Yakima Exo hitch Rack system

Looks pretty cool. Low box for gear, then the upper can hold bikes, skis, a table, gear rack, etc. Looks like the gear racks comes off and makes a trailer. Lots of options. But it ain't cheap...

https://autowise.com/yakima-exo-hitch-rack-system/

It does look cool. Using that as a ski box in the winter though, it will get destroyed by salt and road grime in quick order.

Could be pretty cool for camping, and I see a lot of utility with something like a four wheel camper if you are already running a bike rack. A lot of tongue weight though.

Yeah, and it sits pretty low. Could be good on a higher lifted vehicle, but a Rav4 would drag it a lot anywhere unpaved.

FYI the ski racks are clamp style, not the box. I think the box is too short.

They also have rooftop box w/ solar.

I mean, it is "overland inspired" so it must be awesome. Problem is neither Ashley nor Daniel know how to drive whist using there mirrors. I saw a chick at the gas station yesterday with a 4 bike hitch rack on here Outback. At first I thought she really was blocked in. On further inspection she just...couldn't...fucking...drive. A friendly local tried to back her up. Not only did she refuse to go any closer than 6' to the truck behind her, she didn't understand the concept of a 3 point (or more turn) despiste friendly guy giving her the "and now you turn the wheel to the right and pull forward" directions. When I left the whole gas station was pointing and laughing at her. She had quit half way through the maneuver, put her hazards on and was on the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Yeah, and it sits pretty low. Could be good on a higher lifted vehicle, but a Rav4 would drag it a lot anywhere unpaved.

FYI the ski racks are clamp style, not the box. I think the box is too short.

They also have rooftop box w/ solar.
    We had a hitch rack growing up. Those things annihilate skis. And its funny you say that, the hitch rack on my wife's RAV4 drags fkn everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    We had a hitch rack growing up. Those things annihilate skis. And its funny you say that, the hitch rack on my wife's RAV4 drags fkn everywhere.
    Which Rav4? Some are higher than others. We are putting a hitch on my wife's new Rav4 just for the bike carrier. Her's is a TRD Off Road so has a little more clearance. The hybrids and other models are lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Which Rav4? Some are higher than others. We are putting a hitch on my wife's new Rav4 just for the bike carrier. Her's is a TRD Off Road so has a little more clearance. The hybrids and other models are lower.
    2012 so the older body style. They make a TRD Rav4 now? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    2012 so the older body style. They make a TRD Rav4 now? Lol
    Yeah, it is pretty funny but she loves it. It's actually pretty capable in semi off road conditions. Fun little car. She liked the color and TRD rims.