Page 38 of 99 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Where are you coming from?

If you tour, and the weather is good, a tour out of Paradise on Mt Rainier would be pretty cool for some outtatowners. Super simple and straight forward if not a little crowded probably.

Reservation slots are constantly opening up and being filled at Crystal so keep checking in with them... though expect it to be absolutely slammed that weekend.
    From Denver area moving to the Seattle area. I thought Baker so my wife could see a bit more of the state. Figured it was like anywhere.

We could bring the touring setups - I had skinning up to Muir on the list for when we move in June but I wouldn’t mind playing around lower if all the resorts are a madhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by V.R.P View Post
    From Denver area moving to the Seattle area. I thought Baker so my wife could see a bit more of the state. Figured it was like anywhere.

We could bring the touring setups - I had skinning up to Muir on the list for when we move in June but I wouldn’t mind playing around lower if all the resorts are a madhouse.
    Hit some laps on Mazama Ridge out of Paradise rather than slog all the way to Muir, it’s good stuff

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Dealing with the drive and crowds on Pres day weeked will likely give you a pretty good idea of the overpopulated fuckshow this place has turned into.
    That's actually a pretty good point. See if you can put up with worst case scenario. Also prepare, plan and use caution if touring out of Paradise. Tons of tourists get turned around up there and people die not infrequently in the lower environs mainly from exposure and getting lost

Thanks all. Can’t be much worse than trying to ski from the CO front range.

If we do check out Rainier I’ll do my homework and put together a proper tour plan. Only way is if we have good visibility otherwise it’s not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by V.R.P View Post
    Thanks all. Can’t be much worse than trying to ski from the CO front range.

If we do check out Rainier I’ll do my homework and put together a proper tour plan. Only way is if we have good visibility otherwise it’s not worth it.
    Imagine if the Colorado Front Range had just 4 ski areas for that side of the state...

Quote Originally Posted by neutrinoone View Post
    Imagine if the Colorado Front Range had just 4 ski areas for that side of the state...
    And the largest one having an uphill capacity about 2/3 that of Keystone or Copper...

And don’t forget to add an extra million or so people.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

At least you have different highways to access the areas though. Here you’re at the mercy of I-70.

This reminds me of my favorite dead baby joke.
    Q: What’s better than 10 dead babies in a trash can?
    A: One dead baby in 10 trash cans.

On the upside, there are 4 separate HWYS to each of those 4 areas, instead of the dreadful 1-70. And much fewer roof rack bro brahs.

-A colorado native

Replace Frisco with a cute bravarian tourist town that is so overbooked every weekend folks are spending $300 on a camping spot last weekend in a winter storm...

Oh and half of them can’t drive.

Going to do a few runs at Crystal tomorrow from 12 onwards, if anyone happens to be heading that way.

I'll be there too, rolling solo, hit me up. Blue coat, orange pants, Billy goats or cochises.

Sounds good! Green coat, black pants and a pair of praxis.

Snow stake is already at 11" damn! I'll be there Thursday with the lady friend. She likes the clear days better

But there are way less skiers/boarders per capita in W. Washington compared to the Front Range and definitely less tourists. Throw in traffic and a worse parking situation in CO and it's not comparable. And that was my experience living there 14 years ago. I get a kick out of reading the I-70 thread...it sounds even worse now. Safe to say, in most circumstances, it is still more tolerable up here in the PNW.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonder_River View Post
    But there are way less skiers/boarders per capita in W. Washington compared to the Front Range and definitely less tourists. Throw in traffic and a worse parking situation in CO and it's not comparable. And that was my experience living there 14 years ago. I get a kick out of reading the I-70 thread...it sounds even worse now. Safe to say, in most circumstances, it is still more tolerable up here in the PNW.
    The instagram I70things is pretty comical

Yesterday epic at Xtal. By about 1 I couldn't see for the blowing snow and legs were shot. Farmed my usual spots until those lines got stupid then went somewhere else. "Hamburger delivered" (Buster's line). Got int Nway right after rope drop and had first tracks/my best turns of the season but called it after that lap as the chair was rolling super slow due to high winds.

Brief meeting with Buster and son but got separated. Sorry we didn't get to roll together at least for a minute.

It was a VERY good day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Yesterday epic at Xtal. By about 1 I couldn't see for the blowing snow and legs were shot. Farmed my usual spots until those lines got stupid then went somewhere else. "Hamburger delivered" (Buster's line). Got int Nway right after rope drop and had first tracks/my best turns of the season but called it after that lap as the chair was rolling super slow due to high winds.

Brief meeting with Buster and son but got separated. Sorry we didn't get to roll together at least for a minute.

It was a VERY good day.
    fuck yeah.
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Decent day cruising around Mission with my woman. Dense settled and windblown new snow. Things are filling in nicely. No action on the new quad yet. Big results from control work on Windy/Microwave/Bowl 4 environs.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

pretty damn fun day at xtal today. crowded for sure but not late in the day. snow was heavy in spots and wind affected in others but some areas like northway skied great and deep. silver basin was good. never skied campbell as my timing was off. seems like they aren't opening right angle until nway opens these days (probably worried people poaching into employee housing during control work) which is a real bummer. managed to ski up to gate 4 right when rope was dropped.

Had a great time at the Ridge this morning, was stoked to finally get off the runs and into the trees on 3 and 4. That said, the quad can't come soon enough
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible" -Stanislaw Jerzy Lec

Holy Shit that is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Figured this is why the Canyon's been closed for a while. Hard to protect and something like this coming down on you would make for a bad day.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    Figured this is why the Canyon's been closed for a while. Hard to protect and something like this coming down on you would make for a bad day.
    is that canyons territory? or looker's left of chair 8 [just OB]?