw the events leading up to the motorcycle fatality in bcc yesterday afternoon. after the s turn, motorcycle passes us at such speed that 11 yr old says that's how you get in an accident. within 15-20 seconds, we turn the next corner and we’re the first car on the scene. everything's smoking, motorcycle's destroyed, guy went over the car on to the side of the road, everyone's working together, calling 911, trying to help, but he apparently tried passing this black mustang on a corner and ran straight into the oncoming traffic. driver of the car seemed in shock while his wife/gf was pretty hysterical. people were shaken up and glad the 11 yr old didn’t see the accident actual happen. vibes to the families impacted.

I will be out at PCMR in a rainbow unicorn onesie today. Probably Little Kings and McConkeys laps as things soften up. Ask for change.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

pretty sure you are looking at the price for a 20-21 altabird...
    SB pricing is most definitely 2012-2022. Correct, Alta is last year, 20201-2022 "to be announced late April." So they'd have to lower pass prices substantially to be in line with SB's announced prices. Yet the questions in their survey suggests prices going up, if anything. Maybe they're stalling on announcing till they get more survey data. The whole tone of it is very weird.

SB pricing is most definitely 2012-2022. Correct, Alta is last year, 20201-2022 "to be announced late April." So they'd have to lower pass prices substantially to be in line with SB's announced prices. Yet the questions in their survey suggests prices going up, if anything. Maybe they're stalling on announcing till they get more survey data. The whole tone of it is very weird.
    Like snowaddict said, what you are seeing is late purchase pricing which is always a lot more than early season pricing. Hard to imagine that survey will impact anything for 21-22, particularly given Ikon has already announced Alta is included again (hope I'm wrong though!).

most definitely 2012-2022... last year, 20201-2022 .. it is very weird.
    word

Hard to imagine that survey will impact anything for 21-22, particularly given Ikon has already announced Alta is included again (hope I'm wrong though!).
    have they done a survey like this in years past?

Quote Originally Posted by wasatch_carpetbagger View Post
    have they done a survey like this in years past?
    I don't remember any recently

Quote Originally Posted by getoutside View Post
    great spring skiing yesterday but man, the 11yr old and I saw the events leading up to the motorcycle fatality in bcc yesterday afternoon. after the s turn, motorcycle passes us at such speed that 11 yr old says that's how you get in an accident. within 15-20 seconds, we turn the next corner and we’re the first car on the scene. everything's smoking, motorcycle's destroyed, guy went over the car on to the side of the road, everyone's working together, calling 911, trying to help, but he apparently tried passing this black mustang on a corner and ran straight into the oncoming traffic. driver of the car seemed in shock while his wife/gf was pretty hysterical. people were shaken up and glad the 11 yr old didn’t see the accident actual happen. vibes to the families impacted.
    That is really rough to read about. Glad to hear that you are physically okay. Remember that therapy for emotional trauma is completely okay. It will take time to process. I was on scene at a triple fatality head on collision once and will still occasionally recall that trauma while driving. I cannot imagine being a first responder and seeing it on a regular basis.

Sympathies to everybody. Jesus, this stuff is very difficult, even just seeing the immediate aftermath. I know, I watched my wife take a 40 foot climbing ground 4 feet in front of me. You can never un-see it. Some degree of PTSD should be expected and you never entirely get over it. Absolutely see somebody if you or the 11 Yr old have any issues at all.

^ yeah. years ago (like 15-20?) I saw a kid on a bike get hit by a pickup head on. he ended up living, but it was like something out of GTA, he flew up in the air pinwheeling, we were sure he was dead. definitely shook me up good for a couple weeks, and I will NEVER get that image out of my head. glad you and your boy are alright man.

I'm sorry you saw that. I was a couple miles behind the crash when it happened and seeing the destroyed motorcycle and car was enough for me. Amazing no one in the car got injured because the windshield looked destroyed.