Page 30 of 99 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    The few times I've seen skis in the river, it was locals who knew better, but continued leaving their skis in line after being warned. Going in to pee is cool- there's probably 2 or 3 others to watch your place in line. Sitting in the lodge until the last minute and expecting 1st chair is not cool...

CK

what's the problem with leaving your skis in line? as long as your back in time what difference does it make. with the forecast changing for the worst i'm really wishing I skied yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by greenmachine View Post
    with the forecast changing for the worst i'm really wishing I skied yesterday.
    Has it? Current description says: "...with snow levels falling to 1000-1500 feet Monday afternoon and evening." Sounds okay to me.

Quote Originally Posted by greenmachine View Post
    what's the problem with leaving your skis in line? as long as your back in time what difference does it make. with the forecast changing for the worst i'm really wishing I skied yesterday.
    So you think objects should place hold for people in lines? It’s cool if you are lingering around the area but to actually leave and come back expecting your spot to be save is a dick move.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Has it? Current description says: "...with snow levels falling to 1000-1500 feet Monday afternoon and evening." Sounds okay to me.
    link?

I see:
    https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...&lon=-121.4754
    https://nwac.us/mountain-weather-forecast/

We had plans for Monday, but skiing in the rain with no lodge and car far is discouraging.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    So you think objects should place hold for people in lines?
    Since the mid seventies, this was the standard accepted behavior @ Crustal and it worked well. Social norms and all that.

Only in the last 10 years have I seen aggro behavior. Odd how that coincides with an overall degradation of the experience.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Since the mid seventies, this was the standard accepted behavior @ Crustal and it worked well. Social norms and all that.

Only in the last 10 years have I seen aggro behavior. Odd how that coincides with an overall degradation of the experience.

Yea I can see it both ways. Guess it just kind of bothers me personally. I’ve done it before and felt shitty about it.

I’m over it.

Carry on with the wet stoke.

Yep.

It was also the official policy.

As recounted before I have witnessed JK remove people who had inserted themselves in front of the waiting skis.

It can't be long before Frank starts selling a pass that allows the line jumping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Local prime pass?

Snow in the PNW 20-21: We may have Corona but Corona doesn't have us!

My buddy lives just below Mission and he drove up at 0600 one Saturday and dropped his family’s skis off in front of the lift to piss off the place holder geezers. He drove home and had breakfast. They showed up at 0845 and all the old fucks had moved their skis. Entitled boomers.

My favorite was a couple of years ago, standing in line at the Crystal chair at Blackcomb, group of 4 leaves their skis second or third in row after asking the lifty how long until opening and being told, probably 15minutes. 30 seconds after they walk away phone rings and lift starts rolling, their skis get kicked to the side as the rush begins, looking back you could see the group trying to recover their skis as they get trampled over..

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Local prime pass?
    That should include valet parking and they take the skis from your locker at 6am and place directly at the front of the lift line. Show up when the lift starts and get first tracks every powder day.

Actually sounds great.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    My buddy lives just below Mission and he drove up at 0600 one Saturday and dropped his family’s skis off in front of the lift to piss off the place holder geezers. He drove home and had breakfast. They showed up at 0845 and all the old fucks had moved their skis. Entitled boomers.

that or lift ops moved their skis. I wouldn't put it past skeletor to pull that shit though.

link?

I see:
    https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...&lon=-121.4754
    https://nwac.us/mountain-weather-forecast/

We had plans for Monday, but skiing in the rain with no lodge and car far is discouraging.
    https://forecast.weather.gov/product...&highlight=off
    Sounds like Monday isn't likely to be good, but Tuesday could be a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    that or lift ops moved their skis. I wouldn't put it past skeletor to pull that shit though.
    Doubt it was him.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post

It can't be long before Frank starts selling a pass that allows the line jumping.
    And when they are sold out, selling a few more.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

At Alta in the Collins lift we dutifully fell in behind probably sixteen groups of skierless skis. Everyone came and got into their skis. Collins lift had trouble and it was recommended that we hit Wildcat. I ducked under the rope, which I got screamed at for by the lifty (seriously), and got first chair on Wildcat. A proud moment. Then of course Collins gets going and everyone over there passes the shit out of us on Wildcat.

Man, you all on the crest need snow, yeesh.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Man, you all on the crest need snow, yeesh.
    I think tomorrow is my fifth day in a row. Quantity over quality.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I’m usually there about half an hour before the lifts spin, these old farts show up at 0730 and throw their skis down. Then they go change, put their boots on, drink coffee and shoot the shit for an hour and a half. I’m not against having fun or being excited to ski for a powder day but these will do this on a day where it hasn’t snowed in weeks, it just rained and it 20f. All to be first in line.

It’s actually comical.

I once put klister wax on someone’s skis before a powder day, maybe rub a little on while they are in the lodge hopefully they don’t get stuck on the top ramp but they won’t be going any where fast
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Yep.

It was also the official policy.

As recounted before I have witnessed JK remove people who had inserted themselves in front of the waiting skis.
    I’ve always felt this was a pretty lame way to get first chair, policy or no. If you want it stand out there and earn it. I’ve gotten some strange looks as I’ve stood by myself in a sea of skis. Never moved anyone else’s but certainly considered the owners soft as they finished their coffee and wandered out of the lodge!

Otherwise was pleasantly surprised by how CM skied today. Thought it would be locked up from the overnight rain, but a nice dusting of new snow at the tail end of the overnight rain kept the skiing fun.
    Our great works of human enterprise will fade away with time. The mountain will endure. ~nps

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    That should include valet parking and they take the skis from your locker at 6am and place directly at the front of the lift line. Show up when the lift starts and get first tracks every powder day.

Actually sounds great.

Who remembers the pass they sold that had the priority loading onto chairs. In the mid 90’s. When they had those gates that you swiped and the opened to get on the chair. The entitled pass got a special loading line direct to the front. Lame.

Wasn’t that called “Vertical Club” or something like that? You got the wrist band that opened the gates in your own lift line and tracked your vert. Ahead of its time...

Snow in the PNW 20-21: We may have Corona but Corona doesn't have us!

Squaw, Northstar, Mammoth had those VIP passes prior to ICON/EPIC.

Mammoths Black Pass cost $10k. It got you a parking spot, a locker, a private dining space, ski concierge, unlimited tuning, early ups, and a special line at all the lifts.

The crowd was would murmur and hiss when someone skied thru in the black pass line on a busy Saturday. But that LA crowd is used to seeing privilege, so it wasn’t that bad...

But it would be hilarious to watch the Alpy Chair 2 crowd react to a Black Pass scenario... people would loose their shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Squaw, Northstar, Mammoth had those VIP passes prior to ICON/EPIC.

Mammoths Black Pass cost $10k. It got you a parking spot, a locker, a private dining space, ski concierge, unlimited tuning, early ups, and a special line at all the lifts.

The crowd was would murmur and hiss when someone skied thru in the black pass line on a busy Saturday. But that LA crowd is used to seeing privilege, so it wasn’t that bad...

But it would be hilarious to watch the Alpy Chair 2 crowd react to a Black Pass scenario... people would loose their shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I generally despise "VIP" passes like this, and am in the group hissing, muttering under my breath. Mostly because I'm way too frugal to pay for them. My mom decided to treat my family of 4 plus her to "VIP" passes for a day at Universal Studios as an awesome birthday gift for our kiddos. Holy shit, that was pretty awesome.