Page 57 of 99 FirstFirst ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 2451
    Anyone know if south opened today at xtal?

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Chill bite squall hunker, lines gargantua but managed 10th Chinook chair. Was up @ 4:18 to get there, in line @ 7:15.
    Wind and control hold Rex, so rolled ForestQueen for a few of laps of good stupid with some kids and their mom.
    Went back to check REX and saw the biggest line of all of my 46 years at Crustal.
    Fuck that. I mourn the passing of the best. It was so out of the limelight for so long and fit so well.

Gomered a Quicksilver lap, back to Chinook, loop that while gawking at a tumescent pr0nstar Rex line.
    Rolled 5 Chinook laps, then decided to scope out 6.
    Interminable FQ wait, unload, crested knob to see 6 starting to load with a relatively small line within the stanchions, so bolted there.
    By the time I loaded 6, line snaked halfway across the flats.

Friday was such a shit show crowds wise. It would be nice if Alterra were held accountable by the electorate for their abuse of the Comfortable Carry Capacity and the Public Trust about which the Forest Service make such d00d00. By The People, motherfuckers.
    Was in B lot around 7:40am. By the time I made it to Chinook it was already snaking up the hill. Guys on the Quciksilver side were stepping out to take a piss in the snow I guess because going to the restroom would mean being a few more chairs back?

Stuck out and waited for REX to pop at about 9:30ish. Was about 20th chair or so. Was worth the wait dropping. Into Green Valley with snow blowing over head was something I haven't experienced in a long while.

Grubstake for two quick face shot laps before the lines started to extend was worth it . Untracked West face was a bonus.

After GV line got long around 11am, decided to drop Sunny side and got some nice over the head pow with the wind blowing up the hill.

FQ sucked balls for lineage. Peaked over at chair 6 and decided to pull the plug just before noon due to a family commitment . What time did 6 pop on Friday. Would have been nice for one lap but such is life in 2021 Covid era.

Can't complain after two really good days noodling around the old stomping grounds.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Do your best to alter your perspective a little bit, lest you become old, bitter and crusty. So much melancholy and complaining going on here.

Arrived in C at 8:15 today and the line for Chinook was starting to go up the hill, Gondy line was even longer. Rex line was the biggest I ever saw, w/ singles line snaking uphill. Waited for it and hit Exterminator first thing, epic. Then banged out some laps at Gold Hills since no line and Chinook was still huge. Made way over to 6 and while the line was long it moved and didn't take as long as I expected. Powder Bowl was off the charts, best I have ever skied it in 40+ years, Bear Pits was nice as well. Did a couple laps of this, worth the lines. Headed to Northway in the afternoon and Gates #3 and 4 are closed as well as NW Bowl which means everything N of the chair is closed?? WTF??? From the lift the snow looked awesome and there were some poachers in there as well. This just made no sense and pissed me off. Employee Housing was great up top and middle, not so much at the bottom.
    You Will Respect My Authoritah!

We've been on Fridays mostly too. Under normal circumstances we'd probably have seen each other. This is one of the [crusty, bitter, whiney, old guy here - oh yeah, FUCK YOU! self righteous foooool] things I miss so much. Running into homies in the line, having a laugh, making laps with someone you run into, Elk fireplace hang, etc. I surely hope to the great almighty that this isn't the new normal cuz if it is I might give it up. Yes, it's that bad.

Call me names if ya want, but but this has changed the landscape of the entire experience for me. 50+ years of skiing and I can count on one hand the number of times I've stood in line for 45 minutes. Until this year.

I drove 4 hours for 5 laps in 4 hours on the mountain friday. That should be a once a year thing, if at all. Yeah, call the whaaaaa-mbulance.

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    All true, but shittier snow will also help. My lift skiing has been exclusively Fridays this year, and I had barely waited in a line all year at Alpy until about three weeks ago.
    The tradeoff between good snow and bad lines is indeed a tough one. I'll never complain about big pow cycles like this though, in large part because I'm excited that it extends the spring/summer skiing longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Everyone should start demanding that Alterra extend the season into May, snow permitting. At least we could get some great spring skiing hopefully w/ no lines and enjoy some beers outside in the sun!

Stevens skied well today. Driving up the pass was more challenging than it should be with all the minivans that needed chains. The typical delayed opening of upper lifts and the backside made for a busier than normal frontside for the morning. However, once the top and back popped, lines evaporated. It was wild. Skied mostly with my kids but got a few runs for me. Highlight was skiing trees with my daughter on her ON3P Jessie’s. She said it was her best powder day ever.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5705.JPG 
Views:	96 
Size:	921.4 KB 
ID:	365166

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    We've been on Fridays mostly too. Under normal circumstances we'd probably have seen each other. This is one of the [crusty, bitter, whiney, old guy here - oh yeah, FUCK YOU! self righteous foooool] things I miss so much. Running into homies in the line, having a laugh, making laps with someone you run into, Elk fireplace hang, etc. I surely hope to the great almighty that this isn't the new normal cuz if it is I might give it up. Yes, it's that bad.

Call me names if ya want, but but this has changed the landscape of the entire experience for me. 50+ years of skiing and I can count on one hand the number of times I've stood in line for 45 minutes. Until this year.

I drove 4 hours for 5 laps in 4 hours on the mountain friday. That should be a once a year thing, if at all. Yeah, call the whaaaaa-mbulance.
    You are always welcome east at the windy hill. Come on over for a soul refresh.

I'm sure the inland crew also has a recruitment bug in your ear.

FKNA
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonder_River View Post
    Do your best to alter your perspective a little bit, lest you become old, bitter and crusty. So much melancholy and complaining going on here.
    ^^ Wise advice. While I'm thankful for the conditions today (and this whole season), it's hard not to get crusty. I'm in the same boat as many, left xtal at 12:30 today feeling burnt out by the long lines. Ended up getting 5 laps in.

Am I crazy for thinking about getting an alpental pass next year? Really want to support an operation that is doing right by its customers and limiting pass sales.

Quote Originally Posted by timeo View Post
    Everyone should start demanding that Alterra extend the season into May, snow permitting. At least we could get some great spring skiing hopefully w/ no lines and enjoy some beers outside in the sun!
    Isn't the roadblock here their contract with NFS?? Elk migration or something?

Quote Originally Posted by goCougs View Post
    ^^ Wise advice. While I'm thankful for the conditions today (and this whole season), it's hard not to get crusty. I'm in the same boat as many, left xtal at 12:30 today feeling burnt out by the long lines. Ended up getting 5 laps in.

Am I crazy for thinking about getting an alpental pass next year? Really want to support an operation that is doing right by its customers and limiting pass sales.
    5 T2B laps by noon is a pipedream at alpental on a sunny powder weekend, fyi. Don't get that pass if you are expecting a let up in liftlines haha. We might have less people, but I really doubt shorter lift lines.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    5 T2B laps by noon is a pipedream at alpental on a sunny powder weekend, fyi. Don't get that pass if you are expecting a let up in liftlines haha. We might have less people, but I really doubt shorter lift lines.
    And they are now releasing more passes for this spring, not exactly what current passholders want to see. Nice spring days are going to be a zoo. It's parking-limited, but that's still a very high limit.

Quote Originally Posted by goCougs View Post

You probably shouldn’t get an Alpy pass, place is garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I’ve waited in more lift lines than prior years, but I’ve also skied many more days with amazing snow than normal so I’m very thankful for that. At least everyone is out enjoying themselves in what has been a crap year for many.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5196.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	151.7 KB 
ID:	365186

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post

Amen brother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Snow in the PNW 20-21: We may have Corona but Corona doesn't have us!

Quote Originally Posted by Alyosha_SP View Post
    Anyone know if south opened today at xtal?
    It did. Many people on top of the king when we arrived but the skiing was good.

We went through the upper northway gates in the morning which were then closed after our first lap.

Lines were super long and apparently the lots filled up for the first time this season, according to the crystal social media

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Amen brother.
    FKNA right. Thank goodness I have a beautiful, game for whatever girl on my arm in the line to keep my stoke up. I'd have given up much sooner if not.

Quote Originally Posted by nwslider View Post
    apparently the lots filled up for the first time this season, according to the crystal social media
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I love that hill more than you know. Thanks for the invite. Maybe I ought sell out of the city and opt for a lighter footprint life.

Made it once last year on a spectacular day. Things on the west slop making me think more seriously about the value of a longer drive. Would love to get there before the season's fooked.

Edit: two years ago. Fuck COVID.

Quote Originally Posted by steveski View Post
    You are always welcome east at the windy hill. Come on over for a soul refresh.

I'm sure the inland crew also has a recruitment bug in your ear.

FKNA

Today was about quality not quantity.

Left enumclaw at 7:00, which was good for pulling into a 1/2 full B lot at 8:10. Lift line already huge with the lift spinning a bit before 8:30. Rex must have been closed at the start because that line was huge too. TB on exterminator was absolutely phenomenal. Rex line still insane, headed to six - line wasn’t bad but got bad quick. Throne Lap - again phenomenal. Now 11:30, get to South Gate a couple minutes before they open and beat the masses to the king. Best turns of the season down South East trees to where the gully used to be. (Second time this week I have said best turns of the season). Second lap down the king with some more all time turns above Elizabeth lake. Bump queens to Rex to Niagara’s because why not. 8:30-3:15pm: 5 runs. Didn’t take any brakes other than lift lines.

I don’t buy for a second they are actively limiting capacity. Buddy got a reservation this morning at 7:00am. I got one last night on my first try at ~6:30pm.

Anyone else see the massive slide below Brand X Saturday? That's what I'm guessing shut down the notch, etc. Saw patrol checking it out as we rode up and the crown looked overhead. Glad nobody got caught.

Quote Originally Posted by bgrayvy View Post
    Anyone else see the massive slide below Brand X Saturday? That's what I'm guessing shut down the notch, etc. Saw patrol checking it out as we rode up and the crown looked overhead. Glad nobody got caught.
    Guessing this is what you're talking about.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

I will take back my bitching about them closing that part of the mountain yesterday, that is huge!

Quote Originally Posted by Stairmaster View Post
    Guessing this is what you're talking about.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
    What insta account is that?

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    What insta account is that?
    Shared them with you..