Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 1631
  1. #1601
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    822
    Name:  DEAC40AA-8752-4F40-AE11-9D61DB7BEF3C.jpeg
Views: 1162
Size:  99.5 KBThis was from the page before. Mission.
    Last edited by wickstad; 04-02-2021 at 08:43 PM.

  2. #1602
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    No longer somewhere in Idaho
    Posts
    1,218
    Crazy good spring!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9850.JPG 
Views:	132 
Size:	211.8 KB 
ID:	370408Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9902.JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	243.5 KB 
ID:	370409
    I feel like we’re having a really unique combo of cold clear night and relatively stable weather, especially East. Delightful!


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Gravity always wins...

  3. #1603
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    144
    Stoke aint broke
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210405_132738141_HDR.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	868.5 KB 
ID:	370626

  4. #1604
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    7,253
    Quote Originally Posted by kamtron View Post
    Stoke aint broke
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210405_132738141_HDR.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	868.5 KB 
ID:	370626
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1617742350.747710.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	370635



    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  5. #1605
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Lapping the pow with the GSA in the PNW
    Posts
    3,702
    Looks like we are getting a last gasp of winter tonight and Friday night. I’ll be at Stevens. Should play out well for the shenanigans down at Alpy. Hope it also allows riff a few more days of delivering the central Cascades stoke.


    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

  6. #1606
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Renton, WA
    Posts
    83
    I'm sure at least a few of us suckers have to decide whether to suck it up and try to enjoy Central with Triple 60 down, or ski dust on crust at Crystal tomorrow.

  7. #1607
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    der town, WA
    Posts
    112
    Big lines over Highway 2!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210329_173502815.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	370832

    Ew, sorry, no not like that.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210406_173541261.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	370833

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210406_203258007.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	370834

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210406_195547196.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	370835

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210406_204206308.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	370836

    Yeah, that's better.

  8. #1608
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    70
    Impressive Swath there

  9. #1609
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Lapping the pow with the GSA in the PNW
    Posts
    3,702

    Snow in the PNW 20-21: We may have Corona but Corona doesn't have us!

    Finding up to 18”+ pockets at the High-2 resort today. Not quite enough in the trees to really enjoy them, though. Have had some really great runs on the Shiros today...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1617908966.648377.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	228.4 KB 
ID:	370888
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1617908980.912892.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	222.5 KB 
ID:	370889
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1617908993.228472.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	535.1 KB 
ID:	370890
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

  10. #1610
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,220
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Finding up to 18”+ pockets at the High-2 resort today. Not quite enough in the trees to really enjoy them, though. Have had some really great runs on the Shiros today...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1617908966.648377.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	228.4 KB 
ID:	370888
    Fricking VR. They can't even clean the signage anymore. What a bunch of inconsiderate slackers!!!

    Oh, conditions looked mid-winter. Kudos to you for being able to get some.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

  11. #1611
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    X=Z-BO
    Posts
    3,375
    Pretty good out there. Especially in the open and leeward. Hate feeling like a criminal while trying to ski pow tho. Fucking vail and the "feel sorry for us and help us unionize" ski patrol up to the same old tricks of restricting access to public lands.

    Sent from my SM-G973U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

  12. #1612
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    70
    You're blaming both Stevens patrol and Vail Resorts?
    So what was going?
    You bought a day ticket or you've got a season pass?
    Trying to skin up thru the resort?

  13. #1613
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    X=Z-BO
    Posts
    3,375
    Yes. Forbidden Boundary closures that would never happen 4 years ago now happen all year long. Double diamond closed? Too bad you can't go hike it. Backside closed? Too bad you can't go hike it. Want to access the resort early season? Too bad you can't go hike it. Want to access the surrounding backcountry? Too bad you can't hike it. Stevens used to be the best ski area around as far as letting bc skiers freely pass boundary gates and early/late season closures. Now it's a no go all the time. At some point you've gone way beyond closures to do avy work and extended into restricting access to public lands.

    Sent from my SM-G973U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

  14. #1614
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    X=Z-BO
    Posts
    3,375
    Time to sell. It's been a massive vailure

    Sent from my SM-G973U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

  15. #1615
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    8,836

    Snow in the PNW 20-21: We may have Corona but Corona doesn't have us!

    Yesterday was fun at White Pass. Sweetbippy and I took advantage of a free day pass courtesy of Powder Alliance. First time for both of us. Front side had some okay spots but was very wind scoured and the steeper terrain had you on the crust. Best snow was in the trees off the ironically named “Couloir Express” specifically the West Ridge. Perfect terrain to keep you off the crust and a great snow fetch. All in, a fun surprise powder day.

    The layout of the hill is really weird, especially the basin expansion. Lots of poling, it’s quite flat. I think on a legitimate deep day it would be hard to get around anywhere but the front side or the terrain above chair 4. It wasn’t running yesterday. I can see why NWskier expresses his disdain for the place. We had fun but it’s really more of a cruiser and hippie pow area, it’s like the Northstar of WA.




    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  16. #1616
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    907
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post
    Yes. Forbidden Boundary closures that would never happen 4 years ago now happen all year long. Double diamond closed? Too bad you can't go hike it. Backside closed? Too bad you can't go hike it. Want to access the resort early season? Too bad you can't go hike it. Want to access the surrounding backcountry? Too bad you can't hike it. Stevens used to be the best ski area around as far as letting bc skiers freely pass boundary gates and early/late season closures. Now it's a no go all the time. At some point you've gone way beyond closures to do avy work and extended into restricting access to public lands.

    Sent from my SM-G973U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Takes some creativity and definitely annoying but still able to access highland bowl and surrounding environs yesterday.

    Absolutely agree though, sucks to have to tiptoe and play cloak and dagger games. Also kinda fun at times...
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

  17. #1617
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Lapping the pow with the GSA in the PNW
    Posts
    3,702
    One more time tomorrow?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1618000479.097311.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	225.8 KB 
ID:	370997
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

  18. #1618
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Under a bridge in YakTown waiting for the shuttle to Nachos
    Posts
    767
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Yesterday was fun at White Pass. Sweetbippy and I took advantage of a free day pass courtesy of Powder Alliance. First time for both of us. Front side had some okay spots but was very wind scoured and the steeper terrain had you on the crust. Best snow was in the trees off the ironically named “Couloir Express” specifically the West Ridge. Perfect terrain to keep you off the crust and a great snow fetch. All in, a fun surprise powder day.

    The layout of the hill is really weird, especially the basin expansion. Lots of poling, it’s quite flat. I think on a legitimate deep day it would be hard to get around anywhere but the front side or the terrain above chair 4. It wasn’t running yesterday. I can see why NWskier expresses his disdain for the place. We had fun but it’s really more of a cruiser and hippie pow area, it’s like the Northstar of WA.




    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Yep it's flat and it sucks. No steeps whatsoever. 1 out of 5 stars, would not recommend.

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

  19. #1619
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    8,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Patarero View Post
    Yep it's flat and it sucks. No steeps whatsoever. 1 out of 5 stars, would not recommend.

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Oh we found some steep stuff, it was just scoured or not deep enough. I’d go back on a similar day.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  20. #1620
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Oh we found some steep stuff, it was just scoured or not deep enough. I’d go back on a similar day.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Fake news. Crystal has way steeper terrain. People should go there.

  21. #1621
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    8,836

    Snow in the PNW 20-21: We may have Corona but Corona doesn't have us!

    Yesterday at Mission
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	63968383017__E928BA8F-1F90-4053-983C-F64A0EE92EA2.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	214.8 KB 
ID:	371108Click image for larger version. 

Name:	63969544055__6C7D4126-7283-434E-9A83-85613C2EF9E1.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	168.4 KB 
ID:	371109
    Nice skiing, corn, settled wind blown, crust and rotten crust over facets. Sometimes all on the same turn.

    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  22. #1622
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Lapping the pow with the GSA in the PNW
    Posts
    3,702

    Snow in the PNW 20-21: We may have Corona but Corona doesn't have us!

    So good and so deep today at Stevens. It snowed all day long with cold temps and free refills in the afternoon. 193 Shiros were the weapon of choice and perfect for conditions.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1618112212.342300.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	290.0 KB 
ID:	371149Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1618112221.803353.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	156.1 KB 
ID:	371150
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

  23. #1623
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,916
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    So good and so deep today at Stevens. It snowed all day long with cold temps and free refills in the afternoon. 193 Shiros were the weapon of choice and perfect for conditions.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1618112212.342300.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	290.0 KB 
ID:	371149Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1618112221.803353.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	156.1 KB 
ID:	371150
    Wait, the man who owns 10 pairs of BGs didn't even take them out in their native conditions?

    Snow was so deep and light that no long boards were used down at Alpental today.

  24. #1624
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Lapping the pow with the GSA in the PNW
    Posts
    3,702

    Snow in the PNW 20-21: We may have Corona but Corona doesn't have us!

    Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Wait, the man who owns 10 pairs of BGs didn't even take them out in their native conditions?

    Snow was so deep and light that no long boards were used down at Alpental today.
    I had such a good time on the Shiros on Thursday I decided to do a repeat. They offer so much float that the crust just disappears. Plus they noodles around in the trees as good or better than the BG’s.

    Oddly enough, I skied my MFREE 108’s on a lot of days I would normally ski BG’s this season since they ski so loose, but are much more versatile.

    Our 595” season this year is the least I have ever skied my BG’s.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

  25. #1625
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,916
    The quiver of MFree 108 and BG have covered all of my skiing this year and I have not felt like I needed anything else. Still want to check out the Katana, though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •