Page 77 of 99 FirstFirst ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 2451
    There’s some people in the BC Skiing community that are full of themselves. I’m getting tired of the selfish arguments that I’ve heard of why they should be the only ones to enjoy the mountains, probably some of the most condescending assholes I’ve encountered have been on touring gear. I done ranting.
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    There’s some people in the BC Skiing community that are full of themselves. I’m getting tired of the selfish arguments that I’ve heard of why they should be the only ones to enjoy the mountains, probably some of the most condescending assholes I’ve encountered have been on touring gear. I done ranting.
    Some are almost to the level of road cyclists.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Wapow View Post
    BTW - I can think of a better spot for these huts: WA Pass. Good luck with that NEPA Rob.
    Fuck that.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Fuck that.
    Seriously.

Anyone lose a ski, skin and crampon near illumination rock at mt. Hood

https://www.mountainproject.com/foru...find-the-owner

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1628098907.628883.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	381465

Huh.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

likely gonna be some landslides in that burn area this fall.

Yikes, should be interesting to see how it looks next spring!

Hey fellas, I broke my hip on the hill back in March and recovery has been coming along slower than I'd like. Do you have a physical therapist in Seattle that you would recommend?

In addition to a good PT. Find a Rec Center with a lazy river and walk it.
    Then walk it up stream and swim.

Quote Originally Posted by hbfs View Post
    Hey fellas, I broke my hip on the hill back in March and recovery has been coming along slower than I'd like. Do you have a physical therapist in Seattle that you would recommend?
    I've been doing rehab following Achilles rupture surgery with Peak Sports and Spine in Renton and I have been impressed by them. They have a few facilities in the area, not sure if they have one in Seattle though.

Sports med @ Husky stadium if you can get in. It'll cost you a bit because of their billing practices but I found all of their people to be top flight. Either well trained or the ones who are doing the training.

...No conflicts of interest to disclose.

Ouch! I had a great experience at Real Rehab sports + physical therapy in Northgate. One of their trainers, Nick, is an avid skier and helped me do a minor knee/hip rehab. Hope you are back at it soon.

15 years ago this guy brought me back from a herniated disc and sciatica so bad I didn't feel my toes for quite some time. Been through pt alot and this guy was by far the best.

https://eastsidesportsrehab.com/our-...-t-pilkington/

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Schneider Springs Fire Afternoon Update 8-12-21
    Date: Tuesday, August 12, 2021 – 3:30 p.m.

Today: Heavy smoke continues to blanket the Naches River corridor. Residents and visitors are urged to be especially mindful of changing air and driving conditions on Highways 12 and 410, along with an increase in emergency responder traffic on the roads. The Schneider Fire continues to experience intense heat and growth, with torching, crowning and spotting behavior. More fire response resources have been arriving throughout the day. Due to smoky conditions, aircraft has been unable to assist ground crews today but will fly once conditions improve. Crews and dozers are continuing to build contingency lines where accessible. The majority of the growth is occurring in the western portion of the fire over Old Scab Mountain.

Evacuations: As of 11:15 a.m. on August 12, the Bumping Road and drainage was moved up to a LEVEL 3 evacuation. This means if you live in the area that you need to evacuate as soon as possible.

As of about 2:30 p.m. on August 12, Hwy 410 from Eagle Rock north and west to Bumping River Road was officially moved to a LEVEL 2 Evacuation. This means if you live in the area you need to BE SET. Emergency management officials are working on homeowner notifications.

Due to an increase in fire activity and with a shift in weather patterns over the next couple of days, there is the potential for additional closure orders that could include more of the 410 corridor on BOTH sides of the road. Plan now! Little Naches Campground and surrounding recreational areas and trails could be included in this closure, so if you are headed up for the weekend be aware that you might be turned around. No timeframe has been given for this closure, and it is dependent on weather and fire activity. Stay aware!

Please check with Yakima County Office of Emergency Management on their official Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/YakimaCountyOEM for updates on evacuation information. Residents and visitors are encouraged to sign up for emergency alerts through Yakima County: https://www.yakimacounty.us/2222/Alert-Yakima

Name:	fire wa 8-12-21_1.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	456.7 KB 
ID:	382161

Flew out of SeaTac on Wednesday and got this view…

Name:	IMG_6380.JPG 
Views:	110 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	382163

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

AQI is up to 130ish in Seattle. Hopefully the winds stay slow, it’s look alright this week, but the hella heat won’t help.

AFAIK fires don’t spontaneously ignite. Do they ever really root cause these? Sparks from a trucks chains caused a brush fire on I-5 last week. I wonder if most of these are inadvertently human related vs. “natural”.

lightning, bro

Lightning passed through the Naches Ranger District the evening of Tuesday August 3 igniting a fire in the Schneider Springs area

Name:	lightning aug 5.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	195.3 KB 
ID:	382165

Maybe I’m late to the party, but just saw on IG that Cripple Creek is continuing their Westward touring shop expansion opening up a store in Fremont. What’s the vibe for you Seattleites?

More is better?

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Maybe I’m late to the party, but just saw on IG that Cripple Creek is continuing their Westward touring shop expansion opening up a store in Fremont. What’s the vibe for you Seattleites?

More is better?
    The Lot 4 uphill dog park says to fuckin bring it.

Honestly, the VAST majority of tourons will get out on their $3k setups 2 times per year, and both times it will be out of a ski resort parking lot, or at paradise. The days of easy access wilderness isolation are long gone in this area. So, you get creative and the treasure hunt for new stashes continues. I think 99% of outdoor equipment is way overpriced so i won't be buying anything from that store (unless on summer clearance), but plenty of folks will love the place i bet.

I'm sure the newly arrived to the PNW via CO via some other state with high paying tech job crowd will eat up that Cripple Creek shop. Who actually lives in Seattle these days? Anyone who has been here more than five years has probably already moved to the periphery and rarely travels into Freelard. I've gotten used to not having a brick and mortar backcountry store in the South end.

On TAY facebook they're debating whether Cripple Creek is the new "local" option because some guy originally from Oregon is running it. Compare to REI (founded in Seattle in 1938) or Evo (started in Seattle buy a guy from Oregon who went to college in Seattle). It's hard to consider a shop with locations in Aspen, Vail, and Denver "local."

It will be interesting to see if they can hang. Marmot Mountain Works was in Bellevue since 1976. Very high end and in a very affluent location (with free parking) and yet it went under in 2014. Backcountry Supply in Tacoma went belly up in 2010 leaving us with REI and Sturtevants as the only ski shops in town.

Why did they name their ski shop Cripple Creek? Cripple Creek CO might be the least snowy mountain area in the US. At least name it after a savage mountain range like Valhalla Pure.

That Schneider Fire might eat up the Bumping Lake campground. But the forest in that area is in need of some thinning and looks like it might open up some north facing terrain around Mt Aix that you can get to in winter on a plowed road via Yakima. View from the dam

Name:	20200814_205900.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	400.8 KB 
ID:	382169

Thank you fellas for the suggestions re: Seattle PT for hip surgery rehab

- I looked at Peak Sports & Spine but their Lake City location near me had questionable reviews.
    - I will consider Husky sports med too but hoping to avoid billing nightmares.
    - I like the look of Real Rehab Sports & PT and I found Nick's Instagram - very impressive. He's on my shortlist.
    - Eastside Sports Rehab looks promising. I'll keep it on my backup since I'm hoping to stay in Seattle.

Union PT, Greenwood PT, and Real Rehab are on my shortlist.

If you have experiences with them, or have another PT in Seattle to recommend, please let me know! My insurance doesn't kick in til I start my new job next week, so I have a little time to decide.

WA Supreme Court may have just made it so you can park your beater, less than $15k RV anywhere you want indefinitely, so long as it is your only home.

Jim Lobsenz, Long’s lead lawyer on the case, believes the decision leaves the city unable to enforce those fines on homeless people’s vehicles, since there is now little monetary incentive for the tow company if they can’t auction off a vehicle whose owner can’t pay. “What are they going to do with it? Their tow lot will fill up with vehicles that can’t be redeemed,” Lobsenz said
    Someone this winter needs to move full time into their beater RV and park it at a ski area lot full time and see if they will impound it. RV has to be your only home for this to work.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...uck-is-a-home/

https://www.courts.wa.gov/opinions/i...name=988242MAJ