Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Yep. The tank is full again.

First few laps were pretty quiet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9473.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	192.5 KB 
ID:	365002
    Nice job. I’m too predictable I guess. I’m gonna tail you next time! Nobody but myself, early ski patroller, and then a snowboarder after I’d done six laps. I think I did eight total. I’m in the clouds right now.

Quote Originally Posted by wickstad View Post
    Nice job. I’m too predictable I guess. I’m gonna tail you next time! Nobody but myself, early ski patroller, and then a snowboarder after I’d done six laps. I think I did eight total. I’m in the clouds right now.
    It was fun watching the farm progress on the chair ride up.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Some deep turns and face shots this morning at Xtal. Made the wait for REX to pop worth it.

Last edited by Toadman; 02-26-2021 at 04:25 PM.

This sounds like an interesting situation...

Name:  Image1614386621.513981.jpg
Views: 602
Size:  156.8 KB
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Today at Crystal was awesome, aside from the new-normal Friday crowds that are only a shade off of Saturday crowds.

Total shit show in the morning with the whole upper mountain closed due to wind, the Chinook like was halfway to Quicksilver so I just rode Disco up to Quicksilver and made my way to FQ. On my way out of my second lap through lower Bear Pits, which seemed like the best thing going some guy nearly fell into a 10' hole on the right side that had lost its bamboo marker poles. I skipped Rex and just lolled around on FQ and then waited in the Chair Six line for that to open… when it did, it was epic. Got three quick, no hike laps in with moderate (i.e. "bad" in the old days) lines before they exploded, then hiked out to Throne a bunch of times. A-basin never opened, it should be unbelievable when it does (it hasn't been open all week), though I suspect the weekend crowds will make quick work of it.

Here's some pics

Name:	IMG_006025.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	912.0 KB 
ID:	365049

Name:	IMG_006024.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	365050

This one was taken at 2:50, so no… the lines didn't thin out today

Name:	IMG_006028.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	365048

Spot on Ptavv on today. However, A-Basin did crack at about 1:50 on Wednesday and that was enough time for two bottomless laps on toaster and appliances. Photo evidence is attached although it’s sideways..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	27354780-5A6F-47E7-AFFB-A049B1A2E403.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	397.5 KB 
ID:	365062  

Oh yah, I forgot about that because I'd already bailed. There was definitely no visible evidence it'd been open all week today though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post

What was more interesting was that Stevens had to use Yodelin as an overflow lot. When I went up there for a lap, there were a couple people in the lot who had to drive around to blewett /snoqualmie to get back

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post

3 hours wait on US2 westbound. 5 hours to get back to Seattle. lmao
    90% of skiing is just looking cool

Still good out there. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210226_200555_951.jpeg 
Views:	144 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	365079

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Quote Originally Posted by sheel44 View Post
    What was more interesting was that Stevens had to use Yodelin as an overflow lot. When I went up there for a lap, there were a couple people in the lot who had to drive around to blewett /snoqualmie to get back
    Pass reopened at 5. Just enough time to get warm and drink a few brewskis after shredding untracked all day. The parking clusterfuck is due to them not plowing the lots properly. They've lost 50% of the parking area from not having anyone smart enough to run the dumper. Par for the course at this point. I kinda like the shit show aspect of it all. Thankfully we've had 2 whole days in a row where they got the upper mountain open in a semi appropriate manner. Although I'm still not sure how many patrollers it takes to shovel a path....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210226_101608.jpeg 
Views:	213 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	365080

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post
    Although I'm still not sure how many patrollers it takes to shovel a path....

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post
    Pass reopened at 5. Just enough time to get warm and drink a few brewskis after shredding untracked all day. The parking clusterfuck is due to them not plowing the lots properly. They've lost 50% of the parking area from not having anyone smart enough to run the dumper. Par for the course at this point. I kinda like the shit show aspect of it all. Thankfully we've had 2 whole days in a row where they got the upper mountain open in a semi appropriate manner. Although I'm still not sure how many patrollers it takes to shovel a path....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210226_101608.jpeg 
Views:	213 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	365080

What the fuck is a dumper? I've run alot of equipment in my life, and I'm curious what machine you are calling this name.

I was thinking a dumper might be a front end loader.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    What the fuck is a dumper? I've run alot of equipment in my life, and I'm curious what machine you are calling this name.
    *insert yo mamma joke here*....

You know the scooper dumper to scoop and dump. Then there's a big ol grinder that carves the banks and a big wheel flattener to smooth things out. C'mon bruh! Take that shit to tech talk

Any notice of Steven’s offering ‘22 passes (for spring) yet?

Xtal was skiing so good yesterday. And the lines were so awful. Hard to decide if it's worth it. Kinda bummed on the whole thing RN. 5 (some short FQ) laps in 4 hours. minimum 20 minute line every time, one was 45. Fuck me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Xtal was skiing so good yesterday. And the lines were so awful. Hard to decide if it's worth it. Kinda bummed on the whole thing RN. 5 (some short FQ) laps in 4 hours. minimum 20 minute line every time, one was 45. Fuck me.
    Chill bite squall hunker, lines gargantua but managed 10th Chinook chair. Was up @ 4:18 to get there, in line @ 7:15.
    Wind and control hold Rex, so rolled ForestQueen for a few of laps of good stupid with some kids and their mom.
    Went back to check REX and saw the biggest line of all of my 46 years at Crustal.
    Fuck that. I mourn the passing of the best. It was so out of the limelight for so long and fit so well.

Gomered a Quicksilver lap, back to Chinook, loop that while gawking at a tumescent pr0nstar Rex line.
    Rolled 5 Chinook laps, then decided to scope out 6.
    Interminable FQ wait, unload, crested knob to see 6 starting to load with a relatively small line within the stanchions, so bolted there.
    By the time I loaded 6, line snaked halfway across the flats.

A choice for 1 lap on 6, most going Powder Bowl, I turned perpendicular to zip over to Frisco Trees.
    A few top tracks, then the windows down opened up in pitched, untracked galleries, perfect sw00ps between the bunching gnarlers.
    Perfect. One perfect railer stomped.

Back to Rex, line still massive but becoming more flaccid, so I suck it up and wait.
    The frontside skied great, 4 cycles before coming across that mom and kids whom I led out to Northway.

Skiing with kids is my antidote for powder panic, for the emptiness I've felt, for missing the ways things used to be with friends and the shared experiences.
    Stood in Paradise bowl and played tail guide while their little legs ground out turns in the deep.

Then back to the frontside, Rex line still out past the stanchions at 3 fucking o'clock.
    Burned 3 more soft chop frontsides and felt spent. Time to wallow back down to the moist mosses.

The last week has been the best powder skiing I've done around the PNW in some time. Monday and Tuesday in particular. It's oddly nice to point out PMgear in lines and not be recognized anymore.

Friday was such a shit show crowds wise. It would be nice if Alterra were held accountable by the electorate for their abuse of the Comfortable Carry Capacity and the Public Trust about which the Forest Service make such d00d00. By The People, motherfuckers.
    Last edited by Buster Highmen; 02-27-2021 at 01:10 PM.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Anyone hear about someone getting partially buried on the edge of hyland bowl yesterday? They closed the ridge out that way because of it I believe.

This winter has been excellent Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4396.JPG 
Views:	139 
Size:	213.3 KB 
ID:	365120

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Friday was such a shit show crowds wise. It would be nice if Alterra were held accountable by the electorate for their abuse of the Comfortable Carry Capacity and the Public Trust about which the Forest Service make such d00d00. By The People, motherfuckers.
    I agree with this, but I will admit I am well into the acceptance stage of grieving the "old" normal.

In November I was in denial and thought it was just the COVID shut downs freeing too many people up midweek and it'd get better.
    First half of December I was angry and ranted about how terrible it was.
    Last half of December I tried to bargain with it by constantly jumping around the mountain looking for the best combo of lines and snow (meaning neither was optimal).
    In January I got depressed about it and missed a crowded day where the snow was great and my friends told me all about it.

Now, I just shrug and go find the best turns I can get. Hike farther, earlier because a) it's something to do and b) the more effort it takes, the better the turns are.

Rather than stressing about how to get the most best turns the interminable lines have made me focus on getting out to the best turns and I think I might be enjoying them even more now.

The olden days aren't coming back (of climate change, mega passes, masses who ski weekdays) sooner we all accept it the happier we'll be.

Though I suppose I sound exactly like a cult member.

Quote Originally Posted by ptavv View Post
    I agree with this, but I will admit I am well into the acceptance stage of grieving the "old" normal.

In November I was in denial and thought it was just the COVID shut downs freeing too many people up midweek and it'd get better.
    First half of December I was angry and ranted about how terrible it was.
    Last half of December I tried to bargain with it by constantly jumping around the mountain looking for the best combo of lines and snow (meaning neither was optimal).
    In January I got depressed about it and missed a crowded day where the snow was great and my friends told me all about it.

Now, I just shrug and go find the best turns I can get. Hike farther, earlier because a) it's something to do and b) the more effort it takes, the better the turns are.

Rather than stressing about how to get the most best turns the interminable lines have made me focus on getting out to the best turns and I think I might be enjoying them even more now.

The olden days aren't coming back (of climate change, mega passes, masses who ski weekdays) sooner we all accept it the happier we'll be.

Though I suppose I sound exactly like a cult member.
    All true, but shittier snow will also help. My lift skiing has been exclusively Fridays this year, and I had barely waited in a line all year at Alpy until about three weeks ago.
    The tradeoff between good snow and bad lines is indeed a tough one. I'll never complain about big pow cycles like this though, in large part because I'm excited that it extends the spring/summer skiing longer.

I'm optimistic that this year is a bit of an aberration with lines due to Covid. Last year wasn't great, but I'd gladly take that over this year. I just try to remind myself that I should be happy we even have lift served skiing. I talk to friends in Germany about how all of Austria is closed and I give thanks we're not in that situation.

Snoqualmie was OK today. Big lines, terrible parking, completely tracked by 10am and snow getting manky in the sun by 11. More typical day. It can't, however, erase the memories of the last 3 nights that were awesome and got progressively better. As bad as it is, we have it pretty good right now.