Page 89 of 99 FirstFirst ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 2451
    Quote Originally Posted by goCougs View Post
    Resorts are… crowded. Maybe someone with a more optimistic outlook can chime in ha.
    I hear it's less crowded than Tahoe..... ok maybe that's not saying much!

Resorts are crowded on prime winter weekends and whenever the snow is really good - when most people want to go. Midweek with average snow or in the spring, the lifts are pretty empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    I hear it's less crowded than Tahoe..... ok maybe that's not saying much!

Resorts are crowded on prime winter weekends and whenever the snow is really good - when most people want to go. Midweek with average snow or in the spring, the lifts are pretty empty.
    Eh, last season the 'mid-week' play turned out to be everyone's play...

Get good rain gear and rubber gloves and ski directly on the chair lift.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Get good rain gear and rubber gloves and ski directly on the chair lift.

.Name:  20210927_154039.jpeg
Views: 978
Size:  34.2 KB

Rain c…c… corn

saying that still makes me gag a little.

Quote Originally Posted by goCougs View Post
    Resorts are… crowded. Maybe someone with a more optimistic outlook can chime in ha.
    WA has resorts??? Wow. And here I thought there were only ski areas there...

Correct, one must travel to the thriving metropolis of Kellogg Idaho to find the nearest resort.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    Correct, one must travel to the thriving metropolis of Kellogg Idaho to find the nearest resort.

I mean, its has the longest gondola in the hemisphere... longer than Jackson Hole, Whistler, and Snowbird. Plus a year round water park hotel resort amenity at the sprawling base village. These are just facts. If you are a soul shredder, or a weekend warrior with a family, id skip the dank, dark, rainy, overcroweded, overpriced washington ski hills and make Silver Mountain Resort your home mountain for family fun, world class apre and pure world class soul shredding.

Plus, the lead poisoning rate in Kellogg has come waaaay down in recent years, and continues to show improvements during their annual Blood Lead Screening Week! https://panhandlehealthdistrict.org/...ead-Levels.pdf

You love to see it

Name:  1 - wp.JPG
Views: 829
Size:  33.6 KB

Name:  1 - alp.JPG
Views: 827
Size:  30.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    Red Mountain Resort takes issue with this assessment.

The season is near and change is in the air. Maintaining the character and true nature of the mountain is extremely important to us, and so is our way of adjusting to growing demand and congestion to improve your experience. We're making changes now to set you up for more time on the snow and less in the car.
    We’ve listened to your feedback, reflected on these years of growth, and carefully evaluated our options to develop our new parking plan with sustainability in mind. Our goal is to preserve the mountain experience by reducing car volume, encouraging carpooling, providing free shuttle services, and, consequently, reducing our carbon footprint.
    For these reasons, we’ve shifted our lots to paid parking on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Free parking is included with the purchase of a season’s pass, and passholders will be required to register their plates online. We do not have a reservation system to ski this season. Carpools of four or more will be free with priority parking, and free bus shuttles will run from Enumclaw peak weekends.
    With sustainability as a core value at Crystal, we believe this transportation plan is a positive step to address character, access and sustainability by improving traffic flow, reducing total car trips and lessening environmental impacts.
    Full announcement here
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Doesn't say how much you have to pay to park.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Full announcement here
    All in the name of the environment, right?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Snow in the PNW 20-21: We may have Corona but Corona doesn't have us!

Okay but free parking for people with an Ikon pass means it just makes it even more unaffordable or unwelcome for newcomers…

Basically no change for 99% of people…

EDIT: Wait they’re saying IKONers need to register that they’re coming before showing up? So basically if you miss a parking reservation you have to take the bus. Jeez. And the bus from Enumclaw is a good 40min. If they had a parking lot at the base of the boulevard then a bus would make more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    Okay but free parking for people with an Ikon pass means it just makes it even more unaffordable or unwelcome for newcomers…

Having an ikon pass doesn't make you not a newcomer.

The problem is the Ikon pass is far, far too cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Snow in the PNW 20-21: We may have Corona but Corona doesn't have us!

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Having an ikon pass doesn't make you not a newcomer.

The problem is the Ikon pass is far, far too cheap.
    Well shelling out $800 for someone that wants to try skiing is kinda a dealbreaker…

But yes the Ikon pass is way too cheap for a local. They should offer a pass like that with something like 2-3 days at every resort and then you can buy a local unlimited add on for $1-2k. The conglomerate pass is great for travel skiing. Sucks locally.

Doesn't this shift the reservation to ski shit show to a reservation to park crapfest?

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post

Yeah that was my take away. Wonder what percentage of skiers are on a day pass on any given weekend day... doesn't feel like a lot given how they are selling ikon products.

Also their goal was to reduce traffic by 10%... is that enough to reduce blvd traffic?

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Doesn't this shift the reservation to ski shit show to a reservation to park crapfest?
    Exactly. They snuck in this line very carefully:

"passholders will be required to register their plates before arrival so we can gauge capacity. We will not have a reservation system to ski this season."

Step in the right direction. Ikon passes are still too cheap. If genuine desire to decrease vehicle traffic/emissions, shifting revenue (increases) from a per skier to a per car should be effective. I doubt reducing lift ticket prices will be part of the process however. This does effectively impact the pretty small group of skin track freeloading scum and the groups just looking to play in the snow who clog up the road and parking lots. Unfortunately I really don’t see this impacting shit since last year’s reservation system indicated pretty much everyone had an ikon pass. Maybe the margins will really make the difference.

My understanding was you register your plates once for the season and then your car is tied to your pass for the year. Not sure if there is a limit of vehicles per pass.

Now maybe have the lot fully plowed before 7:30am…

Edit: two plates/vehicles per pass.

So, again, you bought a seasons pass,.
    But guess what?

It's not valid all season.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Step in the right direction.

My understanding was you register your plates once for the season and then your car is tied to your pass for the year. Not sure if there is a limit of vehicles per pass.
    On Instagram they said 2 cars. But my guess is it's not you register once. It's every day you want to go on Fri-Sun you have to secure your parking space in advance. Probably through ParkWiz. If the spots fill up then you have to take the bus from Enumclaw.

Awfully nice of Crystal to protect the environment like that by charging for parking.

Did they say what charity or cause the parking money will go to?

...passholders will be required to register their plates before arrival...

and...wait for it... add ons for next year!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    ...passholders will be required to register their plates before arrival...
    I feel like they are being so sketchy and vague about this. The next line is "there will not be a reservation system to *ski* next season". Emphasis mine. Not no reservation system period.