Page 78 of 99 FirstFirst ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 2451
    easy solution for the ski area, just mark it and relocate excessive amounts of snow immediately around it. If it snows that is.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    On TAY facebook they're debating.
    Ya don’t say?!?! Lol

Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    easy solution for the ski area, just mark it and relocate excessive amounts of snow immediately around it. If it snows that is.

yeah man, that's all part of the Charlie Toups cunning ski bum housing plan... they can't make ya leave if yer plowed in!

https://coloradosun.com/2020/08/07/c...-ski-bum-dies/

this is the way.

Seattle folks….

I don’t know where to ask this so I’ll ask it here….

If I want to buy a bushel of oysters - where should I buy them? This is for a party at house….

I’m not interested in paying Taylor Shellfish prices…

Uwajimaya?
    Fisherman’s terminal in interbay?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Uwajimaya occasionally has deals. The Bellevue store put some up for $1 each occasionally. Call ahead.

Do you have time to drive up to Bow and go to Taylors on site? there's another one up there where you'll get them for less than $1 each.
    https://www.taylorshellfishfarms.com...ellfish-market

https://www.facebook.com/samishgoldseafoods

3 hours round trip.

https://hamahamaoysters.com/

order a crate if you have the time, or drive out to the hood canal

Gemini fish market in Issaquah has pretty decent prices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Uwajimaya occasionally has deals. The Bellevue store put some up for $1 each occasionally. Call ahead.

Do you have time to drive up to Bow and go to Taylors on site? there's another one up there where you'll get them for less than $1 each.
    https://www.taylorshellfishfarms.com...ellfish-market

https://www.facebook.com/samishgoldseafoods

3 hours round trip.
    They are more expensive at Taylor Shellfish Farm than almost anywhere else I’ve seen….. like $3 each…

Don’t get me wrong, great place to stop when driving up the Chuckanut…

But it’s like paying $10 for a six pack at the brewery when that same six pack is $8 at the corner store…

Hence the question….

Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

My bad, I haven't been there for a while. They used to be cheaper there.

Call Uwajimaya Bellevue, they usually have something for $1 each and they have a good flowing saltwater tank,

Uwajimaya is my go to but hamahama is good too. I go to the Bellevue one usually instead of the ID one.

Heard that heat wave skunked a bunch of shellfish. Hopefully those have cycled through by now.

https://seattle.eater.com/2021/7/19/...d-to-heat-wave

Drove by Silver Star yesterday. Kinda not really burned at the road, but there are a few new up-trails built, and a dozer line on the West side of the creek.
    Also, thanks for the seafood ideas.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Hoping they plow to the gate this year. Looks like a lot of additional options besides silverstar are going to be opened up. The silverstar gut still has veg, but she is still burning as we speak.

I am also excited about Bumping as long as no houses get burnt. Could be good if we get a full stand replacement fire going, otherwise those trees are almost too tight to ski below treeline on many of those north faces.

Name:  Picture1.png
Views: 564
Size:  316.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Maybe I’m late to the party, but just saw on IG that Cripple Creek is continuing their Westward touring shop expansion opening up a store in Fremont. What’s the vibe for you Seattleites?

More is better?
    I think they were looking for a more consistent and stable snowpack . . . more power to them if they can hang.

More ski shops in Seattle is a good thing. Hope they are ready to sell a ton of shifts and Hawx XTD
    Last edited by XavierD; 08-15-2021 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WSDOT

SR 410 Both Directions - SR 410 Chinook Pass both directions:

Due to excessive heat, sections of SR 410 near Chinook Pass are unraveling. To prevent further damage to the roadway and to limit oil and rock from sticking to vehicles, the speed limit is reduced to 30 mph between milepost 69, the summit of Chinook Pass and milepost 74, about five miles east of the summit. Drivers and motorcyclists should also use extreme caution due to loose gravel on the roadway.

Last Updated: 8/15/2021 7:20 PM
    From milepost 69 to milepost 74

Leave it to WSDOT to come up with an HMA spec that falls apart when it gets a little warm…. The last thing we need is another reason for Washingtonians to drive slower than the speed limit…

Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by hbfs View Post
    Thank you fellas for the suggestions re: Seattle PT for hip surgery rehab

- I looked at Peak Sports & Spine but their Lake City location near me had questionable reviews.
    - I will consider Husky sports med too but hoping to avoid billing nightmares.
    - I like the look of Real Rehab Sports & PT and I found Nick's Instagram - very impressive. He's on my shortlist.
    - Eastside Sports Rehab looks promising. I'll keep it on my backup since I'm hoping to stay in Seattle.

Union PT, Greenwood PT, and Real Rehab are on my shortlist.

If you have experiences with them, or have another PT in Seattle to recommend, please let me know! My insurance doesn't kick in til I start my new job next week, so I have a little time to decide.
    I tried 3 different PT's a few years ago and can say, hands down, my experience at Union PT was the best. I saw Kristen and was really impressed by her. I've recommended Union PT to a number of friends over the last few years. That's not to say that the other PT shops I tried were bad, just that they seemed to be a little more scripted and less focused on people with athletic goals.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    More ski shops in Seattle is a good thing. Hope they are ready to sell a ton of shifts and Hawx XTD
    On the one hand, going toe to toe with Evo and REI in a town with painful rent populated by majority...undiscerning...patrons is going to be a tall order. On the other, a more carefully curated selection and a solid shop will likely mean I won't have to drive out to north bend for a decent shop and brain to pick. Will definitely be checking out.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    WA Supreme Court may have just made it so you can park your beater, less than $15k RV anywhere you want indefinitely, so long as it is your only home.

Someone this winter needs to move full time into their beater RV and park it at a ski area lot full time and see if they will impound it. RV has to be your only home for this to work.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...uck-is-a-home/

https://www.courts.wa.gov/opinions/i...name=988242MAJ
    The gist of seemed more about unreasonable seizure of property and selling it to pay fines that don’t match the crime.
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Leave it to WSDOT to come up with an HMA spec that falls apart when it gets a little warm…. The last thing we need is another reason for Washingtonians to drive slower than the speed limit…

Actually we do need a reason for WA drivers to slow down. We have some of the most reckless drivers I’ve seen.

You’re joking right?

Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Buke View Post
    I tried 3 different PT's a few years ago and can say, hands down, my experience at Union PT was the best. I saw Kristen and was really impressed by her. I've recommended Union PT to a number of friends over the last few years. That's not to say that the other PT shops I tried were bad, just that they seemed to be a little more scripted and less focused on people with athletic goals.
    Another vote for Kristen - I went to undergrad with her and she was out here to ski a few years ago. She's the real deal!