Page 81 of 99 FirstFirst ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 2451
    Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    So let’s see if you have 40 days out there that’s…$30 per day for parking 1/2 mile closer.
    Yep.

Normally far more than forty days though. plus visiting friends and family use it and lend it to folks if we're not around.

It's a convenience/luxury that we've got used too over the years and that has increasingly become useful the past few as Ikon and C19 jammed the parking lots. Easy to switch out skis. Dump or pick up touring gear, attend to the pup. Covid tailgate lunch and après or deboot if going to the Elk. Makes side-country shuttles from the wife easier.

If you don't want one don't buy one. I deeply begrudge the recent price increase but I'm able and willing to afford it.

Don't judge me, it's not like I'm buying a fucking van.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Lol no shame in buying one just enumerating the cost per use. Pretty high. Like paying for valet parking.

Tbh if I had floppy Rugrats I was trying to get on the slopes it'd be worth the cost of admission. Park my van there too.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Sig worthy.

Steven's shaved 200 bucks off their pass price somewhere in the 550 range

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Haha, yup. See you cats there.
    Our great works of human enterprise will fade away with time. The mountain will endure. ~nps

If only all the other lots cost $300-$500 a year too…

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Steven's shaved 200 bucks off their pass price somewhere in the 550 range

Yeah $583 but it goes up Sept. 6. Plus it includes 10 days at Whistler.

7 mile r/t hike with my 5yo yesterday, most excellent

nice cap on big T tonight

++++
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Jeezus. She's 5 already? Seems like a couple days ago you had her with y'all on LBD as an infant!
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Jeezus. She's 5 already? Seems like a couple days ago you had her with y'all on LBD as an infant!
    She skied the quad at Alpy this spring. Her sister turned 2 in June...

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    Yeah $583 but it goes up Sept. 6. Plus it includes 10 days at Whistler.
    Had a coworker asking my thoughts on what pass to get this year. Its gonna be tough to not reccomend that pass. I mean shoot, thats $58 day tickets to whistler if you never even go to Stevens. Of course, that is assuming the border stays open, and coworker is A-ok with the drive to stevens. Damn, if it wasnt for the drive being about double the time that Alpental is, an epic pass would be a no-brainer for me.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Had a coworker asking my thoughts on what pass to get this year. Its gonna be tough to not reccomend that pass. I mean shoot, thats $58 day tickets to whistler if you never even go to Stevens. Of course, that is assuming the border stays open, and coworker is A-ok with the drive to stevens. Damn, if it wasnt for the drive being about double the time that Alpental is, an epic pass would be a no-brainer for me.
    Stevens on the weekends is full of No-brainers

Stevens can be a real challenge on Weekends. The key is head up early and head out early. Hwy 2 is scary for those minivans and mid-sized cross-overs with crappy all-season tires.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Stevens can be a real challenge on Weekends. The key is head up early and head out early. Hwy 2 is scary for those minivans and mid-sized cross-overs with crappy all-season tires.
    Or live / stay in Leavenworth. I do think that Steven’s is much more accessible for a beginner / intermediate looking to improve their skills.

Is this where we complain about passes? Baker is limiting pass purchases to last season's passholders only. If, after fifteen days they aren't sold out, they will consider selling to everybody else.

But here's the thing, there were a record number of first time passholders last year (for the same reason we've had record RE prices), yet most people I know didn't buy one due to covid related work/financial issues, or needed to keep their circle tight.

I'll say it before someone else does: yes, at least we don't have Ikon/Epic ...yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Is this where we complain about passes? Baker is limiting pass purchases to last season's passholders only. If, after fifteen days they aren't sold out, they will consider selling to everybody else.

But here's the thing, there were a record number of first time passholders last year (for the same reason we've had record RE prices), yet most people I know didn't buy one due to covid related work/financial issues, or needed to keep their circle tight.

I'll say it before someone else does: yes, at least we don't have Ikon/Epic ...yet.
    Sounds like they are giving priority to people who stuck with them thru the toughest season in recent memory while also creating a sense of urgency for those “fence-sitters”.

I guess we wait and see how this plays out. It’s not like you have too many other choices if you live up north.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

That's the way the mountain is characterizing it, but as I said these weren't necessarily long-time customers sticking with them. First timers were at a record high. And it was only their toughest season WRT Covid logistics. They had record sales last year.

Oh, and I forgot... they're giving priority to Canadians as well. Locals last.

I get that money talks, bullshit walks, but there are quite a few people in B'ham who've bought season passes for most/all of the last decade (or two) who are getting sent to the end of the line.
    Last edited by Ted Striker; 09-09-2021 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    They're giving priority to Canadians as well. Locals last.
    The Canadian thing has to be about rebuilding a skier base that is critical to staying profitable. The Canadians couldn't ski at Baker and Baker needs to get those people back rather than letting them go resorts in BC. I am pretty certain there will still be availability after the first wave.

No matter what the resorts do they piss off a group of people. Raised prices = hate, lowered prices = hate, limited number of passes = hate, favored this group or that group = hate. They can't win.

Quote Originally Posted by rbciii View Post
    No matter what the resorts do they piss off a group of people. Raised prices = hate, lowered prices = hate, limited number of passes = hate, favored this group or that group = hate. They can't win.
    this is correct. I just buy my pass the minute it goes on sale for the upcoming year, and forget about it. Silver linings all over the place with Epic and Ikon and mom n' pop and co-op, etc, etc. Gotta adapt from year to year to take advantage of the changes, but good comes with the bad, and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by rbciii View Post
    The Canadian thing has to be about rebuilding a skier base that is critical to staying profitable. The Canadians couldn't ski at Baker and Baker needs to get those people back rather than letting them go resorts in BC. I am pretty certain there will still be availability after the first wave.

Yeah, true. But last season proved they don't actually need a lot of us who kept them in business during the really slim years. Like I said, demand for passes last year far outstripped supply (which is limited by the parking lots) not in spite of covid, but because of it. IDK why I have to keep saying this, but 20/21 was not an unprofitable season.

I don't see a lot of Canadians skiing there this season either unless they own a place in Snowline or Baker Rim.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    this is correct. I just buy my pass the minute it goes on sale for the upcoming year, and forget about it. Silver linings all over the place with Epic and Ikon and mom n' pop and co-op, etc, etc. Gotta adapt from year to year to take advantage of the changes, but good comes with the bad, and vice versa.
    Imagine doing that for two decades, then covid having a major impact on your income and future to the point where you can't justify a season pass, only to have the mountain tell you no soup next season.

This is the forum for bitching about passes! I'm generally a fan of these kinds of policies, however I see how it could screw a few longtime passholders like Ted Striker is talking about. I bet a lot of Ikoners/Epics (myself included) are ditching their mega pass this season.

For Seattleites, Mt. baker is now a quicker and easier drive compared to Crystal. Crystal used to be a 2 hour drive for me. Last season it was 3+ hours with the traffic up the blvd. Plus you get better vibes, better management, and easier camping at Baker.

Personally I am psyched to have a snoqualmie/alpental pass this year. Much shorter drive for me compared to xtal/stevens/baker and I'll get to enjoy night skiing, drubru, and snoq backcountry. I kinda ditched all my usual ski buddies by not getting an ikon pass, so if anyone wants to meet up at alpental this season I'm game to share a chair/toke.

Quote Originally Posted by goCougs View Post
    This is the forum for bitching about passes! I'm generally a fan of these kinds of policies, however I see how it could screw a few longtime passholders like Ted Striker is talking about. I bet a lot of Ikoners/Epics (myself included) are ditching their mega pass this season.

For Seattleites, Mt. baker is now a quicker and easier drive compared to Crystal. Crystal used to be a 2 hour drive for me. Last season it was 3+ hours with the traffic up the blvd. Plus you get better vibes, better management, and easier camping at Baker.

Personally I am psyched to have a snoqualmie/alpental pass this year. Much shorter drive for me compared to xtal/stevens/baker and I'll get to enjoy night skiing, drubru, and snoq backcountry. I kinda ditched all my usual ski buddies by not getting an ikon pass, so if anyone wants to meet up at alpental this season I'm game to share a chair/toke.
    I did the same. Last year was my first year skiing in Seattle and I did not end up going to Crystal nearly as much as I thought. Between the drive, the reservations, and the lines it just didn’t add up for me. I will miss Northway and Southback tho.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the 5 day limit at Crystal this year on the $700 pass….

It’s tough as a Seattle skier to buy the $1000 pass when you have to deal with the BLVD shit show…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA